cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V issues

Nycgrip
Level 7
Have the rampage v with 5820k, 16g corsair dominator 2133mhz ram, 2- evga 980ti hybrids. I was adding fans to the gpus for push pull and noticed they weren't spinning, while messing around with them I had unplugged the fan cable to the cpu cooler a corsair aio watercooler but didn't notice till I rebooted. On reboot it halts boot with the message cpu fan unplugged, so plug it back in then tried to turn on the computer but nothing. So much nothing I thought it was my psu, but self tested it and seems to work. So back to the mother board, power switch does nothing, only lights on it are the rog light doing its slow fade in and out and double zeros on the troubleshooting display, no other lights, especially no bios lights, like when you switch the bios and not the other Amber light either that's by the cpu fan ports. I've taken out the bios battery, hit the bios reset in the back and flipped the ln2 toggle( not sure the word at the moment) and nothing, so if anyone got any ideas? Excuse and spelling sent from phone.
10 REPLIES 10

Minsekt
Level 7
tried to flash the bios again via usb flashback?

I can't even get power to the board to get it turned on, can't flash the bios as far as I know in that state, I'm wondering if I somehow fried the mb.

Qwinn
Level 11
"I can't even get power to the board to get it turned on, can't flash the bios as far as I know in that state."

You can. It's one of the best features of this board. See page 2-14 of the manual. You will need to prepare a USB flash drive on another computer though. I'd say press the Clear CMOS button first but sounds like you already did that.

Vlada011
Level 10
Give him video to understand better how to rename BIOS file and flash BIOS on ASUS motherboards even without GPU, CPU, memory,...
ASUS USB BIOS Flashback

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

https://youtu.be/gKGCwull7Qc

Will give this a shot when I get home, thanks.

Rampage extreme v
Intel 5820k w/ corsair h100i aio water cooler
16g 4x4 corsair dominator 2133mhz cas10
2- evga 980ti hybrids
2- 256gb Samsung 850 pro ssd
2- 512gb Samsung 850 pro ssd
Corsair ax 1200i power supply
Corsair k95 rgb keyboard
Corsair m65 fps mouse
Lg bt30n blue ray burner
Lian li dk-02 desk case
8- Noctua SSO2 NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM case fans
2- Noctua SSO2 NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM on the corsair cpu cooler
4- Noctua SSO2 NF-F12 iPPC 2000 in push pull configuration 2 on each gpu radiators
Acer xb280hk 4K monitor
Pretty sure that covers it

Chino
Level 15
I'd remove the motherboard from the case and put it on the cardboard box and test the system with the bare minimum.

Nycgrip
Level 7
I TRIED THE FLASHBACK BUT DIDNT WORK. oops. i formatted card ntfs, downloaded the latest bios, extracted it with winrar, copied it to the sd card and renamed it R5E.CAP. in the video i show the 24pin, and 8pin power plugged in the board and nothing else. turn on psu and show that only the rog light lights up. have sd card in a reader and plug that into the flashback bios slot and hit the flashback button and nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNd1h2IopKs&feature=youtu.be