cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Extreme FAN heders and Other Fan Controllers MAXIMUM Amperage/current

FEAR-40
Level 7
Dear Community ,

I have a Maximus VIII Extreme in my possession ,

And I would like to know the maximum Amperage/ Curent that I can Draw from Each Individual
-FAN ,
-CPU ,
-Pump ,

Header either pulse width modulation (PWM) or the Old regular type ,

Because I have a LOT of Fans , and I would like to know your opinion ,

And what type of Fan Controller is the best , Because there are 2 types .:

1. The one that Simply takes one header of the Motherboard and Just splits it to 2,4,6,8 FAN connectors on a simple PCB with NO external Input from the PSU and all the current is drawn or taken directly from that particular motherboard header

and the Second one .:

2. The one that Does the exact same thing but the Motherboard is Used only as a reference for the Speed of the FANs and All the power is Drawn from the external PSU supply

So I Come Before you to ask ,

What is the Maximum ALLOWED , Over time with no damage to the motherboard Current/Amperage that can be Drawn from the Particular Headers of this magnificent Motherboard , In order to be SAFE !! and What Voltage Drop Can I expect as Normal ?

Thank you In advance

FEAR-40
3 REPLIES 3

Praz
Level 13
Hello

1A max per header.

Chino
Level 15

GotKevlar
Level 7
He isnt talking about going over budget on fan headers like splitting them off to multiple fans?...If so, id not do that. One cooling device per header is acceptable and rated only for that. If you needed more id go with chino's suggestion.