View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

    76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

    109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

    15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

    31 13.42%
Page 98 of 138 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1371
  1. #971
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    32

    Gents

    Yesterday , after waiting almost 45 days , i got my Asus with G-Sync , CPU 4710 , motherboard has been replaced completely , no data touched , just need to re-install clean installation of windows 10

    Thanks ...

  2. #972
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    129

    Glad to hear it TurkROG,
    After waiting 33 days in the US, the same G751JY-DH71 w/o G-SYNC is being returned today
    as is (G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade postponed in US until further notice). I'm just happy to be getting it
    back the same way I sent it in at this point. So far, this G-SYNC upgrade has not gone well for me.
    Not so sure I'll attempt a second go at it in the US when & if ASUS US Service finally gets G-SYNC
    replacement parts.
    @Bahz & @cl-Albert - Thank you both for helping me get my notebook back as is in US.

  3. #973
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    195

    @BAHZ

    My personal experience with the Asus G751JY G-sync upgrade.

    Waited 1 month.
    G-Sync working well (at least in the 5 minutes I tested it with the Pendulo nvidia demo and COD AW. Very smooth gameplay.
    CPU sligtly upgraded (from 4810HQ --> 4860HQ, Asus was legally bound to offer an equal or slightly better alternative, so everithing in order here, glad there is no 4850HQ in there)
    New motherboard (it has the m2 Pcie connector for SSD's, that wasn't there before, so at least there is justice in the world after I originally recived one without)

    So, everything in order right? Nope........unfortunaely with Asus tecnitians it seems something was bound to go wrong

    THE PROBLEM IS THE SUBWOOFER DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE
    I noticed it immediately since the sound is coming only from the left and right speakers sound is very 'shallow' :'(
    I tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling windows 10 x64 generic ones, and even the latest Realtek drivers from Asus support (Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017576), but to no avail.
    Tried all soundcard modes: stereo, quadrifonic (wicth worked great with the subwoofer before) and 5.1. Same results every time. NO SUBWOOFER sound at all.

    The question that arises in my mind is: WHY don't the Asus tech guys TEST the notebooks when they reassemble them?!

    Bahz, now there is a big dilemma in front of me:
    1) Open a ticket and send the notebook back AGAIN after not using it for 1 month? Not being able to use it for another month is not a great option for me.
    2) Disassemble the notebook myself and see if the problem is only in the Asus tecnitian that was too lazy to properly wire the subwoofer?

    Since so many had sound issues on this model (I counted myself as one of the lucky onse LOL), did someone resolve the muted subwoofer in another way (by installing alternative Realtek drivers?) or is it a hardware related problem?
    Any help would be appriciated so I am not forced to send back te notebook again. Thx.

    24/4/16 UPDATE - RESOLVED!!!
    As I suspected, some lazy or incompetent Asus tecnitian forgot to plug in the subwoofer cable into the motherboard while reassembeling the notebook.
    It's so true when they say it's getting harder and harder to get competent people to do their job right nowadays. Fortunately all is resolved for the better.

    P.S. If I was one of the bosses at Asus tecnical, and noticed the number of RMA's the company is getting due to SOUND and OVERHEAT problems (like we have been reading on this forum all year long),...what can I say, heads would roll. Most of this problems would never exist in the frst place if people did their jobs thoroughly.
    Last edited by ciccio80; 04-23-2016 at 03:33 PM.

  4. #974
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by ciccio80 View Post
    @BAHZ

    My personal experience with the Asus G751JY G-sync upgrade.

    Waited 1 month.
    G-Sync working well (at least in the 5 minutes I tested it with the Pendulo nvidia demo and COD AW. Very smooth gameplay.
    CPU sligtly upgraded (from 4810HQ --> 4860HQ, Asus was legally bound to offer an equal or slightly better alternative, so everithing in order here, glad there is no 4850HQ in there)
    New motherboard (it has the m2 Pcie connector for SSD's, that wasn't there before, so at least there is justice in the world after I originally recived one without)

    So, everything in order right? Nope........unfortunaely with Asus tecnitians it seems something was bound to go wrong

    THE PROBLEM IS THE SUBWOOFER DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE
    I noticed it immediately since the sound is coming only from the left and right speakers sound is very 'shallow' :'(
    I tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling windows 10 x64 generic ones, and even the latest Realtek drivers from Asus support (Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017576), but to no avail.
    Tried all soundcard modes: stereo, quadrifonic (wicth worked great with the subwoofer before) and 5.1. Same results every time. NO SUBWOOFER sound at all.

    The question that arises in my mind is: WHY don't the Asus tech guys TEST the notebooks when they reassemble them?!

    Bahz, now there is a big dilemma in front of me:
    1) Open a ticket and send the notebook back AGAIN after not using it for 1 month? Not being able to use it for another month is not a great option for me.
    2) Disassemble the notebook myself and see if the problem is only in the Asus tecnitian that was too lazy to properly wire the subwoofer?

    Since so many had sound issues on this model (I counted myself as one of the lucky onse LOL), did someone resolve the muted subwoofer in another way (by installing alternative Realtek drivers?) or is it a hardware related problem?
    Any help would be appriciated so I am not forced to send back te notebook again. Thx.
    I have had the same problem last September and needed to RMA it.

  5. #975
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star
    hexaae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    25
    Posts
    592

    Issue with speakers after re-assemby seems a common issue then...
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post588225
    Untrained technicians for the audio connectors? Sigh... RMA'ed in Milan (Italy).

  6. #976
    ROG Enthusiast Array Halil PC Specs
    Halil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardIntel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Haswell
    ProcessorMobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4750HQ, 3000 MHz (30 x 100)
    Memory (part number)24525 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3 GB)
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
    MonitorLG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 [17.3" LCD]
    Storage #1HDD - 2000 GB, 7200 RPM
    Storage #2SSD - 250 GB, Samsung 850 EVO
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chrome
    Headset SteelSeries Flux On-Ear
    Mouse Pad Razer Hard
    OS Windows® 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Halil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Hi Guys, I want to ask question i got G751JT 4710hq no g-sync i was bought in USA but i living in Turkey and i just saw this topic today so can i get upgrade ? to official g-sync ?
    and how can i get that my english not pretty well pls help me guys

  7. #977
    ROG Enthusiast Array Halil PC Specs
    Halil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardIntel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Haswell
    ProcessorMobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4750HQ, 3000 MHz (30 x 100)
    Memory (part number)24525 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3 GB)
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
    MonitorLG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 [17.3" LCD]
    Storage #1HDD - 2000 GB, 7200 RPM
    Storage #2SSD - 250 GB, Samsung 850 EVO
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chrome
    Headset SteelSeries Flux On-Ear
    Mouse Pad Razer Hard
    OS Windows® 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Halil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by TurkROG View Post
    Gents

    Yesterday , after waiting almost 45 days , i got my Asus with G-Sync , CPU 4710 , motherboard has been replaced completely , no data touched , just need to re-install clean installation of windows 10

    Thanks ...
    Dude are you living in Turkey ?? if you living Turkey can you contact with me ?

  8. #978
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Thanks for sharing the feedback guys, I'll make sure to highlight the issue regarding how the subwoofers weren't properly installed. Anyone else who has completed the G-SYNC upgrade, please do share your experience.

  9. #979
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for sharing the feedback guys, I'll make sure to highlight the issue regarding how the subwoofers weren't properly installed. Anyone else who has completed the G-SYNC upgrade, please do share your experience.
    oh,sureley not upgraded and sureley no response to my email, no paid info nothing ,since the poll startet. why is the escalation without a result?
    mfg

  10. #980
    ROG Enthusiast Array Halil PC Specs
    Halil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardIntel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Haswell
    ProcessorMobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4750HQ, 3000 MHz (30 x 100)
    Memory (part number)24525 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3 GB)
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
    MonitorLG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 [17.3" LCD]
    Storage #1HDD - 2000 GB, 7200 RPM
    Storage #2SSD - 250 GB, Samsung 850 EVO
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chrome
    Headset SteelSeries Flux On-Ear
    Mouse Pad Razer Hard
    OS Windows® 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Halil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for sharing the feedback guys, I'll make sure to highlight the issue regarding how the subwoofers weren't properly installed. Anyone else who has completed the G-SYNC upgrade, please do share your experience.
    Mr. Bahz,
    I bough this laptop in USA:
    Product Type : Notebook
    Product Model : G751JT
    Date of Purchase : 2015/10/02
    Operating System : Windows 8.1 64bit
    and this laptop got global warranty and Customer Service in Turkey they are saying to me this laptop is bought in USA in this subject about upgrade G-SYNC you must go USA we cant help you.
    can i get help i can give my phone number or can you contact Customer Service in Turkey ? i dont want to rush you but this upgrade program ends in 1 May.

Page 98 of 138 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •