Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jacobssn View Post
    @ModJPB

Hi dude, It seems like I'm checking in once a year or so =)
    I actually flashed your BIOS mods, disassembled my G46VW, lubricated the fan rods, made an CPU air-intake + dust filter and put some liquid ultra between GPU and CPU. I never thought I'd actually bust this out from the closet for daily use again!
    Attachment 74693

I have two questions:

1.Do you guys have any good tutorial for flashing the BIOS + Unlocked ME BIOS with a hardware flasher?
    I have no problem soldering on wires for access points or even remove the bios chip.

2. I never figured out how to enable memory overclocking in BIOS, how did you go about doing that?

@jacobssn

i love your idea/mod for the CPU intake vent... i will definitely try that with mines and also do a GPU intake vent as well..... along with a laptop cooling pad it will keep things nice and chilly..... question is what did you use to drill in your vent holes + what material you used for a dust filter?

lets all try to keep this thread alive..

Hey all, sorry to say my G46vw did not survive a fall off the couch last year so it was fun while it lasted. I did upgrade to a GS43vr. I would have loved to stick with another ROG but ASUS doesn't make a 14" gamer. RIP

I have done similar mods to the MSI laptop BIOS, cooling vent holes. OC DRAM. One nice thing about the MSI is it has a fail safe if you mess up the bios. hold the power button for 60 seconds and everything clears and sets to default. Something annoyingly tedious is; I have to manually unlock write protection every time I want to flash it.

ASUS if you are reading this, please make another compact laptop with killer cooling and upgradable parts! (Compact as in width and depth, not thin) A bezel-less 15" LCD with a tenkeyless keyboard.
    G46VW:
    • ModJPB Modded Bios
    • I7 3820QM @4.0GHz
    • GTX660m @1250MHz 1.5V/2800MHz
    • Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz Cl8 8Gb (2x4GB)
    • SSD Samsung 840 Evo msata 256Gb
    • HD+ Screen 1600x900
    • Killer 1202 Wireless NIC

New ROGer Array

unlock voltage gpu

any guide how to unlock the voltage of the gpu ? ive already flashed it.. but the voltage on msi afterburner still white out... csm is disabled

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by paulo123 View Post
    any guide how to unlock the voltage of the gpu ? ive already flashed it.. but the voltage on msi afterburner still white out... csm is disabled
    I noticed the same with evga precision-x, though voltage overclocking does seem to work with nvidia inspector. Not 100% sure since i was still having stability issues with even a modest clock increase though that may have to do with age-related degradation in 8 year old hardware. Will update if i ever figure out anything further.

@ModJPB
    If you're still reading, thanks for making this! Really breathed new life into an old laptop. Upgraded my g46 with a 3740qm + surprised what a happy overclocker this little guy is.

New ROGer Array

Wink hi, i need help

well, im trying to make a vbios overclocked to 660m, and i dont know what settings i need to put on KBT i have a g75vw and i wanna understand more about of that, i dont have problems about of bricket because i have a bios programer to fix that.

Try this for voltage control

https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/i...p/t-81916.html

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...omment=1207583

The firmware is unlocked. It is forcing software that "thinks" it doesn't support it to allow the change. Sorry I don't recall exactly how to, since it has been a long time since I have done this. I hope those links above help.
    G46VW:
    • ModJPB Modded Bios
    • I7 3820QM @4.0GHz
    • HD+ Screen 1600x900

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil27 View Post
    I noticed the same with evga precision-x, though voltage overclocking does seem to work with nvidia inspector. Not 100% sure since i was still having stability issues with even a modest clock increase though that may have to do with age-related degradation in 8 year old hardware. Will update if i ever figure out anything further.

@ModJPB
    If you're still reading, thanks for making this! Really breathed new life into an old laptop. Upgraded my g46 with a 3740qm + surprised what a happy overclocker this little guy is.
    Thanks! I'm Happy to see people still running these old beasts. Wish mine was still around. Nothing beats the cooling system on that 14" laptop and the ability to upgrade the CPU was great. Those are two things I wish my now MSI GS43VR had.
    G46VW:
    • ModJPB Modded Bios
    • I7 3820QM @4.0GHz
    • HD+ Screen 1600x900

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4