View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 94 of 138 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Updates from APAC Region. I got a reply from ASUS APAC and they indicated the upgrade is still not ready for Singapore. Below is their email and i quote.

"For your issue, we've escalated your issue to higher level and received response that: Currently, the G-sync upgrades has not been available in Singapore yet, and they are still in the middle of planning.

Please kindly wait and we will try our best and we will contact you on the following day
    Thank you again for your patience and good will.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.

ASUS Support Web: http://support.asus.com

Technical Support: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Linda

Customer Service Center

ASUSTek Computer Inc."

Bahz - Any idea if the memo was also sent to Singapore? Thanks!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by yahya32 View Post
    Im in the UK, so the laws here are pretty good for consumers (Fingers Crossed), i Can also report it to Watchdog and trading standards, any way i don't want them to give me the downgrade as i already have my extra RAM which i spent quite a bit of money on, and from what i am hearing it won't be compatible with the other Processor, so whos gonna refund that cost?? I will send the invoice i paid for the ram to ASUS and make them pay it i think it was £ 84.99 for 16gb of Ram, as it already had 16 installed.
    Both Haswell and Crystal Well support DDR3L 1333/1600.. also max support up to 32GB.
    http://ark.intel.com/compare/78930,78934,76087

If you guys did a bit of searching, it shows on all the G751 models with i7-4750HQ also come with DDR3L memory... I'm confused how this was even brought up about i7-4750HQ only supporting DDR3 (1.5V). I think it's better that you confirm the information you claim to be correct first, before you post it as it'll cause a lot of confusion for everyone else that reads it and thinks it's true.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    Where was the upgrade done?
    LetMeRepair in the UK

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

At this point, I'll be glad to get my G751JY DH71 returned after 28 days w/ ASUS US RMA Service w/o
    G-SYNC upgrade. I'd rather have no G-SYNC than pay $99 US for an upgrade that downgrades the CPU.
    The Intel Core i7-4750HQ w/ the -.5GHz Base Clock, -.3GHz Turbo Clock speeds vs. (my G751JYs' i7-4710HQ)
    release date was Q3/13. It's the oldest, slowest, G751JY compatible Intel Core i7
    available at this time. I'm more than happy to wait until the much better Intel Core i7 CPUs'
    (i7-4710HQ release date Q2/14, i7-4720HQ release date Q1/15, i7-4860HQ release date Q1/14,
    i7-4870HQ release date Q3/14) become available. Even if it means skipping this G-SYNC upgrade
    entirely if ASUS can't obtain these newer, better, faster clocked, 4th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs' from
    their Suppliers.
    I just want my G751JY returned. Why can't ASUS US RMA Service return the
    G751JY DH71 I shipped them 29 days ago? Why must I now wait 6-8 weeks for ASUS to
    first find, then process (to my canceled by ASUS G-SYNC upgrade RMA) a same model,
    G751JY DH71 w/o G-SYNC replacement unit before they can even ship it back to me?
    Where's the G751JY DH71 I sent in for this canceled G751JY G-SYNC upgrade?
    This entire process has been a complete disaster to date for me so far!
    I love these ASUS G Series notebooks' but after this terrible experience I'm
    returning the new G752VY DH78K (that's awesome) I just purchased for
    full refund of $3499 US based on principle from my awe-full, ASUS US RMA G751JY non G-SYNC upgrade,
    waste of time, horrible experience.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-18-2016 at 08:09 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    At this point, I'll be glad to get my G751JY DH71 returned after 28 days w/ ASUS US RMA Service w/o
    G-SYNC upgrade. I'd rather have no G-SYNC than pay $99 US for an upgrade that downgrades the CPU.
    The Intel Core i7-4750HQ w/ the -.5GHz Base Clock, -.3GHz Turbo Clock speeds vs. (my G751JYs' i7-4710HQ)
    release date was Q3/13. It's the oldest, slowest, G751JY compatible Intel Core i7
    available at this time. I'm more than happy to wait until the much better Intel Core i7 CPUs'
    (i7-4710HQ release date Q2/14, i7-4720HQ release date Q1/15, i7-4860HQ release date Q1/14,
    i7-4870HQ release date Q3/14) become available. Even if it means skipping this G-SYNC upgrade
    entirely if ASUS can't obtain these newer, better, faster clocked, 4th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs' from
    their Suppliers.
    I just want my G751JY returned. Why can't ASUS US RMA Service return the
    G751JY DH71 I shipped them 29 days ago? Why must I now wait 6-8 weeks for ASUS to
    first find, then process (to my canceled by ASUS G-SYNC upgrade RMA) a same model,
    G751JY DH71 w/o G-SYNC replacement unit before they can even ship it back to me?
    Where's the G751JY DH71 I sent in for this canceled G751JY G-SYNC upgrade?
    This entire process has been a complete disaster to date for me so far!
    I love these ASUS G Series notebooks' but after this terrible experience I'm
    considering returning the new G752VY DH78K (that's awesome) I just purchased for
    full refund of $3499 US based on principle from my awe-full, ASUS US RMA G751JY non G-SYNC upgrade,
    waste of time, horrible experience.
    hello old man,

you finally returned with your feet on the surface of the planet Earth, welcome home, kind sir!
    i am glad that after 29 days of Asus spanking you in your face with their tool, you got my idea eventually: it doesnt matter how much you spent on your laptop, nor which brand it is, but considering you bought a top of the line product, the brand is responsible to treat you as a loyal customer / GOD.
    i am indeed sorry for your misadventure, bet it was frustrating af not having your laptop all this time, but hey, i called it right from the beginning. it is not professional to launch an upgrade program on extra money, and being able to deliver at your end what you previously engaged into.
    i hope you now understand my anger from that time when i called them what they are, a cocky brand treating their top clients like crap, and i am going to be honest: at first, i was kinda let down and maybe i would have given them a chance, but now, following the thread and finding out how many BS they did along, i am for sure gonna stick with my non GSYNC laptop as it is.

Again, Jon, i wish you get your laptop back and since all this fuss i bet they will compensate in a way or another, especially since you are a GURU on the forum, and i read about that guy who got his JY out of JT, because they messed it up big time. but the question remains, what about the rest of us, the peasants?
    how are we going to be hooked? i mean, they couldnt care less if 100 people wont buy a ROG next time because of their ****ty Services, but still.. it s money we cant get back. and at this point i will tell everybody else not to buy a ROG. i actually have a friend who wants to buy one g752 from a local store, 3000E give or take, converted from RON.

all the best!

ROG Enthusiast Array

@bahz, Where are you, I need assistance, They have returned my laptop and said they are not going to do anything about the Temperature issues even though it is hitting 98Deg, when it used to hit close to 77/78. what kind of crap is this. Your repair centre is responsible for this and they need to fix it or i am lodging a formal complaint. and asking for a full refund. Please sort this out asap. This is the last time i will buy an ASUS Product. I just spoke with ASUS support in the UK and even they are saying the Temperatures are very high (name was Claudia), she asked me to return the Laptop AGAIN, but it is still at the repair centre awaiting shipment back to me, What kind of game is this?? how can you have this terrible service, everyone has confirmed the temperatures are very high and need to be resolved yet ASUS have told the repair centre t oleave it as it is?? well i have lodged a complaint, and the next one is with TS, and i am contacting my Credit card company to cover the GSYNC cost as it not done properly, they will just charge it back and refund me.
    Last edited by yahya32; 04-18-2016 at 03:37 PM.

I just start to think that this program works like this:
    1. Wait for several customers for their laptops to be delivered to local service center.
    2. Upgrade the MB BIOS to include GSYNC.
    3. Swap the MBs beetween the customers.
    4. No one would notice... except those who get downgraded... or upgraded. (confirmed by several persons)
    5. Some shall receive the same MB (confirmed by at least two persons)
    6. No one received i7-4750HQ yet...

So:
    That is the reason they are requesting to send oryginal setups.
    That is the reason customers can't cancell the upgrade... as service do not have anything to return as your piece is at other customer laptop now
    That is the reason it takes so long.

What do you think? Another conspiracy theory? True or false?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by yahya32 View Post
    @bahz, Where are you, I need assistance, They have returned my laptop and said they are not going to do anything about the Temperature issues even though it is hitting 98Deg, when it used to hit close to 77/78. what kind of crap is this. Your repair centre is responsible for this and they need to fix it or i am lodging a formal complaint. and asking for a full refund. Please sort this out asap. This is the last time i will buy an ASUS Product. I just spoke with ASUS support in the UK and even they are saying the Temperatures are very high (name was Claudia), she asked me to return the Laptop AGAIN, but it is still at the repair centre awaiting shipment back to me, What kind of game is this?? how can you have this terrible service, everyone has confirmed the temperatures are very high and need to be resolved yet ASUS have told the repair centre t oleave it as it is?? well i have lodged a complaint, and the next one is with TS, and i am contacting my Credit card company to cover the GSYNC cost as it not done properly, they will just charge it back and refund me.
    Hi mate, I'm really sorry to learn about all this! I can't believe the service centre told you that! They need to sort this out!
    They changed my CPU heat sink and fan and I got a new motherboard. My temps are pretty much the same as they were before
    the G-Sync upgrade but this time I have working G-Sync as well. This proves that the higher CPU temps have nothing to do with
    the G-Sync upgrade but rather with faulty parts and or poor upgrade process! You paid for a service and are under warranty!

I hope BAHZ will read this and do something about it!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    I just start to think that this program works like this:
    1. Wait for several customers for their laptops to be delivered to local service center.
    2. Upgrade the MB BIOS to include GSYNC.
    3. Swap the MBs beetween the customers.
    4. No one would notice... except those who get downgraded... or upgraded. (confirmed by several persons)
    5. Some shall receive the same MB (confirmed by at least two persons)
    6. No one received i7-4750HQ yet...

So:
    That is the reason they are requesting to send oryginal setups.
    That is the reason customers can't cancell the upgrade... as service do not have anything to return as your piece is at other customer laptop now
    That is the reason it takes so long.

What do you think? Another conspiracy theory? True or false?
    as i say it before...agree

Page 94 of 138 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast