Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107
  1. #61
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
    Computer have gotten easier than when they first came out but still not every fix is the same or will have the same out come for each computer/user. This is a great forum with lots of information good user feedback and responses. When I did the rollback on my system it went from 1min or more to 10sec bootup. I was lucky to not have any drive or OS problems after.

    I just want to thanks JustinThyme and others that post in here.
    not at all bro)

  2. #62
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    32


  3. #63
    ROG Enthusiast Array pigulici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    69

    Not sure I understand what do the new one...

  4. #64
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,858

    Wrong link, its under the "Other OS" drop down. Thanks for the heads up, been watching for this.

    Nice notes although a bit vague they look to promise a surprise.

    \\ BIOS 211
    "Please install OS by USB drive or external USB optical disc drive. Do not use internal SATA optical disc drive.

    Please install Intel IRST driver 14.6.3.1032 before crate RAID 0 volume."


    http://www.asus.com/support/Download...FvXVIePKB4o/8/
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-15-2016 at 01:44 PM.

  5. #65
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Wrong link, its under the "Other OS" drop down. Thanks for the heads up, been watching for this.

    Nice notes although a bit vague they look to promise a surprise.

    \\ BIOS 211
    "Please install OS by USB drive or external USB optical disc drive. Do not use internal SATA optical disc drive.

    Please install Intel IRST driver 14.6.3.1032 before crate RAID 0 volume."


    http://www.asus.com/support/Download...FvXVIePKB4o/8/
    What about boot time bro? how many seconds?

  6. #66
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    6

    BIOS Update 211

    The BIOS update 211 seems to work at fixing the issue of not holding the rapid start settings upon reboot. However, the system seems to stutter a little bit during post. Not sure yet if that will turn out to be a problem or if it is just the way it posts. Also noticed it added a selection to authorize the system to use RAID 0 on the drives. Would prefer RAID 1 but maybe in a future BIOS update.

    FYI.... Boot time is about 10 sec. and I used the Windows based flash utility from Asus. Worked just fine for me.

    ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K
    i7-6820HK 2.7GHz
    64 GB DDR4
    GTX 980M with 8GB
    1TB 7200RPM + 2 x 256GB SSD (PCIEG3x4)
    Last edited by MrMean; 02-18-2016 at 10:02 PM.

  7. #67
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    6

    Thumbs up Guess I was wrong!! :(

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMean View Post
    The BIOS update 211 seems to work at fixing the issue of not holding the rapid start settings upon reboot. However, the system seems to stutter a little bit during post. Not sure yet if that will turn out to be a problem or if it is just the way it posts. Also noticed it added a selection to authorize the system to use RAID 0 on the drives. Would prefer RAID 1 but maybe in a future BIOS update.

    FYI.... Boot time is about 10 sec. and I used the Windows based flash utility from Asus. Worked just fine for me.

    ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K
    i7-6820HK 2.7GHz
    64 GB DDR4
    GTX 980M with 8GB
    1TB 7200RPM + 2 x 256GB SSD (PCIEG3x4)



    Apparently the fix is short lived. Worked for about a week and now it is shutting "Fast Boot" off in the BIOS again. Starting to wonder if this is a physical issue with the CMOS chip rather than a software/firmware issue in the BIOS.

    ASUS, FIX THIS ISSUE OR AT LEAST HAVE THE BALLS TO COME OUT AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!! IS THIS GOING TO BE A PERMANENT ISSUE THAT CANNOT BE FIXED?!

    So frustrating!!

  8. #68
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX501VI Zephyrus
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4-4700MHz Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #3ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #4ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Monitor2X ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
    Storage #12TB Samsung 960 PRO
    Storage #22TB Samsung 960 PRO
    ROG_HARDCORE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    211

    Welcome to G752VY family, we all have the same issues. But why Bios 206 can work well? (with some bug of course )

    This is what i get when contact using email, call, facebook, ... all short of possible way.

    one of the responds :

    "
    We just recently released Bios version 211 with your points in mind. ACHI mode should be able to be enabled now. Fastboot has a problem when in OC mode and we currently don't allow to turn off the USB charger. Perhaps in a newer version of BIOS, some of these can be fixed. Thank you for brining this up!

    ROG Global Team
    "

    that it. we need to wait.

  9. #69
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ROG_HARDCORE View Post
    Welcome to G752VY family, we all have the same issues. But why Bios 206 can work well? (with some bug of course )

    This is what i get when contact using email, call, facebook, ... all short of possible way.

    one of the responds :

    "
    We just recently released Bios version 211 with your points in mind. ACHI mode should be able to be enabled now. Fastboot has a problem when in OC mode and we currently don't allow to turn off the USB charger. Perhaps in a newer version of BIOS, some of these can be fixed. Thank you for brining this up!

    ROG Global Team
    "

    that it. we need to wait.


    Only 1 problem. I am not in OC mode and Fastboot still turns off upon reboot. Typical Asus support BS! I bought (and still have) the first itteration of their ROG 17" laptop. Great laptop except for a couple small issues here and there. However, I swore up and down I would NEVER buy another Asus product again because their support wa hands down the worst I had EVER worked with!!! Even with simple little items. However, I had heard they got another support company to come in and take over. So I figured well, maybe it will be better and because when I was in the market I was not happy with the other two laptops I was looking at (MSI Titan and Alienware). So I ended up giving in and buying another Asus even though I knew better than trust them again. I guess I should have stuck witth my guns and never bought another Asus laptop. This is pathetic. I just spent $3500 on their absolute top of the line laptop fully loaded and this is the bull$hit we are all dealing with. I wish so badly I could just return this thing and get my money back!!!

  10. #70
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX501VI Zephyrus
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4-4700MHz Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #3ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #4ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Monitor2X ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
    Storage #12TB Samsung 960 PRO
    Storage #22TB Samsung 960 PRO
    ROG_HARDCORE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    211

    I dont understand what OC mode actually, well. people are leaving and getting:
    ACER predator 17 ( cheaper, GTX980m 8GB, 256GB m.2 SSD, i7 6700HQ ) Same price with G752VY ( GTX980m 4GB, 128GB m.2 ssd, i7 6700HQ )
    Because ASUS FAILED in providing good USER Experience which include after sales services and Quality controls. ( The most important aspect in every products)
    Their Business management team must be powered by some 16 years old boys and girls.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •