View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 117 of 138 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1371
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eleftherios View Post
    Pardon the laziness i'm about to exhibit, i've cut my left thumb and im 1 thumb typing this on a note 3. The Mrs decided to put my unsheathed hunting blade in my coin draw...

I've finally had a chance to install a few games - the g-sync seems to perform well, some stuttering.
    I have received artifacting in black ops 3 and h1z1 which ive never had before and i mean full blow fried pixels of death i use to see in old 3dmark way back in 2005.
    My temps ate hitting over 90 degrees with cool ambient temps and a laptop stand (aircon is on).

I have less than 1 month worth of warranty left, i have checked game integrity and drivers. Im on a clean install.

Should I RMA and if they took more than 3 weeks to replace gpu will i be charged??
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. If the G-SYNC upgrade is not working properly you won't be charged any additional costs, please contact support again and let them know of your findings. Simply start a new RMA for this and if there are any problems, pass me the RMA number and I'll escalate the issue internally and make sure it gets resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Bahz

ROG Member Array

Thanks for the response Bahz. I am very doubtful the upgrade is to blame. I will try and resolve it before lodging an RMA.

New ROGer Array Klone PC Specs
    Klone PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JT
    MotherboardRampage III Extreme
    ProcessorX5650
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980 TI
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorPG279Q

I just got my G751JT back from upgrade (I am from Denmark and it was send to Sweden for the upgrade). They did an upgrade/modification on the existing motherboard as I understand it (CPU is still a i7-4710HQ) - so it seems not everywhere are you getting a new motherboard.

Everything seems fine but I was wondering which software other people used to test temperatures on CPU and GPU? I think mine is good but would like to test in a similar fashion as what other people have done.

Another thing - in my initial request to Asus I asked if they could move 1 RAM module (8GB) from one of the accessible slots to one of the non-accessible slots (my model was born with 1x8GB RAM module) - Asus service told me on phone this was not possible and I should remove the RAM module I had inserted myself before sending in the computer.
    When the repair center had performed the upgrade to G-Sync they wrote to me and told they could not find the RAM module they were supposed to move - however they were willing to let me send in the module so they could put it in one of the internal/non-accessible memory slots - I did this and they put it in, just not sure why Asus told me it could not be done - but I am happy it was possible after all.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

the right hand has no idea what the left is doing...

New ROGer Array

Bahz, any update for motherboards with i7-4720hq processors for G751JT? Thanks in advance.

New ROGer Array

I've just wanted to ask you, @Bahz, about warranty. Is it going to be extended after G-Sync upgrade, even for laptops in which the standard warranty period has already expired?
    What about people, that still have valid warranty for their laptops?

I'm asking because the warranty is tied to the serial number of the laptop and (afaik) the motherboard.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos g751jt.jpg  

Last edited by deathnoise; 06-28-2016 at 06:13 PM.

ROG Member Array

G-Sync upgrade done successfully in South Africa

Hi All

So my upgrade was delayed a bit because I had to spend 4 weeks in Malawi but I managed to take the laptop in yesterday. The guys did all the necessary work and the laptop is running well. I have not yet had the chance to put it through it's paces but so far on 3DMark it looks very smooth.

I want to thank Bahz for all your help, Africa isn't always the friendliest of places to get things done but this was relatively painless.

Works as advertised :-)

Thanks again!

ROG Member Array

I have been offered a replacement machine due to the excessive wait for parts for my latest repair.

The "compensation team" have been in touch and offered me the same model and specs but didn't mention anything about G-SYNC so I asked them about that and they said it did have G-SYNC.
    These are classed as refurbished machines but haven't actually made it to end users and sent back by distributors due to parts missing from the boxes.
    For anyone wondering, the current warranty will transfer over to the new unit.
    At that point I said I would accept it and received another reply to expect courier notification.

However, just out of curiosity I have checked the repair status and it now displays as product repair is in progress so I assume I am getting back my original machine, or what's left of it after 4 or so repairs.
    Since it's been 3 months I had to buy another computer to use anyway so I don't even know how I feel about this but "compensated" doesn't come close.

ROG Member Array

Wait what I want in

I'd be very interested in this - ive submitted a ticket. Is there anything else I have to do?

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by jonshock View Post
    I'd be very interested in this - ive submitted a ticket. Is there anything else I have to do?
    If you're located in the U.S., feel free to send me a PM later at cl-Albert to make sure you're on the 'list', but once you're on the list, customer service should email you when it's time for you to send back your notebook.
    Apologies to the U.S. customers about the delay, but we're still working on getting these upgrades completed, so it will take a bit longer.
    For the U.S. customers who aren't on the list yet and interested in the G-sync upgrade, make sure to do this before the deadline. Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 06-29-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Page 117 of 138 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast