View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 100 of 138 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1371
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Well you had to pay the 20% taxes on the notebook when you brought it back in from USA (doesn't matter if you had the notebook shipped in a box or if you unboxed it and put it in your backpack, you still had to go to customs in Turkey at arrival and pay the 20% tax (as import).
    I assume you didn't? If it is like that, it would explain why you can't send it back to the USA.
    So you are pretty much without options i'm afraid, unless Asus Turkey takes your notebook somehow for an update themselfs :/

ROG Enthusiast Array Halil PC Specs
    Halil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardIntel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Haswell
    ProcessorMobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4750HQ, 3000 MHz (30 x 100)
    Memory (part number)24525 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3 GB)
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
    MonitorLG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 [17.3" LCD]
    Storage #1HDD - 2000 GB, 7200 RPM
    Storage #2SSD - 250 GB, Samsung 850 EVO
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chrome
    Headset SteelSeries Flux On-Ear
    Mouse Pad Razer Hard
    OS Windows® 10 Pro 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio80 View Post
    Well you had to pay the 20% taxes on the notebook when you brought it back in from USA (doesn't matter if you had the notebook shipped in a box or if you unboxed it and put it in your backpack, you still had to go to customs in Turkey at arrival and pay the 20% tax (as import).
    I assume you didn't? If it is like that, it would explain why you can't send it back to the USA.
    So you are pretty much without options i'm afraid, unless Asus Turkey takes your notebook somehow for an update themselfs :/
    dude i dont have to pay tax if laptop came with me on backpack or suitcase or my hand but if laptop came alone customs house will take laptop to lock cage and if you want to get it back you must pay %20 price it's mean 250 usd it's 700 Turkish liras and if you get your salary on Turkish liras 700 TRY like 700 USD
    and cargo price 100+USD + Upgrade price too much expensive for me i am student.
    and you wrote "(doesn't matter if you had the notebook shipped in a box or if you unboxed it and put it in your backpack, you still had to go to customs in Turkey at arrival and pay the 20% tax "
    it's matter in Turkey i wrote men if laptop with you you dont pay tax(if you buy 4 laptop or more then you must pay) but if laptop came alone i mean order in Amazon or some friends sending you or in this subject (G-Sync Upgrade) then if you must pay tax

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Asoryu, it's better to post in a separate thread with pictures if possible about the screw issue if you're still interested (you could send me a PM, but don't think you can include pictures, so posting in a thread will be better for pictures), but if you can tell me which model you have and a picture indicating the location of the screw, I may be able to grab one from our test unit if we have the same model and it's not too difficult to get to.

Also, I believe many of our screws are standard metric screws that you could find at a hardware store, so you can probably find these elsewhere too.

Thanks.
    You see that is the problem. I didn't lose a screw, I didn't even ask about a screw. My ticket was only about the ASUS upgrade for GSYNC.

Yet somehow they responded to me about losing a screw from another customers ticket? ASUS failed at the simplest of tasks, it's no wonder they can't handle anything even mildly complex when it comes to problem resolution.
    To further complicate the issue now that I've got them responding to the right ticket, they have no clue about part availability or event that a shortage exists. Just a response that that I better hurry and send it in before this expires.

Not feeling really good about this at all.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Asoryu View Post
    You see that is the problem. I didn't lose a screw, I didn't even ask about a screw. My ticket was only about the ASUS upgrade for GSYNC.
    Apologize for not catching that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Asoryu View Post
    To further complicate the issue now that I've got them responding to the right ticket, they have no clue about part availability or event that a shortage exists. Just a response that that I better hurry and send it in before this expires.
    You may already know and actually should have received a notice (yesterday?) that you will be notified to send in your notebook when the part becomes available, so let me know if you didn't see it since we want to be able to reach you later if and when the part does arrive.
    Sorry if this may make you a little uncomfortable from a privacy standpoint, but I believe I can see your RMA in our system and on our 'wait list'.
    Someone should be checking with you about the i7-4710HQ/i7-4750HQ cpu issue later as well, but feel free to contact me by PM if it's necessary.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 04-26-2016 at 05:16 PM.

ROG Member Array

I have just got my laptop back from the repair after the botched attempt at the g-sync upgrade.
    Motherboard and LCD replaced again according to the parts list, additionally the keyboard and touchpad was replaced!
    The LCD had the same part number as the one which did have G-Sync. MB has a different model number( 90NB06F1-R00040 ).

But it seems like I still do not have G-Sync https://goo.gl/photos/p9Jtpe8UNpJRCVUx5
    The monitor is showing as Generic 60Hz.

This is crazy.
    Last edited by DomGolby; 04-27-2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added MB model number

Quote Originally Posted by DomGolby View Post
    I have just got my laptop back from the repair after the botched attempt at the g-sync upgrade.
    Motherboard and LCD replaced again according to the parts list, additionally the keyboard and touchpad was replaced!
    The LCD had the same part number as the one which did have G-Sync. MB has a different model number( 90NB06F1-R00040 ).

But it seems like I still do not have G-Sync https://goo.gl/photos/p9Jtpe8UNpJRCVUx5
    The monitor is showing as Generic 60Hz.

This is crazy.
    from the pic you posted, try Display setting, "change resolution.

"1: Select the display you would like to change."

It will show you a display picture with an indication of what type of display it is.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    from the pic you posted, try Display setting, "change resolution.

"1: Select the display you would like to change."

It will show you a display picture with an indication of what type of display it is.
    http://i.imgur.com/o0DSyWv.png

No sign of G-Sync and I apparently got a membership to the high temp club http://i.imgur.com/fwBF371.png
    (also like I said the panel is the same model as the one I got when the upgrade was performed so I presume it's an incompatible motherboard I have been given for the "repair")

Good news though, I can turn the volume up to 100% without it having that horrendous speaker rattle...
    Last edited by DomGolby; 04-27-2016 at 06:07 PM.

No sign of G-Sync and I apparently got a membership to the high temp club http://i.imgur.com/fwBF371.png
    (also like I said the panel is the same model as the one I got when the upgrade was performed so I presume it's an incompatible motherboard I have been given for the "repair")

Good news though, I can turn the volume up to 100% without it having that horrendous speaker rattle...
    CRAP!!!!!!

No G-Sync!

ROG Enthusiast Array

They won't do anything about the high temps, even though the engineers confirmed i have extremely high temps and it needs fixing, ASUS told them not to do anything about it so they just returned it. still haven't heard anything back from bahz or the team. Wonder how JON G is getting on?

YM

Ex-employee Array

Did you contact customer service of this issue? I believe you're the first person so far that actually had the G-SYNC upgrade completed and G-SYNC not working afterwards. Have you tried cleaning all your graphics drivers and also checking settings in BIOS?

Page 100 of 138 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast