View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array silverjoel07 PC Specs
    silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    In the age of global information and global instant communication (emails, chats, twits, facebook, electronic meting minutes notes, teleconferences, corporate internal communication systems, intranet systems, etc… name it) this thread really starts to look as bogus... or simply the sad joke or is just the incompetence deserved to be recorded at Guinness Book of Records!
    We have now 2 weeks… it’s like ages... Please remember that they should coordinate the program BEFORE publishing it here… and still these 2 weeks after the publication are not enough? And Asus USA is saying that it is bogus!? WTF?!

Bahz is admin? So why his Join Date to this forum is falsified and set “Jun 2020” – maybe he is “back from the future” or we should wait till 2020 for the retrofit program to start? However his first post at the forum is 6-th Aug 2015 09:15 – so quite “fresh” admin… 
    it seems mate you have an open mind. your REPLY is the best of all here.
    but let`s take a look at this point, I think one of us is the author of this case.
    I am looking for G-SYNC since the beginning and let me tell you something, we only got "SILENCE" from asus part after a year of war looking for a solution. now let`s assume someone here think in a better way to be listen by asus...
    I ALREADY KNOWS THAT WE CAN HAVE G-SYNC FOR G751JT/JY WITHOUT ANY HARDWARE BUT THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE WITH THE EYES CLOSED.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel07 View Post
    ... now let`s assume someone here think in a better way to be listen by asus...
    I am thinking about many different scenarios but IMHO this has a quite low probability… to be NOT NOTICED by moderators for 2 weeks… or since Aug 2015?

The other scenario is that Asus still wants to keep even internally “the secret” how about G-Sync is working at laptops and how is protected by hardware and software – especially that there is almost certain that Asus internal communication regarding G-sync is bunch of lies dictated by Nvidia. So quite a lot of people inside Asus might be surprised (mildly speaking)… being fooled. Very good cooperation… and corporate trust building…
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 02-11-2016 at 01:13 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

That's not open-mindedness, it's basic logic. Everyone sees that's bad for a company to have it's communications be this badly organized. Making jokes about an admin's join date isn't any funnier than the situation it's used to describe.

Stop spreading hate and pointless negativity, please, it helps nothing. Regardless of whether or not it's only software that's required, some of us are willing to pay for it anyways. What exactly do you hope to achieve by saying these things?

Yeah, we're pi**ed off at the negligence we've seen through time coming from these companies (and they're all responsible, not just ASUS) but acting this way isn't a better example to theirs.

For some other things, ASUS has delivered. For example, the sound issues - we asked for months, gave examples etc. and ASUS got Realtek to make a fix (this is what we were told) and it was indeed fixed in the end.

If anything, be mad at the industry as a whole that caused this scenario to be possible at all. At least we have options now, whereas we didn't before and were permanently stuck without G-SYNC either way.

@Sanctrum - Welcome to business, dude. There's no tin-foil-hat stuff needed here - companies are willing to keep their employees in the dark if it means business gets done, don't think that's ever really been deemed untrue.
    Last edited by Edweird; 02-11-2016 at 01:26 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So far this upgrade program is a bit of a shambles. If this doesn't get sorted soon I think I'll be put off Asus for a long while. Think my next notebook will be an MSI or Alienware - I'm sure they all have their problems but the customer service surely can't be as bad as Asus.

Alienware - maybe, but sometimes they fail pretty hard. Then again, a lot of the time they don't have these problems to begin with. Still, ASUS will always be better value for money for what you get at the moment of purchase.

MSI - no.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Edweird View Post
    . At least we have options now, whereas we didn't before and were permanently stuck without G-SYNC either way.
    But do we really?
    So far this upgrade program isn't go so well.
    Maybe Asus mean well but their regional support centres don't seem to have a clue.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array silverjoel07 PC Specs
    silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

Stop spreading hate and pointless negativity, please, it helps nothing. Regardless of whether or not it's only software that's required, some of us are willing to pay for it anyways. What exactly do you hope to achieve by saying these things?

Hey man it is not for money, I think $100 is good for license... but is not necessary to send our laptop to them.

For some other things, ASUS has delivered. For example, the sound issues - we asked for months, gave examples etc. and ASUS got Realtek to make a fix (this is what we were told) and it was indeed fixed in the end.

fixed?? when?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    But do we really?
    So far this upgrade program isn't go so well.
    Maybe Asus mean well but their regional support centres don't seem to have a clue.
    You are right. I am also hoping that the program is legit. I want to pay. However still none of the support center's actually confirmed it AFAIK.
    Currently we only have “high hopes” to have the options… These options has not been confirmed by anyone except Bahz yet… so it’s getting more and more strange every day. Hope that it will be sorted out (in positive way) soon after Chinese New Year holidays are finished…

Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel07 View Post

Hey man it is not for money, I think $100 is good for license... but is not necessary to send our laptop to them.

fixed?? when?
    The specific issue I am talking about was almost an year ago, the sound was disbalanced and the subwoofer was overpowering the smaller ones behind the screen. Realtek made new drivers, which fixed this issue by balancing the speakers and adding a new slider for subwoofer volume to the settings menu as WE requested, on these forums.

But this is off-topic...

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

I asked a Research Team at CBC TV { Market Place Team} where I work to look into the Asus G-Sync Program , they tell me there is no postings on AsusTwitter , AsusTek Computer Inc, AsusRog.com , Asus Face Book , Asus YouTube , or any Asus Forums except this one and receive no replys in their postings from Asus. Email and phone conversations from Asus Support Canada , Asus Support USA they received says there is No G-Sync Upgrade for Asus Laptops that do not support G-Sync. But in their conversation with Asus Service Centre In Toronto ca say there is an upgrade program , but can only be fulfilled through Asus Technical Support. Emails Sent To Head of Marketing for Asus Canada USA and VP of Asus Canada USA , received No Reply after 3 days Nor Did Asus Marketing or the VP of Asus USA Canada Return Calls Left by the CBC Market Place Team. The CBC TV Market Place Team is now in the process Of making this a News Story In Canada With a Global Reach {World Wide} . Any G751 owners that would like to Participate in the CBC Market Place Story please contact Market Place Here Country of Origin Is Unimportant. Market Place Is Relentless. Its Worth Your Time. CBC News Reports Asus HQ in Taiwan is Closed Due To Chinese New Year.
    http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/contactus/
    Last edited by toronto699; 02-11-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast