View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I have two g751jy's, i phoned my countries rma center to see if theres anything that sweetens the pot since i have 2 laptops and they cant really upgrade my cpu since i have the i7 4870hq on both.
    they said theres no extra special upgrades but looking at this thread and seeing how many people seem to be getting more ram or better cpu i feel a little let down.
    obviously getting the laptop back safe and sound is the best option.. something some of you people cant even get.
    But still, a little let down nonetheless

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dvirlu View Post
    I have two g751jy's, i phoned my countries rma center to see if theres anything that sweetens the pot since i have 2 laptops and they cant really upgrade my cpu since i have the i7 4870hq on both.
    they said theres no extra special upgrades but looking at this thread and seeing how many people seem to be getting more ram or better cpu i feel a little let down.
    obviously getting the laptop back safe and sound is the best option.. something some of you people cant even get.
    But still, a little let down nonetheless
    I know how you feel, trust me, Ive been waiting a month and 1 week, they could have just given me an upgrade like CLASS, they didnt even offer any compensation for the delay and errors, shocking. but well done to Class and the other guys im glad its starting to get better.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Laptop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GRSL

I just ordered this 16GB G.SKILL ram to add to my G751 JT when my laptop get upgraded by ASUS.
    I would like to install it under the keyboard so I wonder if I can sent that with my laptop WHEN it get upgraded.....

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Laptop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GRSL

I just ordered this 16GB G.SKILL ram to add to my G751 JT when my laptop get upgraded by ASUS.
    I would like to install it under the keyboard so I wonder if I can sent that with my laptop WHEN it get upgraded.....
    Sorry mate, you can't. When asked about the same thing, Asus specifically told me that the program only covers the g-sync upgrade and nothing more. Period.
    But Asus in your region could e more accomodating. No harm asking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by yahya32 View Post
    You are a very lucky fellow, i wish i could make that comment, mine still says "waiting for Technical Support from ASUS", its been with them since 7th March, nobody seems to want to update me on what is going on, but well done mate, enjoy it, I think its probably the 3rd positive feedback on this thread.
    @yahya32,
    March 7th-April 16th, gone 38 days, where is your notebook? Was something else wrong w/ it before you sent it
    in 03/07/16 for this G-SYNC upgrade? Where are you located, EU? So far, like you, I've been completely screwed here,
    but yours has been gone 11 days longer then mine! Is your G-SYNC upgrade still active? Mine got canceled by ASUS
    US Customer Service after sitting at ASUS Service Center, Milpitas, CA on the 21st day!
    Now my G751JY G-SYNC upgrade is canceled in US, my notebook has absolutely nothing else wrong w/ it,
    has been at ASUS US Service Center 27 days & counting and apparently I'm waiting for ASUS US
    to find another, same model G751JY DH71 replacement like the perfect one I sent in to process to my RMA #
    before they can ship me back a replacement unit w/o the G-SYNC upgrade I paid for & will not receive at this
    time. It might take up to an additional month before I'm finally shipped back a replacement unit.
    The only thing ASUS US notebook RMA phone Support tells me is that I must be patient, this process
    takes time.
    Where are our notebooks'? At this point, ASUS upper Management should approve removal of 1
    brand new G751JY-WH71(WX) notebook from ASUS US Store inventory, swap in a 256GB OEM
    Samsung XP941 SSD & the additional 8GB DDR3L SODIMM (to convert it to the G751JY DH71)
    for me & ship it to my address pronto.
    At least then, I would get the G-SYNC upgrade I sent it in for, paid for, as well as finally get a
    notebook back.
    @Bahz help us please. Why is it taking so long for @yahya32 & @Jon G. to get our notebooks' returned?
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-16-2016 at 06:28 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    @yahya32,
    March 7th-April 16th, gone 38 days, where is your notebook? Was something else wrong w/ it before you sent it
    in 03/07/16 for this G-SYNC upgrade? Where are you located, EU? So far, like you, I've been completely screwed here,
    but yours has been gone 11 days longer then mine! Is your G-SYNC upgrade still active? Mine got canceled by ASUS
    US Customer Service after sitting at ASUS Service Center, Milpitas, CA on the 21st day!
    Now my G751JY G-SYNC upgrade is canceled in US, my notebook has absolutely nothing else wrong w/ it,
    has been at ASUS US Service Center 27 days & counting and apparently I'm waiting for ASUS US
    to find another, same model G751JY DH71 replacement like the perfect one I sent in to process to my RMA #
    before they can ship me back a replacement unit w/o the G-SYNC upgrade I paid for & will not receive at this
    time. It might take up to an additional month before I'm finally shipped back a replacement unit.
    The only thing ASUS US notebook RMA phone Support tells me is that I must be patient, this process
    takes time.
    Where are our notebooks'? At this point, ASUS upper Management should approve removal of 1
    brand new G751JY-WH71(WX) notebook from ASUS US Store inventory, swap in a 256GB OEM
    Samsung XP941 SSD & the additional 8GB DDR3L SODIMM (to convert it to the G751JY DH71)
    for me & ship it to my address pronto.
    At least then, I would get the G-SYNC upgrade I sent it in for, paid for, as well as finally get a
    notebook back.
    @Bahz help us please. Why is it taking so long for @yahya32 & @Jon G. to get our notebooks' returned?
    Nothing wrong with my laptop, i just installed 512gb M.2 SSD 951 as well and 32gb ram, i had no issues with USB or screen or speakers or anything else for that matter. I think i will call them on monday to cancel it and have them ship it back with a Full Refund or im going straight to trading standards and ASUS management, as i was specifically told they are allowed to hold a laptop for only 30 days. Never ever had to deal with after sales service like this. they should have cancelled the Upgrade process and restarted it after everyone was briefed, Trained, and allocated stock of MB, or my other option seemed a lot better "like for like Replacement with GSync at a cost". Also no compensation at all, very bad service.

@yahya32,
    Are you located in UK or elsewhere in EU? Before I shipped mine in US, ASUS RMA instructions stated
    to remove any non stock upgrades before sending in the unit. So I swapped the 512GB OEM Samsung
    SM951 PCIeG3 (AHCI) M.2 OS SSD w/ the stock 256GB OEM Samsung XP941 SSD, did a full reset of OEM
    Windows 8.1 OS on it to remove OS password & pin. Also I removed the additional 8GB exact SKhynix DDR3L
    1600 MHz SDRAM for my G751JY-DH71s' stock 24GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SODIMMs'. I also had to remove the 5"
    SATA3 extension cable I ran from Drive bay 1s' SATA3 Adapter fed under SATA Bridge to the 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD I had in drive bay 2.(As well as reinstall the 1TB HGST 7K1000 HDD in drive bay 2).
    I RMA'ed my stock notebook via USPS overnight w/ insurance $135 (wasted) to try & expedite
    the G-SYNC upgrade process from my end, but 27 plus days later still no notebook returned despite
    fact that I'm not getting the G-SYNC upgrade.
    I can't be certain, but it appears that my perfect condition G751JY was treated as a regular RMA in US
    (as if it were sent in for some problem other than simply this G-SYNC
    upgrade?). Now I must wait additional time on top of the close to 1 month I've already waited for ASUS US RMA
    Services to locate & ship a replacement G751JY-DH71 w/o G-SYNC to the RMA returns Service Center,
    then process replacement unit to my RMA and finally ship it back.
    The kicker is that I even have to pay an additional $30 if I want ASUS US RMA Service to expedite the
    return shipping to my address. (This is complete disregard to a customer!)
    This is why I believe its' time for @Bahz to intervene on our behaves.
    Bahz has already advised me to start process of getting my notebook back w/o G-SYNC upgrade last week
    and stated that I can return ship it once the G751JY G-SYNC upgrade parts become available in the US.
    I've been buying ASUS desktop motherboards, GPU's since 2004. I own 3 ROG G Series notebooks
    (retired G73, G751JY, G752VY). I know this G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade is something ASUS never tried
    offering before, and mistakes will happen through this new, eventually regional, upgrade process.
    I haven't given up on supporting ASUS through this G-SYNC upgrade process. I'm happy that several
    G751JY/JT ROG'ers have come forward to state that their upgrades went well. I also completely
    understand the shortage of G-SYNC upgrade parts, that's not what bothers me w/ all this.
    However, if my notebook isn't returned by Wednesday this week, I too will file a complaint
    w/ ASUS Customer Services.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-17-2016 at 11:35 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    UPDATE 6 (Apr 13, 2016)

A memo will sent to all regions to notify them of this update and to have them make sure that all customers are clearly notified that in order to continue with the upgrade now, they'll need to give consent that they accept the i7-4750HQ CPU version as replacement.
    @Bahz
    How will you adress that the 4710HQ has DDR3L memory banks and the 4750HQ has DDR3? Will my two aftermarket 8GB DDR3L be replaced with DDR3, keeping my memory total to 24 GB? It is stated by the support that all extra (non original) hardware should be removed prior to sending in the laptop for service (only purchase configuration is taken responsibility for), so how will my extra 16 GB be recognised if not allowed to be present?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    @yahya32,
    Are you located in UK or elsewhere in EU? Before I shipped mine in US, ASUS RMA instructions stated
    to remove any non stock upgrades before sending in the unit. So I swapped the 512GB OEM Samsung
    SM951 PCIeG3 (AHCI) M.2 OS SSD w/ the stock 256GB OEM Samsung XP941 SSD, did a full reset of OEM
    Windows 8.1 OS on it to remove OS password & pin. Also I removed the additional 8GB exact SKhynix DDR3L
    1600 MHz SDRAM for my G751JY-DH71s' stock 24GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SODIMMs'. I also had to remove the 5"
    SATA3 extension cable I ran from Drive bay 1s' SATA3 Adapter fed under SATA Bridge to the 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD I had in drive bay 2.(As well as reinstall the 1TB HGST 7K1000 HDD in drive bay 2).
    I RMA'ed my stock notebook via USPS overnight w/ insurance $135 (wasted) to try & expedite
    the G-SYNC upgrade process from my end, but 27 plus days later still no notebook returned despite
    fact that I'm not getting the G-SYNC upgrade.
    I can't be certain, but it appears that my perfect condition G751JY was treated as a regular RMA in US
    (as if it were sent in for some problem other than simply this G-SYNC
    upgrade?). Now I must wait additional time on top of the close to 1 month I've already waited for ASUS US RMA
    Services to locate & ship a replacement G751JY-DH71 w/o G-SYNC to the RMA returns Service Center,
    then process replacement unit to my RMA and finally ship it back.
    The kicker is that I even have to pay an additional $30 if I want ASUS US RMA Service to expedite the
    return shipping to my address. (This is complete disregard to a customer!)
    This is why I believe its' time for @Bahz to intervene on our behaves.
    Bahz has already advised me to start process of getting my notebook back w/o G-SYNC upgrade last week
    and stated that I can return ship it once the G751JY G-SYNC upgrade parts become available in the US.
    I've been buying ASUS desktop motherboards, GPU's since 2004. I own 3 ROG G Series notebooks
    (retired G73, G751JY, G752VY). I know this G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade is something ASUS never tried
    offering before, and mistakes will happen through this new, eventually regional, upgrade process.
    I haven't given up on supporting ASUS through this G-SYNC upgrade process. I'm happy that several
    G751JY/JT ROG'ers have come forward to state that their upgrades went well. I also completely
    understand the shortage of G-SYNC upgrade parts, that's not what bothers me w/ all this.
    However, if my notebook isn't returned by Wednesday this week, I too will file a complaint
    w/ ASUS Customer Services.
    Im in the UK, so the laws here are pretty good for consumers (Fingers Crossed), i Can also report it to Watchdog and trading standards, any way i don't want them to give me the downgrade as i already have my extra RAM which i spent quite a bit of money on, and from what i am hearing it won't be compatible with the other Processor, so whos gonna refund that cost?? I will send the invoice i paid for the ram to ASUS and make them pay it i think it was £ 84.99 for 16gb of Ram, as it already had 16 installed.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    I wish ASUS give us some detailed info about what they are doing to our laptops
    Obviously Nvidia has a hand in this and preventing them from sharing anything. For this program to even happen, I'm sure Asus had to go through Nvidia first and also play by their rules.

Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast