View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

someone can set a mark on the gpu and see if i
    t was changed...lol

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

The only thing preventing us with the G751 laptop from running G-Sync is a few lines of code in the BIOS as the leaked beta of G-SYNC worked perfectly on my G751JY laptop without any "retro-fit" required. nVidia has made it so that there needs to be a few lines of code in the BIOS in order to enable G-SYNC so that they can get the 100 dollar licencing fee from ASUS on each laptop even though the actual hardware remains unaltered. This means that Asus, in concert with nVidia, is asking for 100 bucks to flash a slightly altered bios. If ASUS truly cared about their customers they would let us flash the modified BIOS ourselves and not bother with us having to send in the laptop and pay money for them to do it for us. That is some serious capitalism going on here people...

I would like to have G-SYNC on my laptop but for 100 plus shipping to get a couple of lines of code changed on my BIOS and possibly video card BIOS is not worth it as adaptive vsync seems to do a very similar job. I hope that once someone gets their laptop kitted with the necessary BIOS(s) that they will share them with the rest of us so we don't all have to go through this cost/time hullabaloo.
    Last edited by Exostenza; 01-29-2016 at 05:10 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    The only thing preventing us with the G751 laptop from running G-Sync is a few lines of code in the BIOS as the leaked beta of G-SYNC worked perfectly on my G751JY laptop without any "retro-fit" required. nVidia has made it so that there needs to be a few lines of code in the BIOS in order to enable G-SYNC so that they can get the 100 dollar licencing fee from ASUS on each laptop even though the actual hardware remains unaltered. This means that Asus, in concert with nVidia, is asking for 100 bucks to flash a slightly altered bios. If ASUS truly cared about their customers they would let us flash the modified BIOS ourselves and not bother with us having to send in the laptop and pay money for them to do it for us. That is some serious capitalism going on here people...

I would like to have G-SYNC on my laptop but for 100 plus shipping to get a couple of lines of code changed on my BIOS and possibly video card BIOS is not worth it as adaptive vsync seems to do a very similar job. I hope that once someone gets their laptop kitted with the necessary BIOS(s) that they will share them with the rest of us so we don't all have to go through this cost/time hullabaloo.
    If you think so.

Bull****!!! They can't do it this way even if it's technically possible, as:
    1. The persons like you would steal it. (Rethink your life and your attitude).
    2. They would be also offically distributing not their IP - you know, it's not China. We have IP. Companies CAN"T brake IP or will just get annihilated at the global market.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Could someone please write here after they have got a positive reply from the customer's service ?

Thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoStorm View Post
    If you think so.
    So thwn how do you explain the beta drivers for GSYNC working perfectly on the G751JY as tested by myself and many others and the new drivers being found that they look for a certain ID on the GPU to enable it? That is all it takes is a few lines of code to enable it.

That is all it takes is a few lines of code to enable it.
    That's correct, but ASUS can't modify NVidia drivers, and NVidia won't do that for us.
    ASUS will have to physically alter HWID and BIOS to comply with NVidia Gsync "copyright protection" and enable Gsync.

I'm very interested in this program, looks like ASUS listened to the customers after all I'm impressed

New ROGer Array

Interested, live in Quebec, Canada

ROG Enthusiast Array Akik82 PC Specs
    Akik82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY-T7052H
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4710HQ
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
    Storage #1SSD M.2 PCIE 256GB
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    Mouse Steelseries Diablo III
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Diablo III
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Asus ROG Backpack

Interested, live in France.

So thwn how do you explain the beta drivers for GSYNC working perfectly on the G751JY as tested by myself and many others and the new drivers being found that they look for a certain ID on the GPU to enable it? That is all it takes is a few lines of code to enable it.
    I tried it on my friend's G751 and we get black screens in every single game almost, it doesn't just only happen when it's under 30FPS as well. So much for it working... Again if it's that simple why are people still here and willing to send back their laptops? Let's just wait a few months later and if you're still believing in your theory and this program is no longer available then you're just going to be without a working G-Sync laptop, it's pretty simple. Yeah so good luck waiting for someone to write in that few lines of code for you which you have no clue about and it will give you a free working solution to fix this. Good luck, seriously, I mean it.
    Last edited by InfernoStorm; 01-30-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast