Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    272

    Those instructions do not "fix" anything, it's basically a way to bypass DRM, it works but all you get is stereo sound since surround requires the drm to be active. This bug exists since the card's release, it's been fixed at some point but came back as soon as asus updated the driver.

  2. #12
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Same problem with DRM and Netflix. Watching movies on Netflix inside my browser works but using the Windows 10 app of Netflix fives me an error. I really want to use Netflix but without Dolby Home Theatre it is not a solution for me. And the problem is not new. It's known since many months but no one does something to fix it.

  3. #13
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Rewerend View Post
    Don´t know about DDL issue. What have you beeen experiencing?
    I can tunr on with no problems vie 5.1 speakers.

    For skouras the solo Phoebus is the same HW for sure and you can use same drivers. Wierd think is why they did not upload new drivers to the Pohebus SOLO page...
    In previos win10 beta drivers asus disabled DDL support. Is it enabled now?
    ______??????????????????????????___________??????? ???????????????????????_________

  4. #14
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    DDL can't be enabled again, the feature is no longer supported on Winddows 10.

  5. #15
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by squallkae7 View Post
    Same problem with DRM and Netflix. Watching movies on Netflix inside my browser works but using the Windows 10 app of Netflix fives me an error. I really want to use Netflix but without Dolby Home Theatre it is not a solution for me. And the problem is not new. It's known since many months but no one does something to fix it.
    Have you tested the later version 4.28 to see if it now works with the Netflix app?
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...673.1462513003

    Unfortunately many Dolby fetaures including Home Theatre is no longer supported in Windows 10, so this feature will not be available for future versions as well.

  6. #16
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Unfortunately many Dolby fetaures including Home Theatre is no longer supported in Windows 10, so this feature will not be available for future versions as well.
    I must say that is wrong because it used to work fine on my Win 10 until I had to reinstall drivers... And apparently it does work for many other users on this forum (so I don't understand why ASUS is denying it)...


    Have a look here : https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...w-build-14342/

    "We fixed an issue resulting in audio crashes for users who play audio to a receiver over S/PDIF or HDMI, and use a driver that supports real-time encoding via technologies like Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect."


    Does this mean Dolby Home Theater will work again under Windows 10?
    Is ASUS willing to put back the DHT in the drivers if Microsoft fix its support?
    Last edited by Darats; 05-20-2016 at 11:06 AM.

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    272

    Quote Originally Posted by Darats View Post

    Does this mean Dolby Home Theater will work again under Windows 10?
    Is ASUS willing to put back the DHT in the drivers if Microsoft fix its support?
    Nah, don't expect any real fixes from asus, in fact we'll be lucky if they don't remove any more features from the nex driver release...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •