cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, My G771J LAGS in all games even at low settings and it should not! please help!!

ArtemisWTF
Level 9
Hello all, I am apoligizing if I misplace my post but these must be the right section. First I wanna say I have 8gb ram, grx860m 4gb ddr5 and a ssd 120GB 400mb/s, i7 quad 2.5ghz. So tell me if I am wrong, my laptop should run 7 days to die, the forst, rocket league, league of legends, dragon age inquisition and fallout 4 just fine, right? well beside LOL and rocket league none of these games work not even on LOW SETTINGS, please help me tell me what should I do, thank you a lot!
4 REPLIES 4

BIOHAZARD9519
Level 7
I'm not sure if your model has optimus or not. I looked online and it seems as though it does. If so this is the problem as your laptop is running games on the internal GPU. You will have to go into "Nvidia control panel" (NOT GEFORCE EXPERIANCE) and manually set your game's .exe's to use the dedicated GPU.

Icemixxy
Level 7
lower the resolution. same thing happening with my SO's GL552JX

Aldaraad
Level 7
Didn't someone say that ROG laptops come WITHOUT Optimus by default (gaming machines and all that jazz)?

I did set my all my games to be ran on my Nvidia 4gb ddr5 graphic card (dedicated) and a game like 7 days to die or skyrim, even on low settings has SPIKES of lag/freez from 10 to 10 seconds even less, and when that spikes ocurr the sounds (music, env) of the game are shattered and how can I express my self, they sound like a deejay scratches them....