cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG RAMCACHE Error: "Incorrect function."

Snacko
Level 7
I've been using RamCache on my 😧 drive for a few weeks now. Today when I booted up it decided to give this error:

Incorrect Function.

Any Ideas? :rolleyes:
Intel I9-10850k / Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler 360MM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC / Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX / 2 x M.2 (1 TB / 2 TB) EVO Plus/ /2x SanDisk 250gb SSDs (Raid0 total 500gb) / WD 2TB 3D Blue SSD
17 REPLIES 17

InfernoStorm
Level 10
You should screenshot and send it over to support team, obviously a bug. Right now more people are having lag issues with ROG RamCache, but I haven't see anything about this error.

Snacko
Level 7
Thanks for the Reply.

I started getting that error after I had installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 10(FSX). I was running RamCache v2.7.18 I believe. So, I downloaded the latest version v2.01.02 and installed that hoping it would fix the error. After installing, it asked to reboot. When I rebooted, my pc got a blue screen upon booting up, saying Incompatable bood device. I made sure it was booting on the correct drive in the bios. And also pressed F8 on booting to get the boot disk selection menu. I was selecting my C: drive with Windows 10, but got the same error every time. It would not boot. I finally had to restore from a restore point that was made after I had installed FSX. That let me boot. Then I restore from a backup I had made a few days ago. Then the Incorrect Function RamCache Error went away. Now my system was working good again before the error.

So, I installed FSX again and got it working. And all was fine for a day and a half. Then, again last night, I got the Incorrect Function error with RamCache! Arggg! I am afraid to install the new version again since that caused my pc to not boot up. But... I had made a good backup again, after I had fixed it yesterday and had installed FSX. So, I didn't have so much to loose. This time, I did not uninstall RamCache first. I just installed over the current version. I just rebooted and did not get the error. So, I am running the new version. I hope that actually fixed the problem!! But since I had restored my pc yesterday, and didn't get the error all day, I have some doubts as to the cause, or if this new version is the fix.

If I start getting the error again, I will submit a support ticket. But I will just uninstall this thing as well..

Question:
RamCache caches frequently used files. From what I understand, it does not matter where the file is located, just that you used it and it is cached in memory for next time. So, why does RamCache what you to select a 'Master Drive'?

How do you decide which drive to select and why?
Intel I9-10850k / Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler 360MM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC / Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX / 2 x M.2 (1 TB / 2 TB) EVO Plus/ /2x SanDisk 250gb SSDs (Raid0 total 500gb) / WD 2TB 3D Blue SSD

Bahz
Level 12
Please download RAMCache latest version V3.01.00 from ASUS support website and install it on your system to check if this issue remains.

Bahz wrote:
Please download RAMCache latest version V3.01.00 from ASUS support website and install it on your system to check if this issue remains.

Can you please answer a big question for me?

What difference does it make which disk drive I select? Does it only cache files from that drive?

The last version I downloaded(v2.01.02) does not require me to select a drive at all. I have never selected a drive and it still starts and stops.. Why is that?

Bahz wrote:

I have the latest and just got this error!

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Snacko,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm checking with our software team and now waiting for their response. I should be able to answer this for you by today or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi Snacko,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm checking with our software team and now waiting for their response. I should be able to answer this for you by today or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Bahz

Thank you so much Bahz! I am eagerly awaiting the answer to this.. :confused:

Snacko
Level 7
Any answers on this yet?

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry guys, the last email I got back from our motherboard team is that they'll discuss this with their EE team and I haven't heard back since. I followed up again just now and for sure I'll keep following up until I get an answer from them.