ROG Member Array

Question Will XG2 external GC dock work on G501vw/jw?

Hello guys,
    I was hoping if you could answer the my question: Will XG2 external GC dock work on G501vw/jw?

I plan to buy a g501vw once it released on my country and When I heard that the XG2 will be released later on , I also plan to buy it later since we are talking about a desktop grade GC for the laptops which will boost the gaming experience much better.

My dilemma is that I dont know if xg2 will work on g501vw since they said that it needs 2 connections of Thunderbolts? Or usb 3.1 type C? Im not really sure about it since I dont have any idea on these things,

Please help me if theres someone in asus could clarify this

Thanks

ROG Member Array

I doubt it, it seems like you need 2usb c ports with internal switching to pcie for the xg2 to work, I imagine that the vw model only has one c port was deliberate in this regard so people wouldn't get confused

ROG Member Array

There's a higher likelihood that razers core will work provided that the g501vw's bios supports gpu switching as it's a pure thunderbolt 3 implementation

Ex-employee Array

Locking this thread, please continue the discussion at the other thread below:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...k-on-G501vw-jw