Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552J Rog not starting anymore

Kropotkin
Level 7
Hi guys.
I have a real serious problem.
Situation: i am a sailor and for now on a remote island in Philippines. I use my GL552J for navigation and all my
charts and programs through it. It is 4 months old and normally a nice tool to do all i want. It is with windows 10.
Now i cannot move anymore since it went yesterday into power save mode and did not start anymore.
I had that issue already 2 times before, but then i removed battery and power plug, put battery back and pushed power button
while sticking in power plug and then released button. Then it worked. I changed my settings and could work fine.
Then i was stupid enough to change power management again due to the fact that i had not so much power on the boat.
Then i made a trip yesterday and in mid of the trip the laptop switched off.
Now it seems like dead, only one light, the green led which shows that power is going in.
How can i start it again ?
Excuse my English, i am not native. But please help me, cause I am in a very, very
inconvenient situation.

thanks
Kropotkin
39 REPLIES 39

BVr77
Level 7
have you try to press the power key for quite short time

Thanks for answer.
Yes, i pushed shortly, i pushed long time 1 minute, 30 sec, no result

Kropotkin
Level 7
Hi guys.
I have a real serious problem.
Situation: i am a sailor and for now on a remote island in Philippines. I use my GL552J for navigation and all my
charts and programs through it. It is 4 months old and normally a nice tool to do all i want. It is with windows 10.
Now i cannot move anymore since it went yesterday into power save mode and did not start anymore.
I had that issue already 2 times before, but then i removed battery and power plug, put battery back and pushed power button
while sticking in power plug and then released button. Then it worked. I changed my settings and could work fine.
Then i was stupid enough to change power management again due to the fact that i had not so much power on the boat.
Then i made a trip yesterday and in mid of the trip the laptop switched off.
Now it seems like dead, only one light, the green led which shows that power is going in.
How can i start it again ?
Excuse my English, i am not native. But please help me, cause I am in a very, very
inconvenient situation.

thanks
Kropotkin
(Admin: if u do consider this as doubleposting, please keep one, thanks!) its only that i need urgently a help

If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset.
This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly.

To perform a power reset:

*Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
*Remove the battery

-->Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
-->Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place and plug in your AC adapter.
-->Turn on your notebook.

Do you also notice something else than only the LED lights?
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

TokoDude wrote:
If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset.
This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly.

To perform a power reset:

*Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
*Remove the battery

-->Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
-->Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place and plug in your AC adapter.
-->Turn on your notebook.

Do you also notice something else than only the LED lights?

Did already 5 times.
Btw the green light for power only if also battery is in.

Kropotkin wrote:
Did already 5 times.
Btw the green light for power only if also battery is in.

Sorry my message has been moved to this topic. ( I reacted as first on your other topic on another forum sector)

If you have no experience with opening and repairing laptops, It's not wise to do it by yourself then.
But if you want to try it anyway, you need to look at an example video: How To Disambel ASUS ROG GL552J
You can watch a video of a different model. it is about the same , only the steps are sometimes slightly different and the screws are somewhere else.

Removing your RAM and Harddrive is easy just open your laptop up and fallow these staps:

https://youtu.be/0U69nzbC62M?t=1m34s
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

BVr77
Level 7
and "fn" key + "f1" key ?

I pushed many buttons, just to try....
what to do with that fn + f1 ?
pushing same time with power button ?

BVr77
Level 7
fn+f1 is used to wake up the laptop in hibernate or deep sleep mode