cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix and DRM issue On Other Hardware

InternetOwl
Level 8
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Netflix and DRM issue that affects the Phoebus is also present in ASUS's other sound products? I know the U7 Xonar had the same issue, but am not sure if it was fixed or not. Is it a C-Media hardware problem or driver issue? Just curious.
11 REPLIES 11

Bahz
Level 12
Hi InternetOwl,

I sent you a PM, please get back to me. Sorry I thought you were a new member (got confused with the 10 other messages I'm responding to).

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi InternetOwl,

I sent you a PM, please get back to me. Sorry I thought you were a new member (got confused with the 10 other messages I'm responding to).

Thanks,
Bahz

i have a problem with phobeus and Netflix app for w10 i get an error
is any solution or not yet?

WhoSaidThat
Level 7
InternetOwl wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Netflix and DRM issue that affects the Phoebus is also present in ASUS's other sound products? I know the U7 Xonar had the same issue, but am not sure if it was fixed or not. Is it a C-Media hardware problem or driver issue? Just curious.

I'd like to know the answer to this question too, please. It would also be nice to know if it will ever be fixed ...

Bahz
Level 12
We're working on beta version and we already have found a solution. The next version which will be released soon will address this issue (I haven't received the confirmed schedule yet from the software team).

Bahz wrote:
We're working on beta version and we already have found a solution. The next version which will be released soon will address this issue (I haven't received the confirmed schedule yet from the software team).

Thank you for the update - much appreciated.

Please hurry up and release the drive so I can go back to windows 10 and enjoy the Netflix in surround sound or at all.

Bahz
Level 12
Still work in progress as they're trying to transfer the fix from one of the beta version with the current beta version for the new Sonic Studio version. If I hear anything I'll update you guys through this thread here.

I'm starting to think Asus doesn't want my business. I've got a $150 sound card sitting on the shelf that I can't use on windows 10 if I want to watch Netflix. How hard is it make this work?
I've got a brand new Dell Laptop that shipped with windows 10 .
Windows 10 and Netflix have both been out for ages, how is it possible that these two products can't work together? I know I won't be recommending Asus anything in the future. Too bad too as the sound card sounds so great on my old windows 7 and 8.1 laptops.

Bahz
Level 12
I'll receive update regarding the schedule for this new version soon, I'll update you guys when it's confirmed.