cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752 Clean format, did i install graphics drivers properly? pix

ATR-42
Level 9
when i took delivery of my GL752vw, i removed the HDD and installed two SDDs.
i did a clean format and reinstalled most of the necessary asus drivers, leaving some out that i felt were bloated.

i didnt install any of the asus stuff related to the video. instead, i installed nVidia experience and allowed it to install the video drivers.
on my desktop when i open the nvidia control panel it is populated with a ton of stuff, when i open the nvidia control panel on my GL752 there is only 3 things listed, and nothing for the display itself really...
did i screw something up?
the device manager looks fine, no "!" and games are running fine too...

but this looks odd to me...
i9 14900k, z790, GTX 4090, Azoth
11 REPLIES 11

ATR-42
Level 9
anyone?

Otot
Level 7
Download the full package from nvidia and simply reinstall it, but not through experience. Make a custom install and select "clean install". Maybe this will help.

Greetings

Otot wrote:
Download the full package from nvidia and simply reinstall it, but not through experience. Make a custom install and select "clean install". Maybe this will help.

Greetings

just did this. did not help. control panel looks the same as OP

ATR-42
Level 9
can anyone report if this is normal or not normal to begin with?
i dont want to go removing and reinstalling drivers if this is normal

ATR-42
Level 9
is this control panel the way everyone's looks?

ATR-42 wrote:
is this control panel the way everyone's looks?

whats wrong with the control panel in your opinion? i can't see clearly from your pic.

edit - never mind, just noticed three line thingy. well, use DDU to uninstall in safe mode, then install new drivers and choose 'clean install ' option . btw, never install nvidia experience - it's a horrid system hog,
G614JV

ATR-42
Level 9
i removed the "experience" , and did clean install. but got same results, just the 3 lines of settings...

part of me thinks this is related to the on board graphics.

ATR-42 wrote:
i removed the "experience" , and did clean install. but got same results, just the 3 lines of settings...

part of me thinks this is related to the on board graphics.

yeah, might be cause of Optimus ...
G614JV

ATR-42
Level 9
i guess what im looking for is someone who has on board graphics (GL users) who can report if this is normal or non-normal. i dont want to call Asus and open a can of worms (oh just try a restore lol)