View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 64 of 138 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

CRAP!!!! So no upgrade for me????

Dear Fedur

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
    My name is Seven and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I understand you want to update G-sync.

I am not sure if we will support this upgrade service in the future, so far we haven't support it. Even though we support it by soon, the G-SYNC upgrade is not available in all the countries/regions and unfortunately this upgrade currently hasn't been officially accounced to all the Local service centers, please try to contact the local service center to confirm if they support or not.
    Sincerely sorry.
    Thank you for understanding!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again for assistance.
    An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Please be sure to rate the service I provided to you today.

Best Regards,
    Seven M

ASUS Technical Support
    http://www.asus.com/us/support/

DISCLAIMER - All statements, written, illustrated -graphics or any type of content/information present within these emails (s) are considered "off the record"/ confidential and not for publication. All information contained is direct privileged communication between the sender and recipient.
    This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct consent from the sender.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lolisaiahlol View Post
    CRAP!!!! So no upgrade for me????

Dear Fedur

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
    My name is Seven and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I understand you want to update G-sync.

I am not sure if we will support this upgrade service in the future, so far we haven't support it. Even though we support it by soon, the G-SYNC upgrade is not available in all the countries/regions and unfortunately this upgrade currently hasn't been officially accounced to all the Local service centers, please try to contact the local service center to confirm if they support or not.
    Sincerely sorry.
    Thank you for understanding!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again for assistance.
    An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Please be sure to rate the service I provided to you today.

Best Regards,
    Seven M

ASUS Technical Support
    http://www.asus.com/us/support/

DISCLAIMER - All statements, written, illustrated -graphics or any type of content/information present within these emails (s) are considered "off the record"/ confidential and not for publication. All information contained is direct privileged communication between the sender and recipient.
    This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct consent from the sender.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.
    Lolisaiahlol,
    I'm in the US and I already received an RMA # & instructions to send in my out of warranty G751JY for this G-SYNC upgrade service.
    Try contacting ASUS US support again, it took me 3 email requests before I finally got the okay.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear. You misunderstand me. I made no judgment on whether a module is or should be necessary, or regarding its ultimate purpose. I only repeated Nvidia's reasons and left it up to the reader as to whether to believe them. I don't work for Nvidia or ASUS so I have no special knowledge. It could be the modern equivalent of a dongle for all I know.

What I know is that Nvidia will only license specific hardware. Their drivers are looking for hardware and won't run G-Sync unless it matches. diogogmaio's motherboard was replaced so perhaps ASUS is adding a module. Otherwise why bother? Maybe it's actually a GPU update with authorized hardware. Doesn't really matter since the upgrade is not offered for self-service.

Yes ASUS *could* implement FreeSync or something that implements adaptive sync. It's also likely that doing so to cut Nvidia out would harm the relationship between the two companies and might violate a prior contractual obligation. You honestly think that if ASUS implemented adaptive sync on Nvidia GPUs that Nvidia would do nothing?

Also, if you guys want to have a discussion about the politics of G-Sync I'd be happy to split the relevant comments to another thread. This thread is about the upgrade program logistics so this conversation should never have started here.
    So If you actually do not have a clue what are the facts and what are the reasons... please do not write misleading speculations as facts... You are TeamROG Moderator, you are representing this Forum... If something is just speculations it must be clear. Because if someone just reads your statements they understood them as FACTS as written by the authority Moderator. Thank you.

Also please note that is it perfectly clear that the 'mess' is done by Nvidia... So we will not involve Asus in this subject. I will aslo not comment again regarding the G-Sync 'technology' here except the situation if any Forum official is writning something 'opposite' to the facts as this is misinformation.
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 03-12-2016 at 09:39 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    So If you actually do not have a clue what are the facts and what are the reasons... please do not write misleading speculations as facts... You are TeamROG Moderator, you are representing this Forum... If something is just speculations it must be clear. Because if someone just reads your statements they understood them as FACTS as written by the authority Moderator. Thank you.

Also please note that is it perfectly clear that the 'mess' is done by Nvidia... So we will not involve Asus in this subject. I will aslo not comment again regarding the G-Sync 'technology' here except the situation if any Forum official is writning something 'opposite' to the facts as this is misinformation.
    There’s really nothing wrong with what Xeromist said. Who said that because he’s a moderator that everyone thinks he represents Asus? Anyone that’s frequently on other manufacturer forums knows that being a moderator doesn’t mean he/she represents the company in any way or that he/she is associated with the company. He’s every bit entitled to his opinion on any matters as much as you are and he can speak freely as he likes. He didn’t claim any bit of his information was confirmed and with sources either… so don’t treat it like he’s forcing people to believe what he thinks.

I personally agree with everything that Xeromist said, and with Nab, I think everyone acknowledges that he knows what he’s talking about. There’s always ways to reach a similar solution, that’s how it always is in life but how come these other “solutions” never come to fruition? Regardless of the possibility of making a possible software license, it’s never going to happen and that’s the unfortunate truth. As Xeromist mentioned, it’s not likely that Asus will screw themselves over to try and come up with an open source solution for their users to risk destroying their working relationship with Nvidia. It’s almost naïve to think that this is even a possibility. Asus is putting in the modules for the motherboards not because it’s the “only” possibility to enable G-Sync support on these notebooks, but simply they’re playing by Nvidia’s rules. The solutions Nab mentioned is either custom modifying the driver and BIOS to match up the hwid (illegal because Nvidia has patent on the technology) or use alternative free open source solutions similar to FreeSync. Let’s just assume some hacker managed to get something similar to work. How long will it work for? Nvidia will find a way to make it so it won’t work with their new drivers and this “alternative” VSync solution would originally not have support with the Nvidia drivers, so it means it will be vulnerable to issues with newer games. So if you’re cool with a semi-working solution that would only work with older Nvidia drivers, then maybe you can try to wait for something like this to become available. I rather pay this $100 and have something that will give me official support for the remaining lifespan of the laptop. We all hate Nvidia for doing this but to be honest they do own the technology regardless if it derived from open source, they did modify it and now they own the right to it. Life is unfair, either accept it or just keep living in denial that we can try to make everything the way we want it to be.

ROG Member Array

Hi I'm from Macedonia g751jy model,want the upgrade how can I apply for this program ? thanks

ROG Member Array

oh my bad thanks , another bu bu now I'm missing something but no clue what
    Last edited by virusce0707; 03-13-2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: e

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

virusce0707

You should no share your information in public like that (remove email, serial number etc...)

ROG Member Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-13-11-47-25_com.android.browser_1457866138761.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	56321 OK maybe you are right any idea what's wrong with this picture

ROG Enthusiast Array

anyways, did anybody from Romania get his answer? because last time i spoke with them, they told me "details are unknown at the moment" and this happened like 2-3 weeks ago. meanwhile, people got their laptops already modded, and here nothing seems to be going. WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?! are they retarded or just really dont care, i refer to the employees from RO office.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Disinterest and lack of professionalism. To me, the last mail I have no answer. You have two options BloodyEGO, either quitting or inquire as to send him to the Czech Republic. I, for one, believe that quit. I was the first who was interested in the program and sent the first mail from Asus.
    @ Bahz Asus even sees Romania as a country of second hand or is it the lack of interest and professionalism of the employees here?

Page 64 of 138 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast