cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Weekend (Still need help) w/ video card

Hazzyftw
Level 7
Hey all,

Horrible weekend here, i was doing a build for a friend with a MSI krait gaming z107/i5 6600k/h100i/HX750W/8GB ddr4/R9 390 (Visiontek) and none of it powered up. Right now im testing his PSupply, and videocard with some of my parts. So far the system fires up and so on so the PSupply isnt the problem, yet catalyst is not installing at all. It is completely failing to acknowledge the card, and nothing will display from it either. The fans are spinning at a resonably good speed and 750W should be enough to power this card. At the moment im using the generic drivers on board to get a display going because no displays are firing up from the video card.

Every time i try to install any drivers all it installs is the "amd installer", no catalyst drivers or anything of the sort (when it goes through the "detecting items" section of the install, it fails to find anything at all). Is this the sign of a dead card+mobo/processor? Should i start helping him RMA everything? Thanks

Edit: Doesnt even recognize the card in the device manager section of the control panel, the only thing that displays the "standard generic adapter" which corresponds to the vga unit of the intel processor im using
Edit2: Seems one of the PCI slots on my mobo is dead, moved the card to the slot below and its working perfectly fine now.

Rig:
4770k @ 4.4 Ghz (1.275Vcore) W/ Seidon 240M push-pull
EVGA Gtx 970 FTW
ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero (Z87)
480 GB PNY Optima SSD+ 248 GB Kingston V300 + 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda
16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866 Mhz 1.62V
Corsair HX 750W PS
Corsair Obsidian 750D
1 REPLY 1

chrsplmr
Level 18
Well .. gotta love a thread that solves itself in the first post. hahhaa Well played.

If I have neglected to say so before Hazzyftw, Welcome to ROG. .c.