cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mayhems Pastel coloring

grassy
Level 12
I have been hearing some disasters that have happened with this colored pastel and am having second thoughts on using it and have been thinking of colored tubing instead.I have seen some ugly pictures of the cpu blocks being loaded with build up over time and even heard stories of the pastel changing color after around 1 month of use.I am not panicking but at the same time i am aware that the performance of this Pastel is not quite up to par. I would love to hear others opinions on this and experiences. I feel this is something i need to know Before i run it through my loop.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
I use koolance coolant and never had any problems with build up and you can let it go for 3 years before changing it. It was actually a little over 3 years since I last changed it and it's never changed color on me. When I inspected the inside of the waterblock it still looked new. This is the third motherboard I've used my cpu waterblock on, I've never used any other coolant and I highly recommend it.

Just remember the red coolant of any brand stains the most because of the amount of dye needed to achieve the proper color. I haven't tried the red but the blue has not stained my reservoir in 7 or 8 years. I don't know if it's available to you or not, it's expensive here at amazon I can get it for $14.99 a bottle.

Read the user reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Koolance-LIQ-702RD-B-LIQ-702-Coolant-High-Performance/dp/B004YFB3WG/ref=sr_1_1...

The Mayhems is probably a good coolant too I will suspect the build up comes from using cheap tubing. I've always used feser tubing but this time I went with Mayhems ultra clear tubing. Feser has merged with Nanoxia and I bet this is a good coolant too but is recommended to change it once a year.

Nanoxia Cool Force 1

http://nanoxia-world.com/en/products/coolforce/cooling-fluids-pro/315/cf-no.1-pure-und-power

Read the details of the tubing.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/mayhems-ultra-clear-tubing-3-8-x-5-8-10-16mm-tubing.html

grassy
Level 12
Thanks Nate i will do some more homework on it. After reading some horror stories it left me thinking on weather i was going in the right direction with colored coolant as kkn also advised me to go colored tubing and that has been on my mind also.I suppose it gets down to maintenance as i really dont mind doing a little checking on seeing how my rig is running due to dust and heat. I suppose it all comes with the package of watercooling when adding dyes.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Nate152
If your reservoir is acrylic it will stain the fastest with red, other colors may stain too it just may take longer. The gpu water block won't matter as much as it will have coolant constantly running through it.

The plasticizer in the lesser quality tubing is what gunks up water blocks so you don't have to worry about that with petg tubing, the staining is your only concern.