cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The hunt for ROG Certified Parts (Third party)

Veovis
Level 10
Hello all!

I live in the United States and I'm trying to find out where I can buy specific ROG certified parts that have been announced. However, trying to find a place that sells the items I'm looking for is proving to be next to impossible. Even when using the Were to buy links from both Asus, ROG and the third party that produces the products (I've already conversed with chat staff and sent emails). What I'm currently looking to do is change the case for my current ITX build.

The Current build:
Intel i7 4770k
Rog Maximus Impact IV
Rog 760 MARS
Coolermaster Slient Pro m2 620w
Coolermaster Elite 130
G Skill 16gb (8gb X2) 1866 DDR3 ram

The parts I'm looking for:
Lian-Li PC-Q17 Itx case (Rog Certified)
AVEXIR Raiden Tesla Red (8gb x2) DDR4 Ram (Rog Certified) [this is for a future build, I'm planning on doing a full upgrade that'll utilize this ram with the Maximus IX Impact, or next Mars card, whichever comes first]
ROG Certified inwin H-Tower (I know this thing is super expensive, the titanium version is estimated at around 2400USD from newegg)

I'm just trying to find credible listings, currently as my current use of Google-fu has only turned up the Lian Li case at around 174 USD from an internet supplier and it's back ordered.

Also suggestions for quieter PSU's would be appreciated. I like to try and make my builds as quiet as possible so it doesn't sound like a jet engine taking off.

Thanks!
-Veovis
10 REPLIES 10

kkn
Level 14
the larger the PSU is, the less the fan will spin, and less load you will put on the PSU.

Vlada011
Level 10
Did you saw new ASUS G20...

https://youtu.be/rBwapJWWFP0

Look amazing and new hardware is very good, i7-6700 and GTX980 is possible to work there.
No space for overclocking but performance are more than enough and power consumption is really low for such performance.
I notice Avexir Red Tesla as well as fantastic memory for ROG Configuration, If someone build whole PC and if someone want case as GT51 to change later.
You should check new Seasonic Titanium PSU 650 and 750W, Prime Series.
I wound not pay so much money for new In Win case, OK I say it's most advanced case ever build and really cost lot to be build but there are nice Lian-Li aluminum cases, Wall Mountable Chassis, PC V359, and other smaller cases, or one of nicest PC cases for me at the moment for bigger configuration PC-X510... No need to someone pay same as for hardware only for PC case except if money is really really not problem and if someone don't care how much cost.

This is Lian-Li PC-O5S, nicer than Lian-Li PC-Q17...
ROG Configuration build inside could be very very powerful...

For Mini ITX, Impact I would choose that case model probably.
And there are several place for nice ROG Logo to be made and installed.
Simply because details are much better and more visable...
You can install Poseidon GPU inside and 240mm radiator with EKWB Monoblock on Maximus VIII Impact.
Only PSU Could be problem, but Silverstone SFX Gold 600W could cover i7-6700K and 980 or 980Ti Poseidon.

Excellent option is because that SFX Silverstone have available 100% flat ribbon PSU Cables and management will be fantastic...

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=524&area=en

What you say... hmmm I give you my best tips for PC builds.

@Kkn: Thanks for the information. However, using the PC-Q17 kinda restricts my options on how physically big a supply (and fan) would be able to get.

@Vlada011:
Just to clarify, I'm looking at a side-upgrade to the parts I already have and am not looking at doing a completely new system just yet. (I'm holding out for the next batch of 6th generation chips [i7 6960x, timing wise, or 7th gen] and the next gen [Geforce 10xx series or mars])

While the PC-O5S is nice, I'm dead set on the PC-Q17. Mostly because of the layout and the big ROG logo under the display. The PC-O5S displays the graphics card from the top which would show off the fans of the Current MARS 760 that I have (which out performs the 970 they show in the video and is on par with the current 980ti give or take 5 fps) but not the glowing LED side panel, and it would cover the HD in a PC-05S case.

Also I'm using 2 full desktop internal drives and an SSD and am not on a pure SSD system, so I need a case design that will accept that.

As for airflow? I'm currently using a Sideon 120XL which is a close loop water cooler for the CPU. So the PC-05S may not work with that in mind (big tubes and no where to place them unless I do some custom piping.)

The suggestion for the Seasonic Line is appreciated. I will look into that as quiet and efficient is what I am looking for since my old CM one is getting noisy due to build up of dust in areas I can't clean.

Vlada011
Level 10
You could make own ROG logo with little efforts only and Wall Mounted Case could be similar.
Only Lian-Li done that instead of you...
Dual GTX760 is similar as overclocked GTX780Ti but GM204 - Maxwell is premium model of newer architecture and stronger than Dual Mars GTX760. OK not premium, TITAN X is premium, but very similar,
difference is very small 10-15%.
You can't compare Kepler with Maxwell, special not two mid range Kepler with best chip from Maxwell class.
GTX760 Dual was similar as GK110. But this is new architecture with 80% more performance.
TITAN X is almost as Dual GK110, not almost, performance as TITAN Black SLI.

@Vlada011
Adding the ROG manually is not something I'm looking at, nor the idea of having a wall mounted case. I choose ITX for pick up and portability. As for the Logo? I have a bad history with power-tools (Rotary cutter and/or paint) and applying "art." I prefer the machine precision used in the production of a certified product over my own current skills.

In my experience and from what I've seen the difference in performance with the 980TI's and the Mars760 is a difference on the average FPS when it comes to 4K gaming. On the games I'm playing: Mad Max, Warframe, and Rocket league. The Mars gets an average around 48 (Once triple buffering is enabled). The 980ti gets about 53-54. (I'm guessing at default. Who knows what happens when triple buffering is enabled)

But that's besides the point, at least as far as the subject of this thread is concerned. What I mean to say is I'm currently happy with my Mars card and I don't feel the urge to shell out approx 700-900USD for a 20-30% performance increase. I'd rather wait, currently, for the Pascal Chipset and possibly the next MARS to come out.

Edit:
Lian Li got back to me with their email stating that they are currently unable to sell the PC-Q17 in the United States. So current option is Ebay for 210-260$ (not counting shipping cost) from Italy

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS GTX980Ti Matrix Platinum cost 710$ on Amazon and its 100% stronger than Mars 760, that mean double....
GTX760 4way SLI is weaker than GTX980Ti Matrix Platinum...
That's card around 20% stronger than reference GTX980Ti, around 10% stronger than TITAN X.

Vlada011 wrote:
ASUS GTX980Ti Matrix Platinum cost 710$ on Amazon and its 100% stronger than Mars 760, that mean double....
That's card around 20% stronger than reference GTX980Ti, around 10% stronger than TITAN X.

I'm inclined to disagree with your claims there. Lets start with the first one:

Vlada011 wrote:
ASUS GTX980Ti Matrix Platinum cost 710$ on Amazon-

Uh where? Cause Amazon.com only lists the GTX980 Matrix. However, for reference, the Platinum is 719.99 at Newegg. But wait there's shipping and tax. which makes it more around... 780-790$

Vlada011 wrote:
-and its 100% stronger than Mars 760, that mean double....

Wait where are you getting those numbers? Is it because The GTX980TI has 6GB memory compared to the Mars's 4GB? Or Because it has a slightly higher clock speed? Or maybe its the 50% higher render output? Or perhaps the 2816 shader units compared to the 2470 on the Mars?

All these increases range from 30-50% Not 100%, and it certainly isn't physically double.

Vlada011 wrote:

That could be true. Since a stock GTX980TI is approximately 234% more powerful than a GTX760 stock at best IF my rough estimate is right. SLI has a decrease in returns with every card added, throwing on another card gives about 80% more performance than the previous. And at best the GTX980TI is 15-30% better than a mars. So 30% more of 180% (760 SLI) Is 234%

BUT if the MATRIX GTX980TI is 20% better than that then it's value is 280.8% higher than the GTX760 stock. Which means that it's only 55.56% than the MARS.

And its a moot point as far as I'm concerned.

I fail to see how this is relevant as I'm talking about the Mars and using an ITX build. I guess you're trying to justify me not spending 400$ on a second mars for SLI that I can't do because I'm using ITX.

Vlada011 wrote:

20% stronger than a refrence 980TI. That's Nvidia's stock card. The Titan X That has 12 GB ram compared to the GTX980Ti's and 3012 shader units, a slower clock speed and relatively the same chip.

And you're saying that it's 10% better?
How?

Is it because a card that performs lower than a TITAN X that performs 20% better than its peer is magically makes it 10% better than a card with double the Ram?

But lets say if that were true then the claims you're saying make sense.
The mars performs 7% better than a Titan Black (It says titan in the advertising but after looking at the tests, the results showed it compared to the Black)
The matrix 980TI performs 10% better than a Titan X

And if the Titan X is double the power of the Titan Black (or Titan)

Then the Matrix must be twice the power of the Mars!

But nowhere does it say the Titan X is double the power of a Titan black (or Titan). A Titan X is about 20-30% (physically) better with double the ram.

Postings of frame rates (Guru3d) and performance does not show the Matrix 980TI giving DOUBLE the results of the mars. Usually 15-30% performance increases in gaming. And even if it was 55% better I still wouldn't buy it knowing that Pascal is coming up next year.

And I can't justify spending 700-900$ (depending on the site that sells it) on that increase margin knowing that something better is going to arrive.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Now back to topic, has anyone figured out if the AVEXIR Raiden Tesla Red is available for sale? And if so, where?

Korth
Level 14
I think assertions like "twice the performance" and such are based not on processing, memory, speed, or power - not even the synergy of all these things multiplying each other - but on the values spit out by benchmarking softwares. This card got double the score of that card, it stands twice as tall on an NVIDIA performance graph. It's what all the marketing says, what all the reviewers parrot. Other scoring methods are less arbitrary, lol.

Veovis wrote:
ROG Certified inwin H-Tower (I know this thing is super expensive, the titanium version is estimated at around 2400USD from newegg)

This one? A ROG-themed variant of this product? They call it titanium, they price it gold, they make it aluminum. You know you could buy a dozen Lian Li cases (and some toy Transformers armed with toy lasers) for the same price, lol, I can't imagine they'll sell very many units.

Veovis wrote:
Also suggestions for quieter PSU's would be appreciated. I like to try and make my builds as quiet as possible so it doesn't sound like a jet engine taking off.

You might be able to buy these PSU products in your area. They are reasonably powerful, a little pricey, and indeed very quiet.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

@Korth

Thanks! I'll keep those PSU's in mind. I agree holding on to 2.4K is better. I could probably build the internals of a dream machine with it instead of buying that outer casing.

Depending on what the power requirements are in Pascal. I'll lean towards the requirements somewhere around the Dark Power Pro 650W (164USD). Thanks for the suggestion.