cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest win 10 update killed my xonar phoebus sound card software!!!

Stigmeister
Level 7
Hi

First of all thanks for taking the time to help me out here...

Two days ago on the 16th January 2016 my PC updated and required a reboot, so I dutifully did as I was asked, worrying as to whether everything would still be OK as in the past win 10 updates have pretty much messed with everything from display drivers to my antivirus not working 😞 hmmmph!

So I waited for the update to install and yes to my dismay another problem, NO SOUND!

I have an Asus Xonar Phoebus Rog sound card, so I headed off to their website to see if I could download some updated drivers, and yes their they were. Thankfully, I downloaded them and installed them, YeY! We have sound.

My motherboard is MSI Z97 Gaming 7.

I also have Realtek Digital Output and AMD High Definition Audio Device (could these be interfering ? They didn't before)

BUT!!!

Neither the software (Sonic Studio Pro) that controls the card nor the Dolby Home Theatre works any more and also I cannot record properly using cool edit pro, it sounds like I am recording off an old tape deck and mono mike. Now I am all for nostalgia but if I want that sound I will download a filter lol.

All this worked prior to the updates.

So please, please, please can anyone help ?

I cant find updates for the Dolby software (which I am pretty sure is why Sonic Studio wont work) anywhere, their site simply instructs me to head on over to Asus site (which I did) to DL the latest drivers, which they have but with no Dolby nor Sonic Studio. The thing is this.

Without the software the sound card sounds rubbish lol, no eq, no bass boost, no voice clarity, no surround sound etc. I could go on, but seriously without the Sonic Studio and Dolby (or other software, which I don't yet know about, so if anyone knows please also let me know.) the card quite simply cannot work.

The software is needed to control it, so I would have thought it was pretty integral and I cant believe that Asus didn't release it with the updated drivers. Hmmmph...

But if anyone knows a work around or of any way to get it all working again all suggestions welcome 🙂

Cheers

Aeon
1 REPLY 1

Florin
Level 7
Don`t blame Win 10 for other`s problems.

To solve your problem just un-install everything related to the soundcard and install the latest driver on their page. You`ll have the old interface and the Dolby Home Theater app.

If you really want the old driver that had Sonic Studio Pro i can provide a temporary link to it, since i see from the ASUS site it`s not available anymore.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit