cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming headphones reccomendations

rogdood
Level 9
Hi everyone,

I've recently moved to the UK and could not take my speaker system with me, so I'm looking to invest into some good gaming headphones, somewhere in the 75-150 Gbp, preferably on the lower price side.
As an idea, I've own Razer Barracudas, Logitechs and another no name brands and was fairly impressed with them, but not blown away.

The main criterias are:
-good, rich sound (including bass);
-compatibility with the ASUS G751 JT, that is, even a 7.1 if there is one that matches the type;
-confortable: I will be using them aroun 3-5 h daily;
- microphone if possible, if not, an external mic would be better (skype etc).

Preferably own experience, I've read the reviews and they're usually brand biased, which I don't care for. I'm about the good stuff, not about the name.
10 REPLIES 10

XOIIO
Level 7
I have the razer magalodon headset, and it's fantastic, it's super lightweight, has what is apparently a good microphone, from what people on TS have said, they are USB, however unless windows updated the drivers to support it, you will need a usb 2.0 hub to use them on usb 3.0 ports.

They have virtual surround sound, however I never use it, the times I have tried, it sounds off and weird, but probably because the games didn't output surround sound, look up some reviews if you want to hear more on that front.

The pod to control the volume is fantastic, you can adjust microphone sensitivity, volume, and it allows you to adjust the volume of each set of "Speakers" individually in surround sound mode, in 2.0 you can adjust the main volume and the bass level, and then adjust both together once you have it just right.

It's great because you can swap from teamspeak to in game audio chat, or just adjust your mic on the fly in fullscreen games if someone can't hear you or if it is too loud, instead of having to mess with settings.

It can also function as a visualizer which is pretty cool lol

ciccio80
Level 9
If you don't want to spend too much, go for SADES SA-901. Good 7.1 USB headphones.

rogdood
Level 9
I don't mind spending on quality, The Logitech G430 have caught my eye, but I guess I'll have to actually try them to know.

Julskey
Level 10
Bose, harman kardon, sony.

rogdood
Level 9
Yea, well, as I said, I don't need a list of brands, I need a recommendation for exact models.

+1 what ciccio said. You wont find any 7.1 headset cheaper than Sades 906.
It has a decent build quality + a solid mic.

rogdood
Level 9
Ordered a pair, thanks. Will do a feedback round after testing them a bit.

rogdood
Level 9
Ok, so I got the SADES SA 906 headphones, really nice sound and clear, however, in the settings menu I cannot create a custom audio profile (the option is a bit greyed out). Any ideas about that?
Also, I don't know what the ((V)) button on the left speaker does, I pressed it and there was no change.

sevymar
Level 7
Kingston hyperX Cloud 2
Steelseries Siberia V2