View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 25 of 138 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Angry Bogus?

My Email was answered 2 weeks later and ASUS said no such thing is happening.
    We really need more info so we can request this upgrade to the people who will make it happen.
    Its a waste of time talking to the uninformed who answer these emails.
    Please supply a proper contact person.

ROG Member Array

Any news?

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Whats the old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day? Continuously hammering support people that evidently have not had anything filter down to them is going to yield nothing but disdain on their parts even more so than yours and result in them eventually ignoring your requests. If folks would just be patient and watch the Admin posts in this thread it would be a much smoother evolution.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

While that's all fine and dandy and obviously the most logical thing is to just wait ... I can't help but point out that telling people that the promotion is only in the USA or that it isn't happening is just awful. Support is basically making themselves look stupid and they're also saying "I don't care that you're a customer, I won't check my facts, go away, I'm only answering you because the system tracks responses".

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

I get the frustration. Now put yourself in the position of the people you are hammering who have not been made privy to this information. If you didn't know about it how would you answer? All the negativity in this thread is based on 100% pure conjecture. The wandering mind can be your worst enemy and folks here are causing themselves anguish over something they cannot control. Even if they could control it that is yet another avenue of anguish as control is an illusion that the mind creates to set itself at ease as no one has complete control over anything, ever. Its obvious that not a single person posting the negativity has every worked in support position. First thing you have to realize is the first level tech support you are speaking to could not only never be able to complete this upgrade they most likely have an issue just turning a PC on. Their jobs are to take care of simple issues that can be solved by reading through a trouble shooting flow chart and to weed out the riff raff. People calling in or emailing constantly impatient have made themselves the riff raff. You will NEVER talk to an actual tech over the phone or via email, EVER! When level 1 has deemed that its necessary to send your machine in then the Machine goes to an actual tech who has a work order to go by and thats the jest of it. If you put actual high $$ techs on the phone answering stupid questions nothing would ever get fixed as its a full time job for many people. My company has over 1000 pole answering phones and providing level 1 tech support just for the US. I used to give out my cell number to customers trying to be nice but had to have my number changed and removed from my business cards because I ended up spending all my time fielding calls. How do you know they did not check their facts? Do you think they have a direct line to the person who initiated this action? They don't even have a direct line to their dept head who also doesn't have a direct line to the people who initiated this. Their fact check consists of the FAQ sheets and flow charts they have in front of them.

This is how major corporations work.......all of them! Departments are kept separate and each department has a specific task.

If folks would just relax and wait the answers will present themselves eventually. The only critique I have of this process is if I were running it I would never have mentioned a single word for the trolls to devour until I had all the pieces in place and ready to go and just left them to wallow in self pity in the so called petition thread. Ill bet this is not a mistake that whoever started this will make twice, most likely ASUS will NEVER undertake something like this EVER again on the heels of people complaining that would not be happy if they offered to replace your case with solid gold for free. The member who started the thread for raid to be made available will have to live with bitter disappointment as right about now the same folks who were responsible for this are saying........Ill never do that crap again! (although using much more colorful metaphors)

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

...Just a Poll to actually evaluate whether to start this upgrade offer or not? 90 voters only...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    I-snip-
    Actually, I've never drilled on anyone. The answer I got is "we believe this is USA only at the moment, we will contact you if this changes. Apologies if I didn't read the rest of your post, I'm tired. And in their position I would say "Let us look into this matter." and not "There's no such thing."

I'm not particularly frustrated, either. I'm gonna wait for all of it to clear up, anyways. Not like there's anything else I can do at this point...

ROG Member Array

Just one more thing....

Well the fact that Bahz stated in his announcement, on page one, that the offer is from Feb 1 to May 1
    and not one person in this thread or perhaps anywhere for that matter, has gotten the upgrade concerns me.

Where did Bahz get his information and why aren't those people implementing this better.
    The program has started after all on Feb 1.

Ex-employee Array

I'm sorry for the late response as I just came back from my vacation (Chinese/Lunar New Year). During this time of course it wouldn't be sane to be working as this is equivalent to Chirstmas for western countries.

I do apologize how this has been a very confusing process for a lot of you. Some countries are already aware of the program and have been trying to contact HQ for more details but of course the CNY break came at a bad time where finally the news started spreading around to all the regions but no one was there to answer all the details.

The program was prepared months in advance, so why the news hasn't properly reached all the regions is really mind boggling for me as well. We're working hard to communicate all the details with all the local countries at this time. We'll probably be extending the program duration due to these delays. Once again I'm sorry for all the confusion and inconvenience caused and we'll be working as quickly as possible to get everything cleared up as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Bahz
    Last edited by Bahz; 02-15-2016 at 07:02 AM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

Thank you Bahz, it really is confusing , And Thank You Asus ,Thank you for Good News , Huge Chinese New Year Celebrations in Toronto as well We have a large Chinese Community . Hope u enjoyed your new year,
    I no longer have my G751-JY I gave it to a young person in need , they will go through the upgrade process I will help if the need arises , as I have a G752-VY
    Last edited by toronto699; 02-15-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Page 25 of 138 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast