cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771JW Slow WI-FI speed

chiribauradu
Level 7
Hello guys, I have a problem with my wi-fi connection. I get a slow speed when I'm connected to the internet via WI-FI, I get like 3Mbps on WI-FI and 24Mbps via cable. Why is that? what do I have to do to get the normal speed. I tested speed with my phone and I got 24Mbps, tested with another laptop and got 24Mbps and so on...Please help me! Thank you!
1 REPLY 1

Gps3dx
Level 12
chiribauradu wrote:
...I have a problem with my wi-fi connection. I get a slow speed ...via WI-FI, I get like 3Mbps on WI-FI ....

Hello there new ROG citizen,
Welcome to ROG's central forum !

We @Vault-Tec, wish to remind you that no matter which PipBoy (aka: your PC) version you hold,
the minute you have entered ROG country (aka: this forum), you're able to SEARCH FOR ANYTHING using your own private PipBoy (aka: your PC) ... and it's really simple:
Just look at the right upper corner of your PipBoy, then enter your query in the "Search" field, Hit enter and viola!

You might ask your self - "why should I bother" ?
Well, leaving a reply in an already opened thread, with same/similar topic, can help the ROG community by having ONE THREAD that debates same subject, instead of many many others.
That way, the ROG community will have a "library of knowledge" on same topic - IN ONE PLACE.

We also, @Vault-Tec, worked really hard to concentrate the most important, most debated subjects, and PINNED SOME OF THE THREADS AT THE START OF THE 1st PAGE of this forum.

Just for example, a quick search for "wifi slow" revealed the following ALREADY OPENED threads with similar topics, that you can read, learn, and debate in-them, without any need for extra Fusion cores (aka: energy):
G771jm slow wifi problem, Mediatek MT7630E connects only at 72mbps with Asus RT-AC66U
Intel 7260AC terrible wireless speeds... anyone else having problems?
G751 + WLAN = Heavy Lags, Rubberbanding
G751JY + Intel AC 7260 Issues + Replacement Card?

As always, feel free to visit us at the ROG central forum ( after a search for an already similar topic thread 🐵 for any future question.
signing out,
VaultTec.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]