cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY with NVidia Geforce 980M Performance Issues

hordelover
Level 7
Today I got my new Laptop (ASUS G752VY-DH78K), system specs are in my profile. Anyway, I did a benchmark with 3DMark and I was very disappointed. For a top-of-the-line gaming laptop with all the best specs, how can I be getting such bad performance?

Here's the test results: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10389101
48 REPLIES 48

dookooo
Level 7
I think maybe because most of the results was from SLI GTX 980M , and your model have just 1 Card , so it make sense and i think your laptop is very good compared with the SLI GTX980 .

Than's my opinion , maybe i am wrong .

JustinThyme
Level 13
Firstly don't expect much different of other 980m based machines. At this point I don't think the 8GB of VRAM is going to make a hill of beans as its just not being used. Some of these scores are expected, others a bit on the low side. How do you have NVIDIA control panel settings set up? This in itself can make a huge difference in benchmark scores.

Personally I don't pay much attention to those benches. I watch actual performance and tweak settings to suit my preferences. You can tweak it out to maximize 3D mark scores or to meet a happy medium of performance and quality. Fast is t worth a hoot if it looks like crap!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

hordelover
Level 7
Everything is set t defaults. I haven't messed with anything. I would think I could at least see a solid 60FPS on 1080p with no issues.
What can I change in the Nvidia control panel to overclock or get more FPS?

Hi,

in some tests it's really slow, like skydiver. I had 20000 pts with G751JT 970M. I got the new Acer Predator G9 now, 980M, 4GB.
I loose 500pts in firestrike if Shoadowplay enabled. And if Battery goes under 30% and is charging, it looses about 10% of it's performance..

Jlieu
Level 7
Your unit suspected to be faulty. Please RMA or return it asap.

Your unit should be :
GTX980M 8GBGDDR5 , I7-6820HK

NOT GTX980M 5GB GDDR5, suspecting some memory module is damaged.

hordelover
Level 7
It was a mis-print. I fixed my signature. thanks.

How you can not get 60 FPS !!!! .. on what game exactly !!

JustinThyme
Level 13
You won't get an overclock out of the control panel but there are a lot of settings. Like unsaid for every tweak to make it faster to lose the quality. Has to be a balance for me. Who wants lightning fast jagged lines with artifacts. You might want to just do a search on setting that up for better scores. One could write a book on all the settings and I'm pretty sure if you look they already have at least 1000 times or more.

Like I said it's not all about a tweaked out 3D Mark score. Too much cash to lay out for for that IMO.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

hordelover
Level 7
Minecraft was going from 3fps to 60fps in seconds but usually stayed low. My last PC (G75VW) would stay consistent at 60+fps