View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 90 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Black Phoenix PC Specs
    Black Phoenix PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus GL551JW
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5960X
    Memory (part number)2x Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+
    Sound CardRealtek ALC1150 (On Board Audio)
    Monitor3x Asus PA279Q
    Storage #12x Sandisk X300S 128GB 2.5" RAID0 (OS)
    Storage #24x Western Digital Black 750GB 2.5" RAID10 (Storage)
    CPU Coolerbe quiet! DARK ROCK TF
    CaseCooler Master Stacker 832
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200
    Keyboard Asus M801 ​Keyboard -​ Red Switc​hes
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+B Plus S8B Subwoofer
    OS MS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterNETGEAR R8000 Nighthawk X6
    Accessory #1 Roland UA-55 Audio Interface

I was retracting of replying in this threat, because it's the kind of threats that normally goes way wrong and causes lots of misunderstandings but I think that this was the first time a company offered an upgrade to old users to new technologies.

The problem is that the currently sold equipments have a CPU that the Asus engineering think it's compatible and performance equivalent, and looking by a benchmark (that's only numbers mind it) it's lower that the old ones. The performance day by day is equivalent, probably unnoticeable to the user.

I never saw HP, Acer, Lenovo, MSI and Apple doing something like this, and all the users should be glad.

The lack of CPUs equivalent to old models is again because of the current line up being sold (I think that is, no real info), that probably also have new MB revisions not compatible with old CPUs. Asus probably ask PEGATRON to assemble their motherboards for the Notebooks and then receive them to implement in a product to be sold.

I know that most users were looking for an trade old equipment for a shining new one, and then Asus coupling the loss and having refurbished units in their warehouse that they don't know if they could sold totally, having to recycle them or even destroy.

The main issue wasn't Asus related but nVidia one, that made the choice to not implement GSync in old models.

Asus is simply trying to make their loyal and paying customers happy, again something that the brands above I never saw once doing it. People should fell glad and have patience.

Mind it that I'm not a Fan boy, I also have my part of bad experiences with Asus (The Portuguese repair is the worse one I ever saw, from computers going without visible damage to returning ones all messed up and beat up), but overall it's positive and that's why when I had to change my M51TR for a new one I choose the GL551JW, because the M51TR was a notebook that during the 7 years he served me never had a single problem. Only in the last year things got to appear. The LCD is still in top shape, no dead or bright pixels. The chassis is very robust, no broken hinges or broken plastic. Their problem is simply Motherboard related, started with a Realtek 10/100/1000 Network port not connecting in Gbit speeds, then had to force shutdown the PC because of hard lock ups until it never booted again. Changed CPUs, memory, etc but the problem remained. Probably if one day I see a motherboard being sold I will buy it and put the PC working again, because overall the machine is in pristine condition.

But I also had my fair part of motherboard problems, lack of support, BIOS that broken more things that fixed, lack of driver support, etc.

That's my two cents!!
    Last edited by Black Phoenix; 04-13-2016 at 01:23 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    UPDATE 6 (Apr 13, 2016)
    A memo will sent to all regions to notify them of this update and to have them make sure that all customers are clearly notified that in order to continue with the upgrade now, they'll need to give consent that they accept the i7-4750HQ CPU version as replacement.
    Thx Bahz, that is the bare minimum Asus should do before changing our notebook specs.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    Dear Bahz,
    Please clarify what would be the proper equivalent in case user has i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ? As you have written at UPDATE 6 these two CPUs are also out of stock with no ETA... also i7-4750HQ ? That would be quite 'surprising'

IMHO Asus can get what is ordered... if no orders then no ETA. Don't you think? What would be ordered for i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ users?
    The orders have been placed, the problem is that the supplier hasn't given us the ETA. It's almost the same as ordering from a retailer where the item is out of stock and on back order and says approximately 1-2 months but they don't give us an exact ETA. We can't share any of that info until we have something concrete to share.

The i7-4860HQ and i7-4870HQ will either be replaced with the same version CPU motherboard or the i7-4870HQ.
    Last edited by Bahz; 04-14-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Ex-employee Array

For all you that are having high temperatures after the upgrade, please use your notebook for now as it is. Please submit another ticket to notify service team of the issue after the upgrade and when the parts are back in stock and they'll have someone collect your laptop and will put in a new board or they can try reapplying the thermal paste for the CPU and GPU and try testing again. We already addressed this issue and will have the service team test the unit for high tempertaures through different benchmark tests.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    For all you that are having high temperatures after the upgrade, please use your notebook for now as it is. Please submit another ticket to notify service team of the issue after the upgrade and when the parts are back in stock and they'll have someone collect your laptop and will put in a new board or they can try reapplying the thermal paste for the CPU and GPU and try testing again. We already addressed this issue and will have the service team test the unit for high tempertaures through different benchmark tests.
    Really nice support Bahz. Portugal has been informed about this issue and they picked up my pc. I reported the situation.
    Hopefully everything will be fine.

Thx

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Just wanted to report my disappointment here as today I finally decided to cancel my repair (started 25 March 2016) and have back my G751JY AS IT WAS (fear for downgrades and other issues, I prefer no G-Sync that I tested on a G752VY and stays inferior to 60fps vsync for me and the games I play).... and just for a coincidence 3 hours later the status switched from:

G751JY 2016/03/31 [WB1] Waiting for parts/materials.
    to
    G751JY 2016/03/31 Product repair is in progress.

to bound my hands since ASUS can't loose 122€ extra. I'm disgusted and won't buy anything else from ASUS anymore, informing everyone I know if I'll get back my G751JY downgraded and with temp/performance issues.

Strange coincidence uh?

P.S.
    Please notice that the date is unchanged... just the status suddenly changed after the mail to not loose customer money.
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-14-2016 at 10:31 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I got my laptop back today! For those of you who don't know, this was the third time I had to send it back since I decided to have the G-Sync upgrade done.

Finally, ASUS has got it right! I have working G-Sync, my spec match the original one, (e.g. i7-4870HQ), and most importantly, the temps are perfect!!

After about 25 minutes of GTA V:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTA.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	56863

As a comparison, this is what I had the last time after only 15 minutes of GTA V:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTA_V_15_minutes.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	56864

So far so good!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Probably simply repasted it. Something they should always do as default in this G-Sync upgrade process, IMHO.
    Please now check out if something has changed VBIOS side and benchmarks are equal as before.
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-14-2016 at 10:33 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Glad to hear it @Wardaddy,
    I'm still waiting for ASUS Service Center, Milpitas, CA to ship back the G751JY w/o G-SYNC upgrade
    I sent in 25 days ago. ASUS postponed the US G-SYNC upgrade until further notice. I also received
    an email from ASUS Product Service which states;
    "Hello Jon G.
    Your RMA is currently in the process of being shipped a replacement unit of the same model. Once
    the replacement unit has been reserved for your RMA the replacement unit will be shipped to your
    address"
    "Best regards ASUS Customer Support"
    The RMA status switched from;
    [WB1] Waiting for Material/Spare Parts, (03/22/16 - 04/11/16)
    to:
    [WF5] Wait for Customer Confirmation-SWAP (04/12 - present date)
    Does this mean what it sounds like? My G751JY DH71 was in perfect condition, no marks, no scratches,
    no signs of wear when I sent it in for G-SYNC upgrade (canceled by ASUS Product Support)
    after 24 days at ASUS US Service Center waiting for G-SYNC parts w/ no ETA. I want the same G751JY
    I sent in back. Hopefully the wording on this ASUS Product Support email means the exact G751JY DH71
    I sent in is being returned as is (w/ out the G-SYNC upgrade). I don't want to be shipped back a
    G751JY DH71 replacement, refurbished unit. I'll have to wait & see when it's finally shipped & returned.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-15-2016 at 01:49 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio80 View Post
    @Bahz

WHAT! O_O
    I sincerly hope they are not going to switch my old i7 4710HQ with an Intel Core i7 4750HQ.
    The law clearly states that if a replacement is made, the CPU must be "equal or superior"
    The 4750 has significantly lower base clock speed (2 GHz vs 2.5 GHz) !!!25% lower !!! and also lower TURBO clock speed (only 3.2 Ghz vs 3.5 Ghz)!.
    The 4750 is inferior CPU performance-wise to the 4710 and 4720.
    Downgrading our hardware like this would be UNACCEPTABLE! Expecially since Asus never informed us about this hardware changes when we were told to send back the notebooks for G-Sync upgrade.

And the bad news keep coming (no spare parts, then CPU downgrade, wrong GPU updates..)...c'mon Asus, get your act together and start doing this the right way
    Make sure you get all of your ducks in a row and keep all of your documentation. There are laws that guard consumers no matter how many policies are in place by a company.

Page 90 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast