View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 89 of 138 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

For Slav's case I already sent out an email first thing in the morning to inform upper management and the Poland service team regarding this mistake, we'll have this rectified for you as soon as possible.

Regarding the debate with the i7-4750HQ I will recommend to the team handling this program to offer this as an option for those who don't want to wait. I'll let them know that most people still prefer to get back the exact same CPU and are willing to wait. I'll have a meeting a little later in the day and I'll try to update everyone as soon as possible.

I'll also make sure to have them send out memo to service team to "MUST" notify users that their CPU will be changed to i7-4750HQ and will only continue if they receive consent from the customer.
    Last edited by Bahz; 04-13-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Ex-employee Array

UPDATE 6 (Apr 13, 2016)
    After further discussion, it's confirmed that there's a shortage of i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ CPUs. The i7-4750HQ CPUs are in stock and all current G751 G-SYNC models selling on the market do indeed come with i7-4750HQ. The actual performance between i7-4710HQ, i7-4720HQ and i7-4750HQ is very minimal, this is based on actual real application benchmark test results. The user shouldn't notice any major difference during gameplay between the 3 CPUs.

We're going offer the i7-4750HQ for those who want to have the G-SYNC upgrade done now, but for those who prefer to wait for the i7-4710HQ/i7-4720HQ motherboards to come back in stock, we'll have our service team contact you again when they're back in stock. Please note at this moment in time there's no ETA on when the i7-4710HQ/4720HQ models will be back in stock. For other users who have the versions with i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ, these two model motherboards are also currently out of stock and we'll also have our service team contact you once they're back in stock.

A memo will sent to all regions to notify them of this update and to have them make sure that all customers are clearly notified that in order to continue with the upgrade now, they'll need to give consent that they accept the i7-4750HQ CPU version as replacement.
    Last edited by Bahz; 04-13-2016 at 04:08 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    UPDATE 6 (Apr 13, 2016)
    After further discussion, it's confirmed that there's a shortage of i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ CPUs. The i7-4750HQ CPUs are in stock and all current G751 G-SYNC models selling on the market do indeed come with i7-4750HQ. The actual performance between i7-4710HQ, i7-4720HQ and i7-4750HQ is very minimal, this is based on actual real application benchmark test results. The user shouldn't notice any major difference during gameplay between the 3 CPUs.

We're going offer the i7-4750HQ for those who want to have the G-SYNC upgrade done now, but for those who prefer to wait for the i7-4710HQ/i7-4720HQ motherboards to come back in stock, we'll have our service team contact you again when they're back in stock. Please note at this moment in time there's no ETA on when the i7-4710HQ/4720HQ models will be back in stock. For other users who have the versions with i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ, these two model motherboards are also currently out of stock and we'll also have our service team contact you once they're back in stock.

A memo will sent to all regions to notify them of this update and to have them make sure that all customers are clearly notified that in order to continue with the upgrade now, they'll need to give consent that they accept the i7-4750HQ CPU version as replacement.

as i said in my previous posts, this is actually a bust. it wont work as it started very badly and i will not assume this risk, of getting my laptop downgraded on my money )

i got no beef with you Bahz, but i just wanted to let the ASUS fanboys know that even if you will continue to praise your god-brand, it wont turn out good. it's too bad you are risking your laptops over this scam. as one other guy here said, ASUS should have taken all the laptops back, give us the next model for the small difference of the amount of money, and then sell these as refurbished. that would have PROFESSIONAL approach.
    this one, what they are currently doing, is just an amateur, lets-see-how-we-get-it-done type of job.
    PERIOD.

best of luck!
    Last edited by BloodyEGO; 04-13-2016 at 07:04 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H (310)
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

i7-4710HQ VS i7-4750HQ

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare.../m11499vsm3709

Not sure about the law world-wide but I'm sure in most countries for a replacement the customer should receive in return something "equal or better", not something (slightly) worse.
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-13-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Ex-employee Array

@BloodEGO
    It's really unnecessary to say this kind of stuff and promote this kind of negativity.

The i7-4750HQ is an equivalent level CPU to the i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ.

The i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ perform very slightly better for applications and games where all the tasks are single-threaded heavy. The i7-4750HQ is a better multi-tasking CPU and outperforms the i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ in multi-threading tasks.

The passmark benchmark helps prove this to be the case:
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_loo....00GHz&id=1957

Looking at just the clock speed is not the best way to determine which CPU is better. There's a reason why the latest models/SKUs of the G751 are using i7-4750HQ and not i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ, it's because our engineers feel that this model is the better overall CPU.

We're not going to force anyone to accept this solution but for those who don't mind and don't feel that this is a downgrade can have the option to complete the G-SYNC upgrade ahead of others. I will continue to update on the status on the availability of the other motherboard models once there's any information available internally.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Lightbulb

@BloodEGO
    It's really unnecessary to say this kind of stuff and promote this kind of negativity.

The i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ perform very slightly better for applications and games where all the tasks are single-threaded heavy. The i7-4750HQ is a better multi-tasking CPU and outperforms the i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ in multi-threading tasks.

Looking at just the clock speed is not the best way to determine which CPU is better. There's a reason why the latest models/SKUs of the G751 are using i7-4750HQ and not i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ, it's because our engineers feel that this model is the better overall CPU.

We're not going to force anyone to accept this solution but for those who don't mind and don't feel that this is a downgrade can have the option to complete the G-SYNC upgrade ahead of others. I will continue to update on the status on the availability of the other motherboard models once there's any information available internally.

Hey Bhaz,

Any news on the Heat issues?any chance you can find out what is happening with mine, as everything works including GSYNC, its just the temps, so i hope they can sort it without having to swap anything out??

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H (310)
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

@BloodEGO]

... or tests were made with different DDR3 on board. Probably i7-4750HQ tests were made with DDR3 2133 with better timings... It's hard to determine from those kind of sites. Memory and chipset also have an important role in these kind of benchmarks.
    Probably you're right about well engineered multi-threaded software (minority though) but this is another site:
    http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare.../m11499vsm3709
    collecting user real-world (multi-core included) tests.
    Just FYI.

P.S.
    IMHO math benchmarks are totally unreliable anyway... Today HW/SW are so complex and depending on various little diffs that benches are too unrealistic. Only "reliable" to a certain degree tests are those done on real every-day softwares/games, which is what interests users more in the end.

A Uningine Heaven demo test before and after 4710-4750 in the same PC would give a more reliable result.
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-13-2016 at 11:02 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Someone on this thread said, if they use that CPU the RAM needs to be changed as well from 1.35v to 1.5v, this can't be true can it?

ROG Enthusiast Array

@BloodEGO

i am not promoting any sort of negativity. i really find your struggle real and yourself as a person, a good man. but i cant stand here and not state the obvious.
    this really is not going as it should and right now, from the outside (because as i said in the previous posts, i will certainly NOT follow this lead of upgrade), it looks like a struggle to fix things, things that people like me and other users here paid a decent amount of money for a top product. unfortunatelly, with this program, the "top" part seems to be obsolete, because despite your efforts to calmly reassure us that Asus has it under control, things get from bad to worse. first the 3rd party services "assus approved" in countries like mine and later to find out, across EU which suck, then the high temps issues, now the CPU issue, and last but not least, the cherry on top - the poor guy who received a g751JT Gsync instead of g751jy gysnc.
    i know it doesnt depend on you and you really do your best, but hey, the jokes on us who thought Asus is really a premium brand and treats its clients accordingly.
    dont put it as negativity, because it is rather REALITY.

regards!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

@BloodEGO

Dear Bahz,
    Please clarify what would be the proper equivalent in case user has i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ? As you have written at UPDATE 6 these two CPUs are also out of stock with no ETA... also i7-4750HQ ? That would be quite 'surprising'

IMHO Asus can get what is ordered... if no orders then no ETA. Don't you think? What would be ordered for i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ users?

Page 89 of 138 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast