ROG Guru: White Belt Array

G75x keyboard keys, which direction should I remove them from?

Hey all, so the final step in repairing the spil I had is cleaning out under the spacebar and a couple other keys, which became slightly sticky (though the spacebar is ridiculously sticky unless it's in cold temperatures, it's ridiculously difficult to press down, and takes a couple seconds to pop back up.)

Anyways, the set of spudgers I ordered finally came (this gave me an excuce to finally get some instead of using screwdrivers lol) but I'm wondering what direction I should pry the key up from to prevent damaging the mechanism. I'm hoping maybe someone here has done this before, or might have a spare keyboard assembly they can test it out on and tell me which direction is easier to remove the keys from.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Well, the best way is top down, the spacebar uses a traditional wire hinge, with two of the smaller plastic crossing ones on each side with one button in the middle.

The smaller keys only use a plastic hinge. All the clips on the bottom of the keys look fairly fragile, so don't manhandle them. If anyone wants pictures of the assemblies, just ask.