View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 39 of 138 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy View Post
    So you ring Asus in the UK asking about the retrofit, they say "I'm terribly sorry mate it's available only in the USA." No worries you say (f 'em you think) and
    give Asus USA a call. They tell you "So yeah we don't know watcha sayin' but we have it for sure but only in Texas!". Alright you say, we've all learnt
    from Rocky, life is not all sunshine and rainbows so screw it you call Matt McConaughey! He says "Hey buddy, it's Asus you know just chill. I'll tell you
    what. Why don't you ask them Alienware guys if they heard anything alright?". Deep down you know it's not a good idea but it's from Matthew McConaughey
    so hey you give it a shot. You call them Alienware guys - complain about the weather for a smoother start - and then get to the point. "G-sync?" they
    ask, "Look pal, we don't listen to pop s**t like N sync and G sync or whatever so why don't you go and ..." You hang up as you realise these overseas
    calls are gonna cost you a hell lot more than the retrofit itself. You sigh, grab a beer and slowly fall asleep listening to 'Losing my religion - by R.E.M.' ...
    That's a plan I'd live by.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy View Post
    So you ring Asus in the UK asking about the retrofit, they say "I'm terribly sorry mate it's available only in the USA." No worries you say (f 'em you think) and
    give Asus USA a call. They tell you "So yeah we don't know watcha sayin' but we have it for sure but only in Texas!". Alright you say, we've all learnt
    from Rocky, life is not all sunshine and rainbows so screw it you call Matt McConaughey! He says "Hey buddy, it's Asus you know just chill. I'll tell you
    what. Why don't you ask them Alienware guys if they heard anything alright?". Deep down you know it's not a good idea but it's from Matthew McConaughey
    so hey you give it a shot. You call them Alienware guys - complain about the weather for a smoother start - and then get to the point. "G-sync?" they
    ask, "Look pal, we don't listen to pop s**t like N sync and G sync or whatever so why don't you go and ..." You hang up as you realise these overseas
    calls are gonna cost you a hell lot more than the retrofit itself. You sigh, grab a beer and slowly fall asleep listening to 'Losing my religion - by R.E.M.' ...
    Give this man a medal! Or better, give him a G-sync upgrade for free LOL

ROG Member Array CLass PC Specs
    CLass PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G752VS
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Ranger VIII
    ProcessorIntel I7 6700K @ 4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 OC
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q WQHD 144Hz G-Sync 3DVision2
    Storage #1Samsung 840 PRO
    Storage #2Raid0 Velociraptors 600GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110
    CaseFractal R4
    Power SupplyEnermax Platimax 750W
    Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia Ghost
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    OS W10 x64

Yes, ASUS Germany is doing it!!

Happytime: Today ASUS Germany contacted me and they told me my Upgrade is available for 87,69Euros + Shipping!
    Im very excited, i asked about more Details and that im very Interested... I put a 2nd DDR RAM on my Mainboard, but not where the HDDs are, I teared down the complete Laptop and put in the Upper RAM Slot so I can use Dual-Channelling.
    Lets Hope they have no Problem with that...Ill post as soon as i have news..!

Quote Originally Posted by CLass View Post
    Happytime: Today ASUS Germany contacted me and they told me my Upgrade is available for 87,69Euros + Shipping!
    Im very excited, i asked about more Details and that im very Interested... I put a 2nd DDR RAM on my Mainboard, but not where the HDDs are, I teared down the complete Laptop and put in the Upper RAM Slot so I can use Dual-Channelling.
    Lets Hope they have no Problem with that...Ill post as soon as i have news..!
    Nice to hear, i also have this information but no email is incoming with payment details!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

probably ASUS UK sleeping they said the upgrade only for USA LOL

guys there is one thing my laptop i bought it from Germany and i live in Ireland and i contacted asus uk is that ok if i contact asus Germany maybe they gonna help me because asus uk they have no idea whats going on

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Only my point and recommendation.

Backup your data before sending your laptop.
    If the Asus Local Support don't know about the G-sync Upgrade, show them the thread.

Now concerning G-sync, people can face different issue using G-sync and this is not the fault of Asus but Mainly NVIDIA.
    NVIDIA included a new handshake security protocol to their kernel driver that often offer blue-screen error, not sure
    if they resolve the problem but don't be surprise, the problem is that, they are using a derouted kernel control that
    could make G-sync instable, because sometime the Windows Kernel can't translate some function and return a error.

If you have blackscreen issue, this is due to frame range and missing correct timing, to resolve this, check different drivers,
    this happen to SLI/Laptop platform, SLI because it need extra work, on laptop you mainly send command to the tcon controller.

Like I said they are a lot of alternative to resolve tearing/stutter issues, one of them can be include inside the game/app engine itself, long to explain everything but don't be surprise if G-sync doesn't work properly.

Enjoy your upgrade guys

Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Only my point and recommendation.

Backup your data before sending your laptop.
    If the Asus Local Support don't know about the G-sync Upgrade, show them the thread.

Now concerning G-sync, people can face different issue using G-sync and this is not the fault of Asus but Mainly NVIDIA.
    NVIDIA included a new handshake security protocol to their kernel driver that often offer blue-screen error, not sure
    if they resolve the problem but don't be surprise, the problem is that, they are using a derouted kernel control that
    could make G-sync instable, because sometime the Windows Kernel can't translate some function and return a error.

If you have blackscreen issue, this is due to frame range and missing correct timing, to resolve this, check different drivers,
    this happen to SLI/Laptop platform, SLI because it need extra work, on laptop you mainly send command to the tcon controller.

Like I said they are a lot of alternative to resolve tearing/stutter issues, one of them can be include inside the game/app engine itself, long to explain everything but don't be surprise if G-sync doesn't work properly.

Enjoy your upgrade guys
    show them thread ??

let me tell you mate
    today i replay asus uk because before they told me the upgrade for USA

and today i replay to them i told them i sent them this thread link i explain to them Bahz he told us yesterday he told asus uk about the upgrade

and here is their replay

Dear Mr Benyamin,

The information that I offered you is accurate and I can assure you that in the UK this feature is not available.

If you are want to form a complaint please access the link bellow and choose the complaint option and your request will be sent to my level 2 colleagues.

https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/Q...orm?lang=en-uk

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further issues or queries, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards
    Asus Technical Support UK

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Jesus i am lucky to be on Portugal...so many problems in other countries...

Well, they didn't lie. The upgrade CURRENTLY isn't available in the UK. It probably will be.

Page 39 of 138 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast