cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is G752 coming to Spain?

Devonmad
Level 7
Hi, I'm interested to buy the ASUS G752VY but it isn't sold in my country (Spain). I don't know why take so long to be sold here because I have seen that in other countries is sold in a while. I would like to know if you are going to market here and whether it will be long.

Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

Aldaraad
Level 7
Hm. Spain is in the EU so ... why not buy it online? There are beautiful configurations throughout the EU - fast shipment and no tax/customs inside the Union.

Aldaraad wrote:
Hm. Spain is in the EU so ... why not buy it online? There are beautiful configurations throughout the EU - fast shipment and no tax/customs inside the Union.

Problem is that there's no Ñ key on the rest of the EU zone.

Devonmad, I'm spanish, I bought a GL752 in an spanish online store, when supposedly hadn't arrived yet to spain. Try some local ASUS official re sellers shop and ask them directly.
I don't recommend you asking on ASUS Spain on Facebook; they do give an answer, but it's like "The laptop XXX you are looking for will be coming to Spain very soon! Stay tuned and check out our page for further details"

Exactly, the keyboard is different. Moreover the warranty may be only the country, not global. So I asked around, if someone knew something.

I spoke with a local dealer to ask the price of the Asus G501 when he had three months on sale. And after much insisting it took 2 months to give me the price. Finnaly i saw the announcement of CES 2015 and decide to wait instead buying it.

Nandodean, could you say me where do you buy that notebook?

Footnote: Sorry if I have a serious lack of spelling, but I have really forgotten English.

Devonmad wrote:
Exactly, the keyboard is different. Moreover the warranty may be only the country, not global. So I asked around, if someone knew something.

I spoke with a local dealer to ask the price of the Asus G501 when he had three months on sale. And after much insisting it took 2 months to give me the price. Finnaly i saw the announcement of CES 2015 and decide to wait instead buying it.

Nandodean, could you say me where do you buy that notebook?

Footnote: Sorry if I have a serious lack of spelling, but I have really forgotten English.

I was thinking about buying in pccomponentes, amazon, elcorteingles... But in a famous spanish forum (forocoches) there were people buying this laptop in "elejidoshopping", which is a webpage that seems a complete scam (and I thought so), because their prices were too low to be real (860€ the gl752 that I have, when it was moving between 950-1200 in the other shops, same config). Needless to say the webpage design, seems the perect scam.
After talking with people I knew from the forum, I waited until the laptop got shipped and they received it without any problems. Did the same, and here I am, writing in one of those. So, it's a safe page.

Did you try the ASUS web re-seller locator? Try to call the ones you have near-by

Devonmad wrote:
Exactly, the keyboard is different.

Hm. I understand that, but ... most laptops I've had came with the Croatian standard letters painted over the keyboard, and they were always (heh) in the same position, so ... I know where the question mark is, even if it is not stamped on my keyboard. I understand the need to have it in the "right" way, but ... keyboards are a physical thing, right? Depending on the OS used and the local language settings, the letters will be in the same place.

There is another option, which is to have the keyboard replaced once the laptop starts being shipped to Spain. It may cost a bit more, but... de gustibus.

Devonmad wrote:
Moreover the warranty may be only the country, not global. So I asked around, if someone knew something.

ASUS gurus, please correct me if I am wrong, but the warranty is not country oriented, right? If I buy my laptop e.g. in Austria, and reside in Croatia - I still have the international warranty if I register my product online with ASUS? I plan to do exactly that so ... the information would come in handy.

I was looking for in several places, and elcorteingles and pccomponentes directly told me they can't try it. I have just looked up in elejidoshopping and unafortunately they don't have it.

I will try to ask in a re-seller locator but I'm sure they will call ASUS and their answer will be the same they told me. They told me if laptop is not in the official country's web, is because in that moment is not sold in that country.

I understand you told me and i'm agree whit you. I have thought also. But is a whim and an expensive laptop and I would want that laptop would have a spanish keyboard.

Regarding warranty, the Mrs.'s ASUS who notice me, told me that some ASUS's products are limited by the country where you bought it (I thought all the ASUS's laptops had a global warranty until just that moment), for this reason i started to worry about that.

Hi there, it's the same story here in Portugal, there's a lot of online stores with the G752VY in the lists but none has it in stock. I try to get information with those stores and they say that ASUS just gave them the specs and price, but no date of release.

I contacted Asus Portugal and they gave me the same exact answer ""The laptop XXX you are looking for will be coming to Portugal very soon! Stay tuned and check out our page for further details".

uprisetv
Level 7
Posted an UNBOXING and quick initial review for those interested.

Here in Portugal we are having the same exact problem, I have a G752VY ordered since mid November, with the promise from the retailer that in mid December it would arrive, then in December they told me that it would come in mid January, and now that this deadline is long gone, nobody knows for sure! :(:mad:

Come on, how much more do we have to wait... it is not like we want some mid range computer, we are talking here about a high end machine, and a very expensive one! I would have thought that Asus would be more than pleased with our choice, and do its best to make us happy, but it seems only the consumers that buy the cheap stuff are important. 😞

This is making me so frustrated that I have begun my search for an equivalent MSI model, wich is a pity, because I really like the brand, and kind of "fell in love" with th G752VY... but unfortunately, i'm getting no love in return.

A date, just give me a goddamn date and stick to it! :mad::mad::mad: