New ROGer Array

New Graphic Card for G75VX?? New asus rog xg station 2 compatible with my laptop?

I own an Asus ROG G75VX-CV068H, FHD, 3D, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM 2.4GHz Ivy Bridge, 8GB, 750GB, GeForce GTX 670MX 3GB, Win 8...and I want a new graphic card, there is any possibility to replace the old one?
    The new asus rog xg station 2 is compatible with my laptop?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gigoto76 View Post
    I own an Asus ROG G75VX-CV068H, FHD, 3D, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM 2.4GHz Ivy Bridge, 8GB, 750GB, GeForce GTX 670MX 3GB, Win 8...and I want a new graphic card, there is any possibility to replace the old one?
    The new asus rog xg station 2 is compatible with my laptop?
    I guess it won't be compatible, it seems to be ThunderBolt 3- technology used for the eGPU. G75VX has Thunderbolt 1 or 2.
    Thunderbolt is the brand name of a hardware interface that allows the connection of external peripherals to a computer. Thunderbolt 1 and 2 use the same connector as Mini DisplayPort (MDP), while Thunderbolt 3 uses USB Type-C.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to have an external GPU for my G75VX too

-RocketD0G

New ROGer Array

But there is any adapter for USB Type - C?
    Maybe with an adapter we can use this xg station!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

A USB C adapter will not provide access to the native PCI-E connection this hardware will require. You will need the proper internal wiring for this to work sadly.
    Asus ROG G55VW:
    CPU: i7 3630QM
    GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
    RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
    Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

New ROGer Array

So im stuck with my old laptop, without any chance to improve the graphic card??
    Thats really bad!
    In the future i will look for some upgradeable laptop, like Clevo!