cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Win7 Trackpad Issue, stops responding whenever there is any media playing?

Cantorie
Level 7
On Windows 7:
Trackpad works flawlessly, however, whenever there is any media playing, such as youtube, vlc, netflix, etc, the trackpad stops responding. It will, however, be able to right/left click, but will not move.
I've reinstalled the synaptics driver; I've tried the Win 7/8/10 driver and nothing has worked.
Also, https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73304-G75VW-Touchpad-problem-Windows-10 has not worked either.
7 REPLIES 7

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Most likely damaged ribbon cable or it got loose. Did you ever accidentally drop your laptop or hit it hard against anything? One of my clients dropped his laptop down the stairs and the trackpad stopped working but everything else worked fine. He sent it back for RMA and was told that the ribbon cable was damaged.

However yours is only when media is playing then it's probably some type of software or driver conflict. Try to use system restore back to a point where it was still working.

It all started when I reverted back from Windows 10. I just have to use an keyboard shortcuts to it's tolerable to a point.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Try uninstalling all the bloatware and doing a clean sweep of all the drivers using something like driver sweeper then reinstall only the needed drivers and make sure they're the newest drivers.

I did a reformat when I went back to Windows 7 and got the drivers from Asus' support page. Unless there is a better program, I used Revo Unistaller to slim it all down. I believe I'm just going to chalk it up to the endless list of G-Series issues.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Did you at least try contacting their customer support? Maybe it's a defect with your unit because I don't hear others complaining about this issue.

I already contacted them and got the usual send it in response. So yeah.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
I guess you have no other choice? 😕