cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION w10?

Boofster
Level 7
Every time I reboot, I am getting this BSOD in Windows 10. If I reboot again, enter bios, and exit, it loads fine.

I tried full reset to defaults and even on stock values, it gives me this error. Normal o/c with all the voltage checks disabled gives the same result.

Any ideas what I can try?

I know this error is usually due to not enough voltage but it shouldn't be happening on stock values.

(Using bios 1902)
5 REPLIES 5

Qwinn
Level 11
I got that error when I disabled Ps/2 ports and turned down the "all sata devices" setting under fast boot. I think its meant to be a hardware error. You'll.need to list your full system specs. I'd try disconnecting any hard drives or ssds you have beyond your boot drive and see if it still happens. Also minimize usb devices.

Boofster
Level 7
Yes it does seem like it's a fast boot item problem. I will try a few combinations and report back. Thanks.

Boofster
Level 7
Ok so it seems the option under SATA fast boot has to be set to 'all devices'. So far it looks like that fixed it.

Very odd as you should only need the m.2 drive to boot. The option was set to 'boot device only'. I tried 'hard drives only' and that didn't work either.

Qwinn
Level 11
Glad I could help. I actually made other changes at the time so it took me a bit to narrow it down to that change causing the issue.

Boofster
Level 7
Thank you Qwinn for the idea and hopefully this will resolve someone's issues in the future 🙂