cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6700k Tuning

Doobz
Level 7
New to the site and to RealBench, So far I'm addicted and planning my next purchase of another 980 gtx.
I've hit a bit of a block at 4.7 and can't seem to find a sweet spot for 4.8 or higher. Everything looks fine when I do my overclock and run games at 4.8 and 4.9 but soon as I bench it with RealBench my computer locks and I cry a little inside.
Been working on RAM settings and minor voltage changes but I have a feeling I may be overlooking some other settings.
If anyone has some input of what to try next please let me know, always looking to get info from other enthusiasts.
I only use the AI tool to do minor voltage and blck changes, And can't seem to get the Speedstep to correctly stay at 4.7 in the bios.
Update : Just updated my BIOS, didn't see the new one out till comparing. Speedstep now works properly.
Version 0603 and 0802 seem to be the only bios that will overclock with lower voltages, the rest all require much more in order to even boot up.
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello Doobz

Run only the stress test I think you'll find you can pass that much easier than the benchmark. Click stress test beside benchmark, turn it white and select how many GB of ram you have, the 15 minute test is fine. You can overclock until temps hit 90c in realbench then you know it's time to stop.

Let us know if you are able to get 4.8GHz - 4.9GHz stable.

Menthol
Level 14
Doobz,
Very nice score you have there, your cooling may limit your overclock, surprised to hear that newer bios needs more vcore to boot, I have not seen that myself, typically if it crashes, freezes etc. is a sign you need more voltage to be stable just make sure to monitor your temps

Thanks for the input, I turned my fans to be more aggressive, I'm at 4.85 @ 1.395v 65c just about to start running benchmarks after I install my new headlights on my truck. I did some gaming after setting up 4.8 in GTAV and had a good 4 hour session with no hiccups and it past 30 min stress test.
The Bois thing has me wondering why , I also notice with my 4.5 overclock for daily use the temps would be around 60-70 not its normal 40-50.

Nate152
That is looking really good Doobz !

If that is 65c for stress testing you still have room to push higher and I see 4.9GHz possibly 5.0GHz. Now when you run the realbench benchmark you will need more voltage as the encoding test is a harsh test and you will likely fail with handbrake.

But yeah great job so far !

I have my old 3770k at 5.0GHz. It's game stable but probably wouldn't pass the realbench stress test.