View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 81 of 138 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

I would like to thank all those who are staying postive and being supportive on this thread.

@Jon G
    I'm very sorry again for what you have to go through. I did escalate the issue to upper management and they've passed out a directive to make sure that we're not asking for people to ship in the laptops until we have the parts on hand. I'm going to keep following up on the situation and hopefully the parts will be in stock soon.

@BloodyEGO
    I totally respect your opinions, it's understandable as I've met a lot of people from certain countries where the service is absolutely horrendous. People don't trust any company or 3rd party service because service is not valued much in their country.

As you all may have read, the program deadline is now set to the end of July, I'm hoping this gives ample time for everyone to send in their laptops for the upgrade. If there are any further delays, we'll definitely consider about extending the program deadline again. As mentioned by a few of you, there's actually a lot of people who already completed the upgrade but didn't come back on the forum to share their experience. This is also one of the reasons why there's a shortage of stock because the demand and popularity of the upgrade program has far exceeded what we originally forecasted based on initial information.

We're not here to make excuses and we feel that this program is a great learninng experience for us and it'll be beneficial for the company as a whole when we do plan to offer another similar type of program in the future.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I would like to thank all those who are staying postive and being supportive on this thread.

@Jon G
    I'm very sorry again for what you have to go through. I did escalate the issue to upper management and they've passed out a directive to make sure that we're not asking for people to ship in the laptops until we have the parts on hand. I'm going to keep following up on the situation and hopefully the parts will be in stock soon.

@BloodyEGO
    I totally respect your opinions, it's understandable as I've met a lot of people from certain countries where the service is absolutely horrendous. People don't trust any company or 3rd party service because service is not valued much in their country.

As you all may have read, the program deadline is now set to the end of July, I'm hoping this gives ample time for everyone to send in their laptops for the upgrade. If there are any further delays, we'll definitely consider about extending the program deadline again. As mentioned by a few of you, there's actually a lot of people who already completed the upgrade but didn't come back on the forum to share their experience. This is also one of the reasons why there's a shortage of stock because the demand and popularity of the upgrade program has far exceeded what we originally forecasted based on initial information.

We're not here to make excuses and we feel that this program is a great learninng experience for us and it'll be beneficial for the company as a whole when we do plan to offer another similar type of program in the future.

yeah, thanks for your understanding, if there will be another program done in the future, maybe i ll go with that. although by that time, my laptop will be obsolete and the next program will refer to a more recent for that time machine.
    meanwhile, maybe you can answer my question: is there anyway for me to send my laptop to Holland? since so far they seem the only ones who take this thing seriously and the risk is minimal to face issues before and after the upgrade?

New ROGer Array

Just got info from asus

Really pleaced with asus support !
    Write then yesterday and got a replying today that they indeed do the refurb for the price 1500 swedish kroner.. i dont think that is bad to get upgraded but I need to send pc to sweden
    Question is now what do they change ? Cant find a clear reply that

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Sent my G751JY on 25 March 2016 (ITALY -> HOLLAND).
    At present (6 Apr 2016), ASUS tracker says:
    G751JY 2016/03/31 [WB1] Wait for Material/Spare Parts
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-06-2016 at 12:06 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Sent my G751JY on 25 March 2016 (ITALY -> HOLLAND).
    At present (6 Apr 2016), ASUS tracker says:
    G751JY 2016/03/31 [WB1] Wait for Material/Spare Parts

We're on the same boat. I sent mine on 31/03/2016.

ROG Enthusiast Array Drunkenninja PC Specs
    Drunkenninja PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751 JT
    MotherboardMobile Intel HM87 Express
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4710HQ
    Memory (part number)16 GB (DUAL)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970M
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 840 REVO 120GB
    Storage #2HITACHI TRAVELSTAR 7K1000 1TB
    Mouse RAZER NAGA HEX

Got my laptop back today, but dirty, and same motherboard but Gsych is enabled.

Good Job Asus Czech repair centre, also thanks to Bahz for putting all the effort in to give customers what they want.

Just gotta work out how this gsync works now

Total time from leaving my home to being delivered was around 5-6 working days...
    Last edited by Drunkenninja; 04-06-2016 at 08:10 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey, Just another update, got my laptop back today, MB hasn't changed I think still got a 4710 but Gsync has been enabled. unfortunately like one of the other guys on this thread my Temps are crazy now, hitting 80 on idle not touching or doing anything. and when playing a game it hits close to 97 fans are still on they won't idle down. lets see how it goes.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Today I received the RMA # for the G-Sync upgrade on my G751 JT laptop.

ASUS Service Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada will be doing the upgrade.

Now I hope I can drop off the laptop there to save the shipping cost!
    Last edited by Cheetah; 04-07-2016 at 12:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

Why should I be paying for your problem?

I'm sorry to report that the part needed to process the G-Sync upgrade is currently out of stock and there is no ETA at this time. We plan on refunding you the upgrade fee and return the unit w/out the upgrade. We will add you to a wait list and contact you again once the part is available to see if you are still interested in the upgrade. I'm emailing you to advise you of this, but I also wanted to let you know that the Tech has diagnosed the unit as needing the LED Cable replaced and the OS reloaded. Since the unit is out of warranty, payment would be required in order to proceed with these repairs. I wanted to check if you would like me to quote you for these repairs or if you would just like the unit returned as is. Please advise.

Best regards,
    Megan
    ASUS

I've been waiting for more than a month and hoping it's finally done. But got this... This is not acceptable especially I confirmed with custom service before I sent out my Laptop. Asus will be losing customers by doing this to us.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I live in Israel, what can I do ? G751JT the first version

Page 81 of 138 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast