cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 (fastest) memory upgrade

JustinThyme
Level 13
Being the usual can't leave well enough alone personality that I am I just have to find out how far the memory on this machine will go. I'm going to pilfer my kids college funds and go for broke with 64GB.

Question is, which. Pretty much only GSkill making 16GB sticks and only the egg is carrying them.

Being that this machine is new pretty much no one has tried it yet.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein
48 REPLIES 48

toronto699
Level 13
Justine did u run the crucial compatibility tool to see what it says? I wonder what it would say ?
http://www.crucial.com/

JustinThyme
Level 13
The Crucial scan pops up all their products in the 2133 and 2400 flavors.
Corsair just throws the Value select 2133 at me, 2x8GB kit.
Just to make sure we are clear, this is a complete replacement so it wont default to stock speeds due to the stock ram still being there, its going in the box. All 4 will be replaced. Did this on the G751, its stock speed was 1600 and its running 2133 all day long without a hitch. All I did was put it in, no changes to be made. It picked up on the SPD and adjusted the speed accordingly.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Stooo
Level 7
Should be able to handle the fastest. And if you order from Jet.com you can save close to 100 if you use a promo code. The order still gets filled be the egg too.

Just checked and it does not look like Jet.com has them anymore.

Jlieu
Level 7
I just got myself Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4 2400 CL14 32GB with 8GB each slot.

This is the best i can get for now in asia.

Jlieu wrote:
I just got myself Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4 2400 CL14 32GB with 8GB each slot.

This is the best i can get for now in asia.

running at full speed?

I checked Jet along the way, didnt see them listing any 260 pin DDR4 Sticks

Jlieu
Level 7
https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX424S14IBK2_16.pdf

This is what i get.
still on the way, i was ordering online. will be testing it this weekend.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Post up memory screenies from CPUID and bandwidth tests if you get a chance...
Im most likely going to go for the gold with the 64GB set of the 2800Mhz just to see if it works. Newegg is a good option for me as their main east coast distribution warehouse is a 20 minute ride from me and I can pick up at their will call and if it doesnt work RMA it the same way.

Jlieu
Level 7
Running at full speed! so there should be no problem for 3300 or higher if available.