View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 120 of 138 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1371
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JT

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    UPDATE 8 (June 6, 2016)
    I received internal update that the i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JY models have arrived to our warehouse hub in China and each country should now be able to place order for the parts. The i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JT models will be arriving soon.
    Hello @Bahz,

Apparently,Asus Israel did NOT heard or read your statement that "The i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JT models will be arriving soon.".
    So after a month long of debating with them, they told me that they can only offer i7-4750HQ G-sync upgrade for my G751JT.

They did responded at all to my request to be added to a "waiting list" and gave me an ultimatum of one week starting today to reply with a yes/no to the i7-4750HQ upgrade offer - this is absurd.

Also there is the win10 Issue, as follows:
    as you probably know, win10 free upgrade, is available will 29th Jul ( according to official MS announcements )
    I've already upgrade my OEM win8 to win10 ( long time ago, pre G-sync upgrade )
    BUT, Asus (Israel) told me that they'll return the laptop with Win8 - even though I let them know about the following issue:
    As you probably know, win10 license is saved on MS servers - BUT IT IS BASED ON THE MOTHERBOARD SERIAL NUMBER, which is CHANGED DURING THE G-SYNC UPGRADE.
    Even if I submit, my laptop, today, i'll get it back AFTER the 29 Jul, so i'll be left with NO ability to upgrade to win10 ( for FREE ).
    I though that you said that during the G-sync upgrade the laptop will be return with SAME OR BETTER HW... it must be also true for the SW.
    it is just NOT LOGICAL/FAIR that the G-sync upgrade will HURT/LOWER my current asset, i.e Win10 genuine OEM activation for my G751JT.

Can you please intervene and contact Asus Israel about these two issues ?

P.S - I've already sent you a PM with Asus "case number".

Much oblige,
    Gps3dx

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    I can't understand how this can be such a problem.
    Just remove all the original drives from the laptop and install a cheap hard drive.
    When the upgrade is done, remove the hard drive and install the removed hard drives.
    Problem solved!
    If i remember correctly, someone did that and asus did not like that. ill just save it

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    Hello @Bahz,

Apparently,Asus Israel did NOT heard or read your statement that "The i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JT models will be arriving soon.".
    So after a month long of debating with them, they told me that they can only offer i7-4750HQ G-sync upgrade for my G751JT.

They did responded at all to my request to be added to a "waiting list" and gave me an ultimatum of one week starting today to reply with a yes/no to the i7-4750HQ upgrade offer - this is absurd.

Also there is the win10 Issue, as follows:
    as you probably know, win10 free upgrade, is available will 29th Jul ( according to official MS announcements )
    I've already upgrade my OEM win8 to win10 ( long time ago, pre G-sync upgrade )
    BUT, Asus (Israel) told me that they'll return the laptop with Win8 - even though I let them know about the following issue:
    As you probably know, win10 license is saved on MS servers - BUT IT IS BASED ON THE MOTHERBOARD SERIAL NUMBER, which is CHANGED DURING THE G-SYNC UPGRADE.
    Even if I submit, my laptop, today, i'll get it back AFTER the 29 Jul, so i'll be left with NO ability to upgrade to win10 ( for FREE ).
    I though that you said that during the G-sync upgrade the laptop will be return with SAME OR BETTER HW... it must be also true for the SW.
    it is just NOT LOGICAL/FAIR that the G-sync upgrade will HURT/LOWER my current asset, i.e Win10 genuine OEM activation for my G751JT.

Can you please intervene and contact Asus Israel about these two issues ?

P.S - I've already sent you a PM with Asus "case number".

Much oblige,
    Gps3dx
    Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had to go through, I've already passed the information over to our service team yesterday to follow up on this case.

New ROGer Array

Hey Bahz I experienced the same issue when dealing with ASUS UAE. After confirming the 4750HQ replacement they said it would take 3 weeks, it has just been over two months now and I have received no update. The only reason I agreed to the 4750 was because the 4710 would not be in stock for 2 months... and now 2 months have passed with 0 progress. I've quoted my case number below, will you be able to help clear the situation with the local team?

Case=E1605014870; ASUS Service No=E1605021943
    Last edited by Cantorous; 07-13-2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cantorous View Post
    Hey Bahz I experienced the same issue when deal with ASUS UAE. After confirming the 4750HQ replacement they said it would take 3 weeks, it has just been over two months now and I have received no update. The only reason I agreed to the 4750 was because the 4710 would not be in stock for 2 months... and now 2 months have passed with 0 progress. I've quoted my case number below, will you be able to help clear the situation with the local team?
    this is why i contacting my support in germany in thinking that during the upgrade something going wrong...
    this mr. answer that there is no probs with upgrade that is why he sending me mail and payment info.
    his words are all are beautyfull and hey when u are not will this upgrade all beautyfull too....blabla
    sometimes i got bad feelings when i think about this programm and the complete development of this!
    the baddest is that all the bad experiences from the users ,from asus done with,this are all individual events.

New ROGer Array

upgrade in Peru?

hi im also interested, i alredy send the email, im not sure if this will apply to Peru too, does it?
    thank you

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Dansolo40 View Post
    hi im also interested, i alredy send the email, im not sure if this will apply to Peru too, does it?
    thank you
    yes

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DomGolby View Post
    I have been offered a replacement machine due to the excessive wait for parts for my latest repair.

The "compensation team" have been in touch and offered me the same model and specs but didn't mention anything about G-SYNC so I asked them about that and they said it did have G-SYNC.
    These are classed as refurbished machines but haven't actually made it to end users and sent back by distributors due to parts missing from the boxes.
    For anyone wondering, the current warranty will transfer over to the new unit.
    At that point I said I would accept it and received another reply to expect courier notification.

However, just out of curiosity I have checked the repair status and it now displays as product repair is in progress so I assume I am getting back my original machine, or what's left of it after 4 or so repairs.
    Since it's been 3 months I had to buy another computer to use anyway so I don't even know how I feel about this but "compensated" doesn't come close.
    I got the refurb machine delivered on Monday, it doesn't have G-SYNC. It also has speaker rattle. The employee was informed incorrectly about G-SYNC because the engineer thought G-SYNC could be enabled by a BIOS update! I think he must have read this thread...
    It's now been 4 months since my laptop was picked up for the first upgrade, I've had a couple of abysmal repairs and another machine and still don't have a working machine with G-SYNC.

ROG Member Array

Just hoping...

Hello tomorrow my g751 will be fetched and upgraded. After reading this thread today, I really hope Asus Germany learned a lot and I don't get any of the problems I read about in this thread. Cross your fingers for me .

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

good luck are not the right words...hope it for you

Page 120 of 138 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast