cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5820K Overclock settings look right?

smokeintheeye
Level 11
Hello hope yous can all help me out a bit. iv spent most of the day overclocking my 5820-k to 4.6Ghz. Just want to know if my settings look ok for 4.6ghz for 24/7 use. plus i want to know what settings i need to make, so that the CPU VCore will drop back down to 0.0000 Vcore when the pc is not doing anything from 1.2650

Bios - 1902 (stock)
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
MoBo - Rampage V Extreme 3.1vr
CPU - I7 5820-k
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB - 32GB - 2133MHZ -CMK32GX4M4A2133C13
PSU - 1000W Corsair HX1000i High Performance 80+ Platinum Digital Power Supply
GPU - MSI R9-290 Gaming - OC 1100/1375

Bios Setting so far......

AI Overclock Tuner. = Manual.

CPU Strap.= 100MHZ.

Source Clock Tuner. = Auto.

PLL Selection. = Auto.

Filter PLL. = Auto.

BCLK Frequency. = 100.0.

Initial BCLK Frequency. = Auto.

ASUS MultiCore Enhancement. = Auto. (what is this best set to?)

CPU Core Ratio. = Sync all Cores.

Cpu Ratio Limit. = Cores 1 to 6 = 46.

Min. CPU Cashe Ratio. = Auto. (will this be better set to 46?)

Max. CPU Cashe Ratio. =

Internal PPL Overvoltage. = Auto.

BCLK Frequency : DRAM Frequency Ratio. = Auto.

DRAM Frequency. = DDR4-2133MHz

Xtreme Tweaking. = Enabled.

CPU Level Up. = Auto. ( How dose this work and whats it best set to? )

EPU Power Saving Mode. = Disabled.

DRAM TIMING CONTROL (keep this short)

Rampage Tweak - Mode 1 ( whats the best mode to use? )

im using 13,15,15,28,T2

everything els is left on Auto.

EXTREME TWEAKER\EXTERNAL DIGI+ POWER CONTROL

CPU Input Boot Voltage. = Auto.

CPU Load-line Calibration. =
Level 7.

CPU VRM Switching Frequency. = Manual.

Fixed CPU VRM Switching Frequency(khx). =

CPU Power Phase Control. =
Optimized. ( whats the best one to use? )

CPU Power Duty Control. =
T.Probe.

CPU Current Capability. = 100%

CPU Power Thermal Control. = 115.

DRAM Current Capability (CHA,CHB). =
100%

DRAM Current Capability (CHC,CHD). =
100%

DRAM Switching Frequency (CHA,CHB). =
Manuel.

Fixed DRAM -AB Switching Frequency(KHz). =

DRAM Switching Frequency(CHC,CHD). = Manuel.

Fixed DRAM -CD Switching Frequency(KHz). = 800.

DRAM Power Phase Control(CHA, CHB). =
Optimized.

DRAM Power Phase Control(CHC, CHD). = Optimized.

POWER SETTING.

Full Manual Mode. =
Enabled.

CPU Core Voltage. = 1.262500 ( dose this look to high for 4.6GHz?)

CPU Cashe Voltage. = 1.35000v ( Dose this look right for a Max cashe of 46? )

CPU System Voltage. = Auto. - but shows 0.848v ( what is this best set to? )

CPU SVID Support. = Disabled. ( whats this best set to? )

CPU Input Voltage. = 1.840 ( is this ok for 4.6 GHz? )

DRAM SVID Support. = Disabled. ( whats this best set to? )

DRAM Voltage(CHA, CHB). = 1.200v

DRAM Voltage(CHC, CHD). = 1.200v

PCH Core Voltage. = Auto. = Shows - 1.050v ( is this ok? )

PCH I/O Voltage. = Auto. = Shows = 1.490v ( is this ok? )

Everything from this point is set to Auto please let me know if there are any setting that need tweaking or the will be better set a bit higher or lower. but id like to know how to get the Vcore to drop when just on the desktop will be a big help.

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks
27 REPLIES 27

smokeintheeye
Level 11
just a quick note. i have the cpu vcore set to 1.265v but it jumps up to 1.280v now and then in cpuz. forgot to say that the Max core temp id seen when running RealBench was 55c under full load is that an ok temp. cpu is under full liquid cooling loop. think the setting im stuck on is the Adaptive voltage for the vcore.

My New 5820k at 4.6ghz VS My Old 3930k at 4.6ghz ............. not that much in it.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/7312128/fs/5748258#

Minsekt
Level 7
as much as i admire youre patience to edit your post with all that color, could you please just upload screenshots of your settings? have a fat32 pen drive in your usb 2.0 slot and press f12 its much easier that way

also on stuff that youre unsure, just leave it at auto...

id reset settings to default, enable your xmp profile, set your multiplier to 46 and increase vcore to lets say 1.275v than run realbench with the amount of ram you have in your system. that way you can make sure what voltage needs to be tweaked, how do you want to know whats causing problems when you already touched every setting possible? (dont even touch your ram yet except xmp) just core multiplier and voltage. set your cache max multiplier to 30, nothing else

smokeintheeye
Level 11
Hi Minsekt i did do that but when i try to load them on to the site a get a hit limit error on the 1st photo and everyone after.It was just faster to do it this way. but I will try again and see if i can load them up for you.

smokeintheeye wrote:
Hi Minsekt i did do that but when i try to load them on to the site a get a hit limit error on the 1st photo and everyone after.It was just faster to do it this way. but I will try again and see if i can load them up for you.

no problem mate, but id recommend to reset everything and touch that stuff once youve got your multiplier and vcore. im tweaking my system for almost 2 montsh now on a daily basis and can tell you, you dont need that stuff yet.

just reset to default, enable xmp, enter core multiplier to 46 , min cache multiplier to auto, max cache multiplier to 30 and your vcore to 1.275 / cache voltage at auto
thats it, if it passes - great you just have to lower the voltage and apply power savings like LLC etc, if not increase voltage. its easier as you might think

upload your screenshots on imgur if its not working on the website here

ok but coming from the rampage 4 x79 with a 3930k i know how most of the setting sort of work. i have my vcore set lower then you are saying to use. going off the overclocking guide for this mobo http://rog.asus.com/365052014/overclocking/rog-overclocking-guide-core-for-5960x-5930k-5820k/ it say under THE UNCORE STORY to try and keep the cashe as close to the max cpu multiplier so that what i was going for there. i stopped using XMP on the ram as it was locking my cpu vcore at 1.1280v when i was running stock setting on everything els. so i just stuck the timings in manual and that let the cpu drop back down to 0.000. just need to work out how to set the Adaptive voltage on the cpu vcore after manual setting it to 1.265v.

but il save my setting and give what you said a go and see if the temp power and scores are any better and let you know.

Qwinn
Level 11
Don't touch cache until you're completely stable on the processor, and don't go over 1.25 cache voltage once you do.

Optimized is good for the phase controls. Extreme is for 4.8ghz plus.

1.84 input is pretty low for what you're shooting for. Up to 1.95 is safe for LLC7. Go with at least 1.9, then once you are stable, slowly up it to 1.95 and see if that lets you drop vcore at all.

Disabling Svid settings is good.

I set phase duty control to extreme. T.probe isn't reliably accurate enough long term.

Leave the switching frequency stuff on auto.

Didnt see VR Fault Management on there, but it should be disabled for overclocking.

Leave xtreme tweaking disabled until you're stable.

Minsekt
Level 7
yeah but +x1 more on core multiplier is still better than +x15 on cache.

ive tried literally anything too, phase control, disabling stuff thats not necessary, vccsa/vccin etc, but auto works way better for me. i was up to 1.950 on llc7 with 1.05 vccsa at 4.5ghz. everything on auto except the settings ive gave you above and its just as stable with way less voltage. (4.6ghz core 4ghz cache 1.25vcore 1.2v cache / 0.754 vccsa/ 1.854 vvcin) i dont even care about llc at this point lol

that are the voltages for me after 10 hours of realbench last night

Minsekt wrote:
yeah but +x1 more on core multiplier is still better than +x15 on cache.

ive tried literally anything too, phase control, disabling stuff thats not necessary, vccsa/vccin etc, but auto works way better for me. i was up to 1.950 on llc7 with 1.05 vccsa at 4.5ghz. everything on auto except the settings ive gave you above and its just as stable with way less voltage. (4.6ghz core 4ghz cache 1.25vcore 1.2v cache / 0.754 vccsa/ 1.854 vvcin) i dont even care about llc at this point lol

that are the voltages for me after 10 hours of realbench last night

That's really tiny vdroop for LLC 7, weird. Or are you on auto? If so, wow, never seen any vdroop at all on auto, vinput always increases significantly on auto for me.

Max temp 66c after 10 hours? Nice. Custom cooling?

And sheesh, yeah, 4.6Ghz at voltages like that are *really* rare on the 5930k. Damnit. I did want the 40 lanes though.

Qwinn wrote:
That's really tiny vdroop for LLC 7, weird. Or are you on auto? If so, wow, never seen any vdroop at all on auto, vinput always increases significantly on auto for me.

Max temp 66c after 10 hours? Nice. Custom cooling?

And sheesh, yeah, 4.6Ghz at voltages like that are *really* rare on the 5930k. Damnit. I did want the 40 lanes though.

yes , everything on auto except core/cache multiplier and core/cache voltage 😄

im using a ek wb predator 360 with a fullblock on my gpu connected to it.

i can boot my cpu into windows at 5ghz using only 1.310v .. but i cant get anything stable past 4.7ghz (4.7ghz requires 1.35v and much more tweaking on settings to be stable, but that much of voltage increase is not worth it imho, 1.25v on 4.6 is pretty crazy anyways) but ive passed some realbench benchmarks with 4.8 at 1.375v