Graphics Card #27970 Ghz edition
    Storage #1Samsung 840
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro Nvme
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Focal Spirit
    Mouse Pad Razer Examat X
    Headset/Speakers Sony A/V STR-DN 850 7.2

did you press the power button 30 sec. while the power cable is unplugged and the battery out ?

if yes , i have no more ideas, sorry

ROG Member Array

I pressed and pressed and pressed, many times, any length of time ...dead !
    Only one green led showing the power is going in.
    Thanks anyway for help
    Maybe another expert has an idea ?

If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset.
    This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly.

To perform a power reset:

*Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
    *Remove the battery

-->Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
    -->Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place and plug in your AC adapter.
    -->Turn on your notebook.

Do you also notice something else than only the LED lights?
    ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
    G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
    GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

Super Moderator Array

Do you have 2 sticks of memory installed and can you try to install 1 at a time in different slots to confirm there isn't a bad memory slot or bad memory stick if you can do this safely? Be sure to remove the battery, unplug the power, and observe anti-static precautions before trying this of course, or let us know if you want more details.
    It may not be worth trying, but you may just want to unplug the hard drive temporarily too while you are testing since you don't need the hard drive to see anything on the screen.

If your battery light comes on while plugged in, try to charge the unit for an hour and turn on by battery power only too if you haven't already.
    Also try to test without the battery and only the AC adapter plugged in as long as you're careful nothing gets near the exposed battery contacts.

If it's easy to plug in an external monitor, that's another thing to check, but not really something expected to make a difference in this case if the system doesn't appear to be booting into Windows.

Good luck!
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 01-20-2016 at 07:14 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

If your battery light comes on while plugged in, try to charge the unit for an hour and turn on by battery power only too if you haven't already.
    Also try to test without the battery and only the AC adapter plugged in as long as you're careful nothing gets near the exposed battery contacts.

Me thought its good to have an 751,because this tip wouldnt help me!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TokoDude View Post
    If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset.
    This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly.

To perform a power reset:

*Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
    *Remove the battery

-->Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
    -->Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place and plug in your AC adapter.
    -->Turn on your notebook.

Do you also notice something else than only the LED lights?
    Did already 5 times.
    Btw the green light for power only if also battery is in.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Do you have 2 sticks of memory installed and can you try to install 1 at a time in different slots to confirm there isn't a bad memory slot or bad memory stick if you can do this safely? Be sure to remove the battery, unplug the power, and observe anti-static precautions before trying this of course, or let us know if you want more details.
    It may not be worth trying, but you may just want to unplug the hard drive temporarily too while you are testing since you don't need the hard drive to see anything on the screen.

If it's easy to plug in an external monitor, that's another thing to check, but not really something expected to make a difference in this case if the system doesn't appear to be booting into Windows.

Good luck!
    So far i do not dare to open it, i am zero good in repairs.
    Please be aware, i am in a sailingboat close to a remote island on anchorage, and cannot move as long my navigation is not working.
    If u like, i would be happy, to give advices in opening , give it in simple words and little steps.
    If u like and u feel strong enough we can do by email, so we do not bother the forum.
    My batterylight is only green when i have battery in and powerplug. If i get out the battery -> no light.
    All my attempts: i cannot hear anything inside, i cannot see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
    Did already 5 times.
    Btw the green light for power only if also battery is in.

Sorry my message has been moved to this topic. ( I reacted as first on your other topic on another forum sector)

If you have no experience with opening and repairing laptops, It's not wise to do it by yourself then.
    But if you want to try it anyway, you need to look at an example video: How To Disambel ASUS ROG GL552J
    You can watch a video of a different model. it is about the same , only the steps are sometimes slightly different and the screws are somewhere else.

Removing your RAM and Harddrive is easy just open your laptop up and fallow these staps:

https://youtu.be/0U69nzbC62M?t=1m34s
    Last edited by TokoDude; 01-21-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
    G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
    GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

Have you tried removing battery and putting power plug back in without batter and then push power button? With power plug in without the battery, what is the status of the LED light indicator? (Trying to isolate a defective battery which shorts out power supply. I you have a volt meter, please try to measure the voltage reading of the battery and then measure also the voltage of the dc out of the ac adaptor. Voltage rading should be greater than rated voltage on the adaptor, and battery voltage should be approximatel equal to the rated battery voltage.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

Could also be that the power adaptor is putting out less voltage than what is needed to charge the battery and power up the laptop.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast