cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy interface / UI on some apps

MRBULL
Level 10
few days ago I noticed on some applications my mouse is extremely laggy and sluggish , but no abnormal usage of ram or cpu , example Tumbgen interface / Discord / etc.. it's like it's taking all the juice of the computer , as soon I minimize those apps then everything returns to normal .. very odd, no idea what could cause this.

Update: I figured out that moving those apps to my second monitor no longer causes the lag , so something is screwed up with the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift

**UPDATED**: disabling G-sync fixed all the problems, my apps no longer lag the lag was bad as if it was in slow motion

is there something wrong with the monitor? I tried to reset to default and it didn't work
4 REPLIES 4

Onimax
Level 8
Hi MRBULL,

I happen to have the exact same problem, but I believe to have managed to find the cause.
You need to set the refresh rate of both monitors to the same value, otherwise this form of stuttering occurs (I don't think that this is working as intended, but it fixes the problem).
Also if you are using a SLI configuration I found that the NVidia drivers become very picky.
What did the trick for me was setting both monitors to 60Hz, remove SLI, disable GSync, re-enable SLI, set both monitors (primary first, then secondary) to 165Hz and re-enable GSync with the windowed-mode option - then the stuttering should be gone.

As I have two PG279Qs your problem may not be caused by the same issue, but anyways I hope it helps.

My other monitor is max 60hz IPS panel, as soon G-sync is disabled everything is working fine , and it started doing this since I upgraded to Nvidia 361.60 that I can recall , so I'm seriously thinking this is a Driver issue

quick video of the problem , you cant see the stuttering in the video but it is on my screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJWMw1DYps&feature=youtu.be

I have disabled the second monitor it didn't change anything.. it is deff a Gsync issue

I have the same issue with the NZXT Cam program running 3 Asus ROG PG278Q, it's a problem caused by G-SYNC. NZXT has acknowledged the problem and said they would have a fix soon. Hopefully the programs you are using do the same.

No the problem is Nvidia Drivers , it didn't do this with previous drivers it's since I installed 361.60 , and it's only in G-sync windowed mode setting

NVidia needs to fix this issue