cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code dd?

10scor71
Level 7
Hi all,

I just hooked up a second monitor via displayport and everything was fine until I restarted. Now my computer hangs on Post with a Q-code dd. Of course that code doesn't show up in any Asus literature. I know I'm going to have to unhook the monitor and anything else I put on before attempting to restart, but I wanted to know if anybody had an idea as to what the hell this code means.

Windows 10 Pro
Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel i7—5930k CPU
Corsair H110i CPU cooler
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 980ti
64 gb G. Skill 2133 RAM
Samsung 950PRO M. 2 SSD boot drive
two WD Black 4tb mirrored drives
one 8tb Seagate archive drive
two Dell U2515H monitors
Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card
EVGA 1000P2 PSU
Corsair 750d case
27 REPLIES 27

Bcheck
Level 7
Do you also get Q-code 53 ? along with DD?
My first guess is a memory error or setting.

Cheers. Tom
Asus Rampage VI Extreme (1603 UEFI), Intel i9 Skylake-X 7940X
G-Skill RGB 32GB 3200 / Asus STRIX 1080Ti OC / 970 Pro NVMe / 850 Pro
Eizo FlexScan EV3237 4K IPS@60Hz
Corsair AX860i / Corsair H115i Extreme / Corsair Commander PRO / Corsair LL RGB - Obsidian 750D
Corsair Glaive / Corsair K95 RGB / Corsair VOID Wireless
Win 10 Pro x64 1809 Fall Edition

Bcheck wrote:
Do you also get Q-code 53 ? along with DD?
My first guess is a memory error or setting.

Cheers. Tom
No, I actually didn't see the 53 code. Strangely enough, my computer started with no issues after I let it sit for a few minutes. Still would like to know what that code was

Pleot
Level 8
Maybe the machine did not calculate the changes the first time and needed a second round to get what needed in place, it is something common, Im panicking all the time with such similar stuff happening ...

Qwinn
Level 11
I can back up what Pleot said. This board seems to have an intermittent habit of not necessarily applying all voltage changes properly on the very first boot, especially if it involved a change to vinput or system agent. I've recently gotten into the habit of always doing an extra reboot after a change prior to running any stability tests or benchmarks. Heck, that might be the reason for the odd temperature variations I've posted about in other threads, now that I think about it. I didn't start doing the extra reboot consistently until a few days ago.

Qwinn wrote:
I can back up what Pleot said. This board seems to have an intermittent habit of not necessarily applying all voltage changes properly on the very first boot, especially if it involved a change to vinput or system agent. I've recently gotten into the habit of always doing an extra reboot after a change prior to running any stability tests or benchmarks. Heck, that might be the reason for the odd temperature variations I've posted about in other threads, now that I think about it. I didn't start doing the extra reboot consistently until a few days ago.

If that's the case, then multiple reboots are necessary. It happened one more time this morning, but retrying resulted in a normal boot. It's been working like a charm since.

I'm guessing nobody has any idea as to the official explanation for Q-Code dd?

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Are yoi positive that it was showing dd? See if you can take a photo of it next time and upload it here.
Positive. In fact, it happens now every time i turn my computer on the first time. However, it always starts up just fine on the second attempt. I'll take a picture and post it next time.

Chino wrote:
Are yoi positive that it was showing dd? See if you can take a photo of it next time and upload it here.

Hopefully somebody can tell me what this means because it's driving me nuts.

Chino
Level 15
Thanks.

Can you locate the 4 QLEDs and see if any of them remain likt when your system halts with the dd QCODE?