cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751jy Intel Ac 7260 Ac slow wifi speed+problems (Windows 10)

Setoku
Level 8
Has anyone been having problems with the wifi if anyone has a solution for the g751jy wireless on windows 10 build 1511 (10586.63)
Now the problems I'm getting are I'm capped at around 500-600KB/s for anything i download steam, apps ect, The other problem im having is If i turn on airplane mode and turn it back off the wireless wont turn back on or sometimes it will but it will freeze at connecting and just basically crash windows 10 the task manager will freeze and everything just comes unresponsive and if you restart it wont you have to hit the power button.
Another way to cause a crash is to connect to another wifi ssid it should crash

My driver version is 18.32.0.5 I think its the latest
I've tired the following drivers:

Even after all those i still get this problem
If you not having this problem can you tell me your version and build of windows 10 and driver version aswell
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Searched and found a link regarding internet speed issue with the G751jy.

http://driveros.com/index/asus-g751jy/asus-rog-g751jy-fix-low-internet-speed-youtube-facebook-loadin...

I was going to recommend the same thing which is to uninstall all the drivers, do a clean driver and registry sweep then reinstall the newest drivers. Give it a try and if you're still having issues then you can contact ASUS support and see if you need to RMA your laptop.

Setoku
Level 8
Thanks i should of waiting and tried that but 've been trying to fix it for a few days now so i just ended up formatting im now on windows 10 build 10240
and my wireless driver is : 17.15.0.5 this one seems the most stable now im getting a full 20MB/s without any dropout at all or slowdown 🙂
Also hitting airplane mode does not kill my wifi till a force restart so things are looking much better now
Is anyone at build 1511 with any problems at all?

Dreamonic
Level 12
I am and no problems now. I'm using v18.21.0.2 driver.

Mine is running great (finally) due to an issue with the router/modem combo I was using. It had to be bridged.

It also is worth a mention that you can even download an app in the Play Store called "WiFi Analyzer" and scan how many people in a given area is using the same channel and frequency for the band you are using (overlapping) which then you can adjust accordingly in your routers settings. This alone can help improve your latency and signal strength.

joro_abv
Level 7
18.32.0.5 is slow. I used it for a few days and it prooves to connect at speeds times slower than the older 18.21 and 18.20 ... I reverted to 18.20 actually and it runs fine again.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I, as always use the latest 18.32.0.5 even though I'm getting a crappy connection speed of 866.7 Mbps from about 75 ft through 3 walls and 2 stories of flooring to an ASUS RT-AC68R

Then further proving is useless performance the transfer speeds from inside my network are completely deplorable! Can you believe the performance is so bad that it limited the speed of a USB connected 5400rpm drive to this!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

joro_abv
Level 7
@JustinThyme Instead of trying to be funny (with zero success), I'd rather recommend you to share your valuable experience, if you have any.
By now I tried several ways to install 18.32.0.5 (incl. total driver cleanup) and the result is always 144Mbps 2 meters away from my AC56U.
As soon as I revert to 18.20 or 18.21 - I get back to 866.7Mbps immediately. So, it is nice to have good speeds with the latest driver,
but unless you have some idea about how it happened, this thread is not for you.

joro_abv wrote:
@JustinThyme Instead of trying to be funny (with zero success), I'd rather recommend you to share your valuable experience, if you have any.

Setoku wrote:
G751jy Intel Ac 7260 Ac slow wifi speed+problems (Windows 10)

Dear @joro_abv and @Setoku
There should NOT be a new thread about it in the 1s place !
How many times a "veteran ROG" user need to see the same following request, which is logical, reasonable, and fair ?!
Gps3dx wrote:
Hello there new ROG citizen,
Please note that your PipBoy (aka: your PC) is one of the newest model out there...
nonetheless - it might hold in its archives (aka: this sub-forum) answers to similar question that you might arise.

We @Vault-Tec, wish to remind you that no matter which PipBoy version you hold, the minute you have entered ROG country (aka: this forum), you're able to SEARCH FOR ANYTHING using your own private PipBoy (aka: your PC) ... and it's really simple !
Just look at the right upper corner of your PipBoy, then enter your query in the "Search" field, Hit enter and viola!

You might ask your self - "why should I bother" ?
Well, leaving a reply in an already opened thread, with same/similar topic, can help the ROG community by having ONE THREAD that debates same subject, instead of many many others.
That way, the ROG community will have a "library of knowledge" on same topic - IN ONE PLACE.

For the same of my sanity - PLEASE RUN A SEARCH FOR "7260" in this sub-forum and you'll see the following ALREADY OPENED THREADS:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61182-Intel-s-Wireless-Adapter-7260-Troubleshooting-Ping-I...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71453-Here-is-a-list-of-common-G751-problems-and-their-sol...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57190-G751-WLAN-Heavy-Lags-Rubberbanding&highlight=7260
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74573-G751JY-Intel-AC-7260-Issues-Replacement-Card&highlig...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55158-G751-AC-WLAN-only-at-7-MB-per-sec!&highlight=7260
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?77253-G751JT-Internet-Lag-in-all-games&highlight=7260

Why is it that hard to reply in an ALREADY OPENED THREAD WITH SAME TOPIC ?!
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

joro_abv wrote:
By now I tried several ways to install 18.32.0.5 (incl. total driver cleanup) and the result is always 144Mbps 2 meters away from my AC56U.
As soon as I revert to 18.20 or 18.21 - I get back to 866.7Mbps immediately. So, it is nice to have good speeds with the latest driver,
but unless you have some idea about how it happened, this thread is not for you.

@joro_abv
instead of being non descriptive and saying drivers are slow and not posting up screenshots showing such with 100% success how about post up what you are running and what your problems are with pictures so others can look to see what may be wrong with your configuration. (tech forum unspoken rule, pictures or it didn't happen).

From my post its 100% conclusive that 18.32.0.5 drivers are not an issue, funny or not.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I have an intel 7265 wifi card that was intermittently disconnecting. I rolled back the driver to an earlier version and made these changes to the settings:

http://communities.intel.com/message/283535#283535

Those settings changes ended the problems with disconnections. Rolling back the driver ended the problem with blue screen errors.

Hope this helps.