cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JY only 30 FPS (Ultra High) on Witcher 3 and Assasin Creed Unity?

isko
Level 7
Hi, 🙂

Im new here and I buy for the first time Asus ROG. And I buy G751JY. I run every game on Ultra High and it is awesome. But I have one question: What is actually problem with Witcher 3 and Assasin Creed Unity? When I run them on Ultra High the FPS is around 30. Is that problem with the game or I didn't install all drivers? Or maybe something else?

P.S. I installed the last driver from Asus web site and Nvidia.

Thank you in advance for your help. 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
What model JY did you buy? G751JY-????? Your processor speed, ram and graphics card will make all the difference.

Weirdoutworld wrote:
What model JY did you buy? G751JY-????? Your processor speed, ram and graphics card will make all the difference.

I have Asus ROG G751JY -WH71
i7 - 4720HQ
16 GB Ram
Gtx 980m

I didn't update the BIOS. I show version G751JY.210. Did I need to update it?

And If I open program Driver Pack Solution it shows that he have update for every driver. But when I download from the Ausu web site I it shows that is the last driver. So what to do?

Corporal
Level 9
These games are very demanding. Particularly Assasins Creed Unity is infamous for being poorly optimized. Regarding Witcher, try turning off the "Real Hair Physics" setting.

Corporal wrote:
These games are very demanding. Particularly Assasins Creed Unity is infamous for being poorly optimized. Regarding Witcher, try turning off the "Real Hair Physics" setting.

Thanks for your answer my friend. So is this means that G751JY is not so good laptop for gaming that can run game at ultra with 60fps? Or thats just problem of game developer?

And, if someone have the same laptop like me, can you plase tell me how much is fps at everything is on ultra? Because sometimes i think that i forget to instsll something for better working.

Corporal
Level 9
Here, install and run Firestrike, you should get about 8600 points (+- 300)
http://www.3dmark.com/

So is this means that G751JY is not so good laptop for gaming

haha if G751JY is "not so good for gaming", I don't know what is :rolleyes:
Just disable some resource hogging features that are not really visible, and you're good to go

Forgive my noob question but your referring to "bloatware" correct? As in, un-installing programs you don't need like gamefirstIII will increase overall performance? I'm trying to learn as much as I can to get the most out of my machine.

Corporal wrote:
Here, install and run Firestrike, you should get about 8600 points (+- 300)
http://www.3dmark.com/

haha if G751JY is "not so good for gaming", I don't know what is :rolleyes:
Just disable some resource hogging features that are not really visible, and you're good to go

Ok my firend. I wilk try Fire Strik. Just tell me which one to run: Ultra, Extreme, of just Fire Strike?

toronto699
Level 13
Weirdoutworld
No not bloat ware in Task Manager , Startup , disable un needed start up programs, in process disable un needed processes or if u have a program that has auto update disable auto update in software , do up dates manually for software if un sure what to disable make a post someone will help I'm sure.

Puhrple
Level 7
isko wrote:
Hi, 🙂

Im new here and I buy for the first time Asus ROG. And I buy G751JY. I run every game on Ultra High and it is awesome. But I have one question: What is actually problem with Witcher 3 and Assasin Creed Unity? When I run them on Ultra High the FPS is around 30. Is that problem with the game or I didn't install all drivers? Or maybe something else?

P.S. I installed the last driver from Asus web site and Nvidia.

Thank you in advance for your help. 🙂

Disable V-sync on the nvidia panel.

I was getting 30 fps on hotline miami 2:eek: then disabled v -sync and problem solved.