cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751J Battery not charging and sudden shutdowns

Elharawy
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I have had MY ROG G 751J for almost 14 months now, it was acting great.
2 days ago i have noticed that my battery is stuck at 0% although indicating that its plugged in and charging (attached image)
then the laptop suddenly shutdown completely. I re-opened the laptop worked fine till after i logged into the Windows then it shut down again, kept on repeating the same process 6 - 8 times unfortunately same result.

I restated the laptop and signed in with the safe mode ( works fine ) i backed up my recent data and restored the windows back to factory settings and installed all drivers and updates, after restoration it worked fine, yet with the same battery problem. then i turned it off and went out, 5 hours later i came back home tried to use the laptop, but the same issue happened again .

The battery ins't charging ( laptop on and off)

I am not quite sure what might be the problem , so if any one could help that would be great. Thank you

[Update]

The laptop doesn't shutdown anymore, yet the battery LED blinks orange and the battery status changed to " 0% plugged in NOT charging" Does it mean a dead battery?
19 REPLIES 19

JustinThyme
Level 13
Try this
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82162-G751JY-Blinking-Battery-LED-Solved&p=566460&viewfull...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks a lot mate, Unfortunately that didn't work.

I've been having the same EXACT issue. I've tried the weird fixed people said like reinstalling drivers and resetting bios things. Nothing works this has been an issue for me for months, laptop has been shelved because of it. Please update if you find a fix.

SoapTurtle
Level 7
Just adding my experience here. I had the same problem and ended up just filling out an RMA and sending it to asus. Turns out it was a defective battery and they fixed it within 2 weeks
If the laptop is still under warranty you could fill out an RMA request. But honestly nothings going to fix it. If i may ask do you constantly unplug your laptop?

warryabel
Level 7
here is my experience... exact after 12 months and 3 days my battery its gonna dead...orange blinking the whole time only when hard reset it goes green for few our and then orange again.
the remaining time is 10 hours(wow) but stucked on it(96%) and not goes down before the maschiene shut of instantly.
rma in germany said sorry only one year warranty for battery. when maschiene is burning down and its caused by battery than **** happens or what?
one more question is it 1 or 2 on picture,i mean which should install?56490

warryabel
Level 7
Elharawy wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have had MY ROG G 751J for almost 14 months now, it was acting great.
2 days ago i have noticed that my battery is stuck at 0% although indicating that its plugged in and charging (attached image)
then the laptop suddenly shutdown completely. I re-opened the laptop worked fine till after i logged into the Windows then it shut down again, kept on repeating the same process 6 - 8 times unfortunately same result.

I restated the laptop and signed in with the safe mode ( works fine ) i backed up my recent data and restored the windows back to factory settings and installed all drivers and updates, after restoration it worked fine, yet with the same battery problem. then i turned it off and went out, 5 hours later i came back home tried to use the laptop, but the same issue happened again .

The battery ins't charging ( laptop on and off)

I am not quite sure what might be the problem , so if any one could help that would be great. Thank you

[Update]

The laptop doesn't shutdown anymore, yet the battery LED blinks orange and the battery status changed to " 0% plugged in NOT charging" Does it mean a dead battery?

how old is your laptop? my bet,about one year?

Same problem for me also..
Any solution..
12- 14 months passed and warranty is exhausted.

Please help....

warryabel
Level 7
the only is...new!

Hey there,

If anyone is still checking this thread, I have a solution. Also, I'm kinda' new here, not sure how fond people are of opening laptops and so on.

So, I had this problem, and I solved it by removing the battery. You have to get to the point where you remove the monitor and the keyboard and ideally you have to remove the motherboard from the casing as well. I didn't bother removing the motherboard from the casing. You see, you can unscrew the battery, and it's small enough to pull out, but it's got these "feet" sticking out, making it "too biig". If you cut off these feet (they're just plastic), then you can remove the battery.

Warning! I would not recommend you removing the battery if this is your first time opening a laptop, I've been fixing laptops since my late teens.

Aight, cheers! And good luck 😃

Ash