cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift PG279Q ULMB??

Cryowolf
Level 7
Hey guys loving the monitor so far my only little problem is getting ULMB to work...

Now i'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong or right but i set the monitor to 120hz, turn g-sync off, then ulmb becomes available in the menu, when i turn it on the screen darkens ( perfectly normal ), soon as i leave the menu the screen turns off, and only comes back on when i press any of the menu buttons, soon as i exit the menu, screen goes off again...bit frustrating is there something im not doing or is this a fault?
15 REPLIES 15

Cryowolf
Level 7
Not that anyone replied but i'd thought i'd say I've sorted the problem 🙂

McHero
Level 7
What's the solution? Thanks for sharing.

Turned the monitor off and on again...not sure why that needs to be done but it works 😛

I have been wanting to reply earlier, but had to wait a couple of days to be able to post.

I have had this same issue with 2 of these monitors (the first also had an issue with the base light so was sent back), and since I haven't seen anyone else but you mention this I started to wonder if it was not an issue with the monitors, but my setup, unless I am just incredibly unlucky to get a rare problem with 2 monitors in a row.

I managed to grab hold of another graphics card, my card is a Zotac GTX780 and I borrowed an Asus GTX670, and had the same problem with the screen going dark with ULMB enabled. At the weekend I plan to take the monitor to hook up to a friends PC and see if it is perhaps a software issue on my PC.

When you say you fixed it by turning the monitor off and on again, did this permanently fix it for you? In my experience this only worked if the DisplayPort Deep Sleep function was enabled (which I prefer to have switched off), and then if you open and close the OSD the screen goes dark again, so it only seems like a temporary workaround.

I created a video showing the problem : https://youtu.be/-iOFk9HaPr8

Kotronas
Level 9
Did you try after adjusting the ulmb hz pressing the joystick to confirm it and apply it? Because using the left on joystick it goes back and not confirms the changes. The ulmb may be active but not set it right.

Haven't try it yet using gsync always. But the OC to 165 is so.
Pressing OC
Adjusting hz to let's say 165
Must press the joystick to confirm.
Monitor restarts with new hz
System finds the new settings of the monitor and adjusts the gpu and other settings.

Hope it is that only

Yep, I pressed the joystick to enable ULMB. You can see in the video where the ULMB checkbox is ticked and the screen dims as ULMB is enabled (which is confirmed by the text at the top right of the OSD). The monitor doesn't need to restart to enable ULMB, like it does to change the top refresh rate from 144 to 150+

Kotronas
Level 9
I was refering to hz and pressing the joystick to confirm the ulmb hz.
As I said haven't tried ulmb on the monitor yet, if I don't forget it I will do it after work.
But as for the OC even you enable OC as marked if you don't confirm the hz with the joystick you don't get a working OC.
Press ulmb
Then go to the pulse ulmb choose the hz
Then confirm with pressing the joystick. Using left instead is as going back/cancel.

Try it you don't have something to lose.

Yeah but the monitor is already set to 120hz before I enable ULMB, the hz setting doesn't change from that. So there is nothing to confirm in that regard 🙂

Kotronas
Level 9
Pulse width not hz sorry