Time: 98.813
Encoding: 142741
Time: 83.984
OpenCL: 175495
KSamples/sec: 4835
Heavy Multitasking: 137701
Time: 71.023

System Score: 100592

All my other scores are competitive with the best leaderboard scores, but my Image Editing score is downright atrocious. I constantly see people getting 125000 or more on worse systems. If I follow all the tips about improving performance in Realbench (i.e. diagnostic mode, turn explorer off, run it in priority, run it at 800x600) I can barely get it to around 111,000. Anyone have any ideas? I do notice that the vast bulk of my 95+ seconds running Image Editing is spent on "Blurring" the images. Everything else zips along, but blurring seems to take comparatively forever.
3 REPLIES 3

Qwinn
Level 11
Here, just as an example, pulled mostly at random from the Leaderboard:

http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=6538

Same 5930k processor, likewise OC'd to 4.4 Ghz, both our memorys to 2666 but with me having better timings. I beat him readily in all 3 other scores. Yet his image editing score is almost 50% better than mine. What gives?

Qwinn
Level 11
Hmm, well, I've discovered part of the problem. I was running in balanced power plan, and I am configured for adaptive voltage. Changing to high performance lifts my base image editing score to around 116000. That's WAY better, but I'm clearly still missing something for another 10,000 points.

Interestingly, the power plan setting seems to have no effect at all on the other 3 scores. I suppose that's because it's either working the GPU's, or all cores. I guess a single threaded application isn't sufficient to cause the processor to go into full turbo mode on balanced power plan.

Menthol
Level 14
Qwinn,
several things that can increase that score
disable as many windows process's as possible, anti-virus,windows firewall, etc.
run realbench at low desktop resolution
select only image editing, run it only 2 or 3 times in a row then check the all boxes and run the whole benchmark