View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 57 of 138 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I don't see what the problem is. You pay for G-Sync, they give you G-Sync. Who cares if its a new MB or not.

ROG Enthusiast Array Drunkenninja PC Specs
    Drunkenninja PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751 JT
    MotherboardMobile Intel HM87 Express
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4710HQ
    Memory (part number)16 GB (DUAL)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970M
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 840 REVO 120GB
    Storage #2HITACHI TRAVELSTAR 7K1000 1TB
    Mouse RAZER NAGA HEX

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. You pay for G-Sync, they give you G-Sync. Who cares if its a new MB or not.
    I think it's more about honesty, we don't necessarily have to be informed of the process BUT if we are told that it involves a complete Motherboard replacement, that is what you expect, I reball GPU's as a hobby and would never tell a customer I did a complete reball of a GPU if I simply reflowed the BGA, basically any failure on the part of ASUS to execute the actions mentioned would be a complete betrayal of customer trust.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenninja View Post
    I think it's more about honesty, we don't necessarily have to be informed of the process BUT if we are told that it involves a complete Motherboard replacement, that is what you expect, I reball GPU's as a hobby and would never tell a customer I did a complete reball of a GPU if I simply reflowed the BGA, basically any failure on the part of ASUS to execute the actions mentioned would be a complete betrayal of customer trust.
    That's exactly what I think. Thank you Drunkenninja

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Well, since they literally phoned me personally from the local service center to confirm and explicitly said that the motherboard needs to be changed and that the component - the motherboard - will be ordered direct from the supplier to do this; then I would expect them to do just that. They mentioned nothing about G-SYNC, the lady on the phone literally said "you asked for the motherboard upgrade on your ASUS laptop, yes?".

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

They don't change mb, even in the technical or w/e paper which I received with laptop is written that they "upgraded the motherboard to support G-Sync" more or less. Anyway, G-Sync works and it's really good, but I'm so mad cause of CPU temps, 2 cores are so high 94-97°C all the time during gaming.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boxis View Post
    They don't change mb, even in the technical or w/e paper which I received with laptop is written that they "upgraded the motherboard to support G-Sync" more or less. Anyway, G-Sync works and it's really good, but I'm so mad cause of CPU temps, 2 cores are so high 94-97°C all the time during gaming.
    Boxis try Rog Spark, it could help temp, I know that I said to users that they should try it, but I honestly think
    that it could help lot of users issue , not the perfect tool but try my best

ROG Member Array

It is more of a problem if the upgrade only consists of a BIOS flash which can be done in 5 minutes, for free.
    Charging +100€ for that is dishonest.
    It would be like a garage changed your whole car engine, when a simple oil change could have done the job.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

My G-Sync is OK ....but this lie that they will change motherboard ......it is big minus for ASUS Liar company..
    boxis my max temperature - during playing GTA5 is 79-82 for CPU and 68 for GPU i have G751JT
    Last edited by viper3000; 03-08-2016 at 10:31 PM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kommandoh View Post
    It is more of a problem if the upgrade only consists of a BIOS flash which can be done in 5 minutes, for free.
    Charging +100€ for that is dishonest.
    It would be like a garage changed your whole car engine, when a simple oil change could have done the job.
    Well, it definitely wouldn't be free. G-Sync is licensed from Nvidia so they have to be paid.

I have a couple of theories but they are really just wild guesses:

It's possible that existing systems can be modded (with software/hardware/firmware) but that they typically don't in the interest of time. It may be more expedient to simply swap the board and send the system back to the customer. But if the shop doesn't have a spare board on hand they could perform the mod on the customer's own board and send it back out. That might explain why some people had boards replaced and others did not.

Either that or perhaps the board changed at some point so some may require replacement while others only need a firmware update.

Anyway, ASUS set a price for a G-Sync upgrade and people simply have to choose whether it is worth it or not. Full stop. We'll never know how much of that goes to Nvidia, how much is for administration of the upgrade program, and how much is spent on the actual upgrade. So worrying about it gets people nowhere.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Ex-employee Array

All the information I've ever provided was of course provided to me by the team responsible for this program. I have been looped in emails where the service teams asking about how to order for the motherboards so even I am confused on what's going on. I'll get to the bottom of this and provide an update once everything is clear.

Page 57 of 138 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast