cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS N56VZ with Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230 and VM SH2ac getting 65 Mbps max

Ervin
Level 7
Hello, got VIVID 150 Optical Fibre and Super Hub 2AC. I`m using ASUS N56VZ notebook with built in Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230 card (2.4 Ghz) which supports up to 300 Mbps.Maximum that I can achieve wireless is 65 Mbps, with Ethernet cable connected 150 Mbps and even above.

I have tried to change settings of my card and router but it didn`t help.

I`m very disappointing with it because I can use only less when half of my avaliable speed. To keep my notebook connected with ethernet cable is not the option for me.

Anyone can put some light on situation please?
4 REPLIES 4

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Can you list the full specs of your wireless router? I'm almost 100% certain it's the router that's causing the cap with the speed. The router/hub that's provided by your fiber optics provider is probably not dual-band wireless router so probably why the speeds are not even close to the maximum speeds.

InfernoStorm wrote:
Can you list the full specs of your wireless router? I'm almost 100% certain it's the router that's causing the cap with the speed. The router/hub that's provided by your fiber optics provider is probably not dual-band wireless router so probably why the speeds are not even close to the maximum speeds.

802.11 ac, 2.4 Ghz, 5Ghz

InfernoStorm
Level 10
So it's a dual band router, is it a 1x1, 2x2, or 3x3 router? I'm almost 100% sure if you change your wireless router, this issue would be resolved.

I'm pretty sure the router has 1x1 antennas (150mbps)... my old wireless router also 150mbps router (1x1) only gave me 60mbps max.. Changed to a 2x2 router (300mbps) and I started getting 5 times the speed. You're never able to get maximum rated speeds through wireless connection or at least I haven't be able to. It's actually quite logical as there's always interference of some type in your home and even connected through 5GHz band may give you better speeds and it's less vulnerable to interference but has much shorter range than 2.4GHz band.

InfernoStorm wrote:
So it's a dual band router, is it a 1x1, 2x2, or 3x3 router? I'm almost 100% sure if you change your wireless router, this issue would be resolved.

I'm pretty sure the router has 1x1 antennas (150mbps)... my old wireless router also 150mbps router (1x1) only gave me 60mbps max.. Changed to a 2x2 router (300mbps) and I started getting 5 times the speed. You're never able to get maximum rated speeds through wireless connection or at least I haven't be able to. It's actually quite logical as there's always interference of some type in your home and even connected through 5GHz band may give you better speeds and it's less vulnerable to interference but has much shorter range than 2.4GHz band.

The conclusion I have come to is that my card doesn`t support AC modes, only N, so I order for 15 with something pounds a bit higher range Intel with AC compability and will give it a try. Anyway its cheaper option then to change a whole router.
Thanks for advice.